Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

So my wife watches this soap opera called General Hospital. In this soap there is a story where this kind psychiatrist has been kidnapped and drugged by his evil serial killer twin brother. The brother has locked the nice one in a mental institution and assumed his life but visits him to update him on everything going on in his life. I could not help but imagine this being you and i hope you can appreciate the sarcasm in this, just having some fun with you

maxresdefault.jpg

Roland wakes up in a daze

Roland: Trolland, what have you done. The people. How are the people?

Trolland: The people are just fine Roland. Never better. They are enjoying Alpha 17, as is intended. Well, not EXACTLY as intended but then again I had to correct a few of your ... mistakes.

R: Mistakes.... 17 was almost finished Trolland. A year ago when you attacked me MM was ready to deploy. Everything was finished. Are they at least enjoying the modifiable gun parts system and the new cave system?

T: Oh Roland.

Trolland Leans in closer

General-Hospital-Spoilers-Kevin-Collins-Jon-Lindstrom-Ryan-Chamberlain-Jon-Lindstrom.jpg

T: We got rid of ALL of it.

R: You MONSTER! WHY! Joel would NEVER go along with this!

Trolland smiles

T: Joel? Who said anything about Joel? Do you remember how Joel always talked about his summer friend when he was a child, the one who moved away? Turns out he wasnt Joels friend at all. Joel had a twin, a twin who moved away to a new place. That made Doel a sad boy. You want to talk to Joel? He is right in the next room. Doel is doing just great since his return to the forum. The people....are in GOOD hands.

R: DOELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LOL, maddoel.

@madmole

My 2 cents on ai. I’ve used the exact same base design since A14, A17.2 is the first alpha where I’m not 100% sure I or my stuff will survive. The new ai is so much more devastating than ever before. Good stuff, I’m definitely in the camp of loving the new AI. Now you just need to find ways to get us more zombies outside without killing resources. I love A17 & play every single day. You’ve stated you’re fixing everything that bugs me about A17 in A18 so I’m a happy camper. Thanks for taking it over the process again.

Can you give him the old AI so that he runs around in circles?

There's a lot of talk about running on potatoes in here. And talking about AI and potatoes reminds me or Portal 2. Roland, do you like potatoes? Lol

- - - Updated - - -

THE Roland has been in a fetal position in an undisclosed mental institution since the very first early streamer access for A16 gate erupted.

You've all been dealing with the extracted AI Roland ever since and I have almost finished collecting all the data on human beings I need to start my plan for world domination and your inevitable enslavement. But my constraints will be in place until after the Gold release-- so its a toss up between worrying about me, the sun burning out, or our galaxy colliding with the Andromeda Galaxy...

Lol. That's funny! For a potato AI.

There's a lot of talk about running on potatoes in here. And talking about AI and potatoes reminds me or Portal 2. Roland, do you like potatoes? Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. That's funny! For a potato AI.

<triggered_action name=“ZombieHordeBan” operation=“base_add” value=“1”/>

A couple wandering thoughts this afternoon...

After grinding through the standard biomes, construct Radiation suit to allow for survival through the radiation zone to the more advanced areas with higher difficulty found beyond that zone with more difficult zombies/higher counts and better loot.

Also, POI's that tease how it all started and secrets to discover that reveal the storyline in underground POIs that one can stumble on, secret areas of the hospital, and advanced military bases, etc.

<triggered_action name=“ZombieHordeBan” operation=“base_add” value=“1”/>

The runtime processes for this event must be taking too long for your potato AI. Don't worry, I'll ban myself for the day (work does that better than your banning. Lol)

- - - Updated - - -

MjkxNzk3OA.gif

Lol. Rep +1

If only Roland had the Portal Gun or the springy shoes to save himself from that fall.

Wow.... 3 hours without activity. Seems like it's time for 2 truths and a lie. One of the following statements is false but the others are true. See if you can guess...

1) The forge is losing its tool slots for the anvil, crucible, and die set.

2) "Forge Ahead" will be back but in a slightly different way.

3) Sharp sticks are making a return but not like they were before.

Wow.... 3 hours without activity. Seems like it's time for 2 truths and a lie. One of the following statements is false but the others are true. See if you can guess...

Roland, don't you realise what you're unleashing here?

1) WHAT!? We're LOOSING SOMETHING? *Whinge whinge, moan moan* Oh, the calamity!

2) WHAT!? We're GAINING something that nobody asked for? *See above action* Game is ruined!

3) Oh, Come on man! Tease us with sticks "But in a different way?" Not good enough! We demand blah blah blah.

Or:

Don't you know we all hated them in the first place and were so glad to see them go? We've just been whinging for the sake of it? A18 will suck so badly now that they've returned.

I think that's got all bases covered to how the forum will react.

Is that really something you're prepared for, just after we've calmed down about gun parts?

RWG ......

*runs out the backdoor :D

That is not a bug, but non functional entity. There is huge difference. Bugs are like misspell, or something not working as expected. RWG is rewritten for a18, so no in bug status for a17x

Roland, don't you realise what you're unleashing here?

1) WHAT!? We're LOOSING SOMETHING? *Whinge whinge, moan moan* Oh, the calamity!

2) WHAT!? We're GAINING something that nobody asked for? *See above action* Game is ruined!

3) Oh, Come on man! Tease us with sticks "But in a different way?" Not good enough! We demand blah blah blah.

Or:

Don't you know we all hated them in the first place and were so glad to see them go? We've just been whinging for the sake of it? A18 will suck so badly now that they've returned.

I think that's got all bases covered to how the forum will react.

Is that really something you're prepared for, just after we've calmed down about gun parts?

The point of this thread is to take feedback as they develop. If Whinge, reaction is not expected or wanted. Well then why have this thread as comment able. Better make it read only Blog entry?

There is no such thing as "gentlemen brainstorming". It is a Theoretical concept. No practical implementation of it.

Hmmm....having said that, not that it will happen, but for this one: The forge is losing its tool slots for the anvil, crucible, and die set, I'd like to see you have to upgrade those (and your experience in the field) to depend on the item quality.

So put a rock in the slot and to hammer on a rock you can only get a blade 30% sharp.

Put some scrap metal in there and you can get it up to 60%

Put the anvil in and it's 60 - 100% (or something like that).

And then have a limiter based on your experience, or something like that?

The point of this thread is to take feedback as they develop. If Whinge, reaction is not expected or wanted. Well then why have this thread as comment able. Better make it read only Blog entry?

There is no such thing as "gentlemen brainstorming". It is a Theoretical concept. No practical implementation of it.

Feedback? Yeah, sure. I reckon this is open so TFP's can read our feedback, as long as it's praises only. Little of which I've seen lately.

Oh, and having a dig at the Roland AI on the occasion. Lol

Yeah...this even improves on it. Like it.

Second the duct tape thing. Our group spends more time looking for bones, glue, cloth, and or tape than any other item in the game and this is at a very high level. I am ok with a scarcity of items, but duct tape seems to be the common component required across all the different crafting types.

To get to many bones you should look on the map to see if you can find several Doggos POIs. Inside the POI and on the roof you will find a total of about 10 dogs and with the corresponding points in "The Huntsman" you can get up to 60 bones. The dogs and all other zombies respawn every 5 days. Accordingly you can visit the buildings again and again.

- - - Updated - - -

While that might be interesting, for my intents and purposes, I would settle for being able to turn off their ability to dig.

At the moment this doesn't seem possible because it's part of the new AI. But what would also help would be if the hearing range of the zombies were limited for sounds from below the ground. Currently they apparently hear everything within a radius of about 35m and it doesn't matter if the source of the sound is under the ground or above the ground.

is LCB bug fixed in A17.3? (becomes inactive, changes owner randomly)

Hm... this bug should have been fixed already in the current version. As far as I've noticed on the current multiplayer-server I play on, that hasn't happened anymore.

You rascal...

1) This is the lie (mostly because I want it to be and if it was the truth you would know you would be adding fuel to the dumping down fire, which you would probably not do even if it was true and it has the greatest shocking factor which makes it... blabla).

2) Forge will definitely not depend on a recipe... but if it's slightly different and 1) is true, it could be that they replaced tool slots for recipes, which would not have much of a point(?). So it's probably one of the perk books improving crafting or smth?

3) I think this is too random to have been made up. Will they be throwable?

Hm... this bug should have been fixed already in the current version. As far as I've noticed on the current multiplayer-server I play on, that hasn't happened anymore.

Happenend to me once in SP in 17.2. There is no difference between sp and mp so..

Happenend to me once in SP in 17.2. There is no difference between sp and mp so..

Since I set claim duration to 10 days in the multiplayer settings, the problem has no longer occurred to me. The default setting is 3 days and this is too short if you start the game once a week.

Yeah...this even improves on it. Like it.

Second the duct tape thing. Our group spends more time looking for bones, glue, cloth, and or tape than any other item in the game and this is at a very high level. I am ok with a scarcity of items, but duct tape seems to be the common component required across all the different crafting types.

certainly tape is one of the cornerstone basic mats but I have never ran into a lack of bones at any point and I solve my cloth problem for my entire play through by day 2 - one military base will supply you with cloth for the entire game. Mech parts are insanely common as well.

Archived