Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Guest Rassilon

Ultra Hyped for the ranged Stats on Weapons/Items.

Getting a slight Borderlands Feeling, not meant in a bad way.

Madmole, as you allready stated that could be THE thing to keep us horders/collecters thrilled for a long period of time.

Also enganges trading on Servers wich is a good thing.

Guns with Legs also comming? :)

18 was supposed to be perk rebalance and some books. But its turned into a mega build already, our team is just smashing it. The focus of 18 though is to fix all the shortcomings of 17, and I feel very warm and fuzzy that we will achieve that goal. We've touched on all the hot topics I think and it will be well received.

I'll be honest.. 18 sounds awesome.

I think folks would rather have the ability to make canned versions of stew and shiz. But, yes definitely the canned food needs more use. For reference:

- Canned salmon is used in Fish Tacos

- Canned chili is used in chili dog

- Can of dog food is used in Grandpa's Lern' Elixur

And I think that's it. Canned sham is just canned sham it's not used in anything. Perhaps, remove that recipe and instead have canned sham to be ued in the hobo stew instead. Since they both require rotten meat, rotten meat to make can of sham and the hobo stew.

nvm, brainfart.

Random stats on loot weapons would absolutely make me go out and loot again late game. Currently I just hang by the forge eating fish tacos.

We've been planning this for a long time. Just gotta find the time to DO it. LOL

A19 will have random stat ranges with some overlap above and below their quality and tier, so finding the perfect weapon will be more engaging.

It seems like in A11? Awesome!

Breaking news: We might add to 18. Yeah crafting though will be middle of the road so there is no meta game of spam crafting and no possible way to craft the best items, ever. Looted items will have stats all over the place making each weapon find intersting. Maybe even a brown will have more damage than a bad roll on a pink, but the averages will likely be better.

Ha ha! You give us back the A11! that's a good thing !

We've been planning this for a long time. Just gotta find the time to DO it. LOL

I suggested it a month or two ago to madmole, and you were against it! Now it's "we've been planning this for a long time"? SMH. Random stats is not new to games but when I suggested it madmole he liked it and ran with it. Now it's gonna be in A18.

Maybe you guys had a system planned for legendarys that was similar? Idk.

Random stats on loot weapons would absolutely make me go out and loot again late game. Currently I just hang by the forge eating fish tacos.

We're going to add it to 18 now. The functionality is in we just have to integrate it to every item with quality.

I suggested it a month or two ago to madmole, and you were against it! Now it's "we've been planning this for a long time"? SMH. Random stats is not new to games but when I suggested it madmole he liked it and ran with it. Now it's gonna be in A18.

Maybe you guys had a system planned for legendarys that was similar? Idk.

I think things were so torn up a month ago considering anything new was off the table.

JOEL,

Today during the broadcast I went to the merchant at about 10 in the morning and it was closed. When I approached the gate, I did not teleport.

I could just restart the game and most likely the merchant would open, but I didn’t do that. I just went about my business, completed some tasks and when I returned at 6 pm, the trader was open.

I know why this happened, just a piece of the card with the merchant unloaded, and then booted again when I returned, but ...

It was cool when you go to the merchant during the day and you never know for sure whether he is open or not! )

The merchant is also a person, and he could sometimes close during the day to go for the goods, or go to the toilet, and maybe he has lunch or a day off)

I hope you do not correct this error or make it a feature of the game! )

What do you think about this aspect of realism? Is this a good idea?

Horde mode only zombie.

Awesome! Thanks for the added danger during BM nights! It will add a bit more spice rather than just watching for Cops and Greenies advancing towards our defenses. Really looking forward to these guys!

Any possibility that you would consider giving them a 25-50% Zombie loot bag drop rate that has some gun powder and a block or 2 of the new C4 inside? Might be that extra "push" folks need to jump outside the safety of their defenses to snatch up the bags.

JOEL,

Today during the broadcast I went to the merchant at about 10 in the morning and it was closed. When I approached the gate, I did not teleport.

I could just restart the game and most likely the merchant would open, but I didn’t do that. I just went about my business, completed some tasks and when I returned at 6 pm, the trader was open.

I know why this happened, just a piece of the card with the merchant unloaded, and then booted again when I returned, but ...

It was cool when you go to the merchant during the day and you never know for sure whether he is open or not! )

The merchant is also a person, and he could sometimes close during the day to go for the goods, or go to the toilet, and maybe he has lunch or a day off)

I hope you do not correct this error or make it a feature of the game! )

What do you think about this aspect of realism? Is this a good idea?

It will just piss people off. There is a horde coming, everyone has 10,000 things to do, and rekt is out wiping his ass in the outhouse? There are some lazy ♥♥♥♥s in Skyrim that don't open until 10 am and they piss me off. Adrianne is busting ass at 6 am she gets all my business lol.

Alpha 17.4 Experimental B4

Ok enough now

How many more experimental versions do we need before you guys TFP fix it and make this game right, so many changes, and so many “fixes” that are making things worse?

Get your team together, please

17 alphas (with multiple versions in between)

I love this game and what it is, but you’re doing my head in, the “changes” and “updates” that miss obvious errors that need fixing

Yes it “works” better now, but stupid changes and so obvious things that are not fixed/changed just makes me think WTF are they doing, how they cannot see that’s an issue

Don’t make visual changes priority over core game coding!!

Animation, please, if you have a spider zombie that jumps, don’t make it a non-animation, he jumps like hes stuck in an 80s Atari game

Just look at the forum, the amount of posts about “alpha 17 xxxx” whatever version bug reporting

Theres so many

Listen to your players

Fix the obvious issues

Stop realising minor experimental updates until you got it totally sorted

It will just piss people off. There is a horde coming, everyone has 10,000 things to do, and rekt is out wiping his ass in the outhouse? There are some lazy ♥♥♥♥s in Skyrim that don't open until 10 am and they piss me off. Adrianne is busting ass at 6 am she gets all my business lol.

But it is life! ) I like it, and I am not one! ))

People are also angry when endurance ends. People get angry when a character slows down during reloading. People are angry a lot)

A19 will have random stat ranges with some overlap above and below their quality and tier, so finding the perfect weapon will be more engaging.

:clap2:

We're going to add it to 18 now. The functionality is in we just have to integrate it to every item with quality.

:party:

If I was a Trader in this game, I would put a "Drop box" outside my outpost for "Afterhours" deliveries. I might give only 75% of the promised reward payment and EXP but hell, if you are coming after hours and can't wait til morning.. Suck it up Buttercup. The choice is yours to wait and maybe grab a new job or drop and scoot..

Archived