Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

This sounds crazy but good is an apocalypse, @madmole I speak of alchemy, well this is my idea

* Add alchemy table to manufacture nitric acid, fertilizer, acid, energy drinks and explosive liquid

* Add mineral salt (which can be found under rivers and lagoons)

* Join Salt + Nitric acid = Nitrate (oh yeah)

* Add other crazy recipes

Summing up an alchemy table to prepare nitrate and be all happy

We're going to add it to 18 now. The functionality is in we just have to integrate it to every item with quality.

Oh god... Hell yeah dude! You and your team are killing it in every way possible, i've been playing 7dtd since alpha 4, and I am so proud of what it has become and how you never settled with what you had, you guys always wanted more and better, and that's respectable as f*ck.

This is the best survival/sandbox game in existence period.

Alpha 17.4 Experimental B4

Ok enough now

How many more experimental versions do we need before you guys TFP fix it and make this game right, so many changes, and so many “fixes” that are making things worse?

Get your team together, please

17 alphas (with multiple versions in between)

I love this game and what it is, but you’re doing my head in, the “changes” and “updates” that miss obvious errors that need fixing

Yes it “works” better now, but stupid changes and so obvious things that are not fixed/changed just makes me think WTF are they doing, how they cannot see that’s an issue

Don’t make visual changes priority over core game coding!!

Animation, please, if you have a spider zombie that jumps, don’t make it a non-animation, he jumps like hes stuck in an 80s Atari game

Just look at the forum, the amount of posts about “alpha 17 xxxx” whatever version bug reporting

Theres so many

Listen to your players

Fix the obvious issues

Stop realising minor experimental updates until you got it totally sorted

Don't buy games in Alpha state if you want a polished and bug-free game

Ok enough now

How many more experimental versions do we need before you guys TFP fix it and make this game right, so many changes, and so many “fixes” that are making things worse?

I love this game and what it is, but you’re doing my head in, the “changes” and “updates” that miss obvious errors that need fixing

Yes it “works” better now, but stupid changes and so obvious things that are not fixed/changed just makes me think WTF are they doing, how they cannot see that’s an issue

Animation, please, if you have a spider zombie that jumps, don’t make it a non-animation, he jumps like hes stuck in an 80s Atari game

Just look at the forum, the amount of posts about “alpha 17 xxxx” whatever version bug reporting

Theres so many

Listen to your players

Fix the obvious issues

They fix those bugs that are more convenient for them to fix, and fixing them will benefit future releases.

They will not fix the bug of stuff if its still have to alter or remove in the future.

Therefore, this state of affairs. But I agree with you - it's annoying.

But "it's Alpha" (RR).

Ok enough now

Stop opting in to the latest experimental, or stick to A16.4 then

Things are messy and hard to debug when bugs can affect other bugs. You need the baby steps.

Ok enough now

Theres so many

Listen to your players

Fix the obvious issues

So sit on bugs and fixes until we fix the things that rub you the right way? Sorry but we fix what we feel is urgent, not random stuff that doesn't even matter. Some stuff cannot be fixed in 17 without breaking save games so those things wait for A18 to be fixed. Posts like this are useless, unless you can be specific about a real problem, its just a useless rant.

All I got out of it is, some guy is randomly unhappy because we didn't solve what he's passionate about, but he refused to say other than some vague stuff about spiders.

But it is life! ) I like it, and I am not one! ))

People are also angry when endurance ends. People get angry when a character slows down during reloading. People are angry a lot)

Yeah but traders are actually open during horde night so thats a bug that needs fixed. I just don't see value to it. I'd rather put effort into more serious problems like broken arms that are interesting to work around than inconvenience features that just annoy people. Oh how do I solve that? You wait. Not interesting after the first few times it happens.

If I was a Trader in this game, I would put a "Drop box" outside my outpost for "Afterhours" deliveries. I might give only 75% of the promised reward payment and EXP but hell, if you are coming after hours and can't wait til morning.. Suck it up Buttercup. The choice is yours to wait and maybe grab a new job or drop and scoot..

Yeah but we have a system that works fine. The point is why spend time engineering that, when there are features people really want? Like An M4 rifle. A junk turret. The more small random requests we take on, the less cool big stuff we can pull off.

This sounds crazy but good is an apocalypse, @madmole I speak of alchemy, well this is my idea

* Add alchemy table to manufacture nitric acid, fertilizer, acid, energy drinks and explosive liquid

* Add mineral salt (which can be found under rivers and lagoons)

* Join Salt + Nitric acid = Nitrate (oh yeah)

* Add other crazy recipes

Summing up an alchemy table to prepare nitrate and be all happy

There is already a chemistry station (alchemy) and nitrate you can mine. Why add all those items to get something that is easily available? We have alchemy in the game already, its medicine crafting. I'd like to add more, but that will be later.

There is already a chemistry station (alchemy) and nitrate you can mine. Why add all those items to get something that is easily available? We have alchemy in the game already, its medicine crafting. I'd like to add more, but that will be later.

Not asking for A18, or even A19 probably, but do you eventually see another type of workstation/forge/chemistry station being added to the vanilla game?

Not asking for A18, or even A19 probably, but do you eventually see another type of workstation/forge/chemistry station being added to the vanilla game?

Why? How many stations do you need? Do gates excite you?

Yeah but we have a system that works fine. The point is why spend time engineering that, when there are features people really want? Like An M4 rifle. A junk turret. The more small random requests we take on, the less cool big stuff we can pull off.

I 100% agree with you, thus I started the post with "If I was a Trader".. With convenience comes a Price ;)

I am obviously NOT an NPC Trader nor am I a Game Programmer, I am just a Huge fan and happy with what you guys put out to us in your own time.

We don't get to see the TFP "White Board" of "To Do" projects but I bet it isn't half of what we have seen thus far. :)

I don't have a number in mind... I'm just asking. I think its kind of cool having all those kinds of things in the base.. that's about as far as I got thinking about it, lol.

Have you ever tried Eco Survival? There is something around 40 different crafting stations. The game is geared for multiplayer where each person takes on a few roles, possibility only one on a large server. It is interesting, but trying to manage all of that for a single player hurts your head. There might be room for a couple more in 7D2D, if they served some good purpose, but trust me... beyond that it gets really hard to deal with.

I 100% agree with you, thus I started the post with "If I was a Trader".. With convenience comes a Price ;)

I am obviously NOT an NPC Trader nor am I a Game Programmer, I am just a Huge fan and happy with what you guys put out to us in your own time.

We don't get to see the TFP "White Board" of "To Do" projects but I bet it isn't half of what we have seen thus far. :)

Morrowind wasn't Skyrim. We have enough ideas for several sequels and will have to save some of them for those. That said we have some very interesting stuff coming yet.

I don't have a number in mind... I'm just asking. I think its kind of cool having all those kinds of things in the base.. that's about as far as I got thinking about it, lol.

Yeah I'm a fan of workstations, but at the same time others on the team aren't. At the end of the day its just a gate. I'd like to see an oven or industrial forge yet. One problem is you need a castle to fit too many workstations in, like in Ark.

Yeah I'm a fan of workstations, but at the same time others on the team aren't. At the end of the day its just a gate. I'd like to see an oven or industrial forge yet. One problem is you need a castle to fit too many workstations in, like in Ark.

You've got to have workstations. Even the campfire to a degree is a workstation.

Without these things a base would be nothing more than a collection of storage boxes, which is not particularly interesting.

I would say that's not entirely a bad thing. It means you have to defend more space or pick and choose which stations to have.

Not too many but enough to fill a 7 x 7 area at least, maybe make some slightly larger stations or L-shaped ones. This would prevent me from just building a small tower and filling the top floor with an entire factory as I usually do. I'd have to rethink or prioritize space.

See thats the difference. To me I consider a biome to be a very distinct and unique place with completely different visuals, potential enemies, mining, POIs etc. The plains and other forest were essentially variants of the desert and the pine forest and didn't offer anything unique other than visuals. Its something that can be handled better as a large sub biome.

I might be late to the party, but yeah, sub-biomes.

Like for example a big snowy mountain with forest at the base and then rocky snowy mountains without trees at the higher to peak levels? That would be cool.

Could also work for desert, the more to the middle one gets, the more sparse plants become.

Or a forest becoming denser.

Not gradually, but with perhaps just one 'inner circle' for hopefully big biomes, maybe even tied to the heightmap, so those barren mountain peaks can shine through programmatically?

Like that?

Or full scale blends of biomes next to each other instead of inside each other, as I envisioned in the first two examples?

Archived