Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

We have 2000+ hours because the game was a new game we enjoyed after each new alpha. 17 is a setback, but you guys seem to have that in hand so let's do 18. Frack 17.3.

Na, updating is good for everybody. All those tickets smashed will make testing 18 easier and more focused.

https://imgur.com/lSy3klt

This looks like concrete and it's all over the house walls.

That is the intention, designers like to use stuff for various applications, it passes for concrete, plaster and some chaulky drywall so we can use it without restrictions and its not immersion breaking to bust it with one shot or 50.

@Madmole

It's been trying. I've leveled up a bit. Old Joel would have placed land mines in the wasteland. And he did.

Yes, and admittedly I hated you for that.. **Jumps over "bump" in wasteland, lands on mine -- boom!"**. I have PTSD from that moment.. LOL

I had hoped you would comment on points I brought up page 270>> post 4044.

I'm sorry I took this the wrong way. And I'm sorry that the post may have (I say may have 'cause Roland thinks you might be joking) been seen as catty. I was trying for humorous (although I stand by SOME of the textures being butt ugly :tickled_pink: but definitely not all) ... and I really shouldn't try to be funny because I'm really not.

Thank you for agreeing their will be more/different textures in the future, especially if you make it so we can add our own. (When I say "we" I mean someone with talent, not me.) That will be amazing.

Note: Thank you Roland. Maybe you can snip out my little panty twisted quote from yours as well?

Well yeah a game that doesn't allow simple texture modifications isn't very moddable. We want a highly moddable game so when we say goodbye you guys can do what you can dream.

@madmole, take a snickers bar, based on the ads I saw when they last ran those. It should transform you or something.

I'm fine, if I get mad I'll just leave. Otherwise I'm just messing with you guys.

Once bandits are in, the whole base building game will change anyhow, as a base protected from (melee) zombies will not necessarily work for bandits with long range attacks.

The player will likely have to think a lot more about line-of-sight cover then.

It would be especially interesting if bandits could use bouncing grenades..

Which are getting love. I was trying to tune the new grenade in and noticed the bounce angles were not correct and found out we're using some old simulated aa/bb bounce code crap. That's getting ripped out and we'll be using real physics for the grenade classed items.

CNN? fake news so it can't be dark! :)

Will A17.3 be out before GOT finishes (3 more episodes)? don't make me spoil Avengers Endgame (Roland Dies in the end)

We've extracted enough Roland out of these forums to replicate him in an AI, so he will live on forever.

@Madmole

Yes, and admittedly I hated you for that.. **Jumps over "bump" in wasteland, lands on mine -- boom!"**. I have PTSD from that moment.. LOL

I had hoped you would comment on points I brought up page 270>> post 4044.

I don't do walls of text, even if they come in paragraphs. I did read it, but I didn't really deduct much of a question and everything you talked about is either in flux at the design table or too far into the future to consider.

I think a lot of the malaise here of late is the a17 mis step combined with how long we've been on it without those "every few week" updates you'd hoped for. For instance, we still have the santa hats and candy cane shivs!

Madmole, you admitted the guy in charge of a17 was a mistake, and while you see all the a18 improvements, we are all still living with those mistakes... so of course we are still mired in them.

Its sounding like 17.3 will be released just a few weeks before a18 now... or are you going to push a18 back a bit to get it more in line with what you hope to build on?

... and that air bombing Gyrocopter yt video was brilliant, and really needs to be a thing.

We've extracted enough Roland out of these forums to replicate him in an AI, so he will live on forever.

so the AI understands Quantum Realm mechanics? is there a "Hank Pym" Zombie working in that Tower House dungeon/lab working on a Zombie Pym Particle (aka Zym Particle)?

Have some idea for new shock batton )

I'm thinking you use up a whole car battery to craft it initially. Its not a firearm its a melee weapon so it cannot use ammo. We still need to finalize the design though.

Joel, have some idea for your shock batton )

If you look at the picture, then under the handle of the baton you can see the lever.

Is this a lever with which you can charge our baton a little using a dynamo machine (a few clicks of the "R" button)?

Or is it just a switch with which we will turn on the baton at the moment of impact?

It would be cool if we needed to place this baton in a bank of accumulators for some time, for full infection, and use it as ordinary batteries.

That is, this club could work as a normal battery in a battery bank, accepting and giving energy, but if necessary it could be taken and used as a melee weapon)

Alternatively, the baton could be recharged for one blow using the dynamo machine (lever under the handle), or put it for a while in the bank with a battery and fully charged for 15-30 or 100 strokes (depending on the quality of the baton).

What do you think about this? )

D3qwgg1UEAAjtI7?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

D3qwh1DUwAAVsAf?format=jpg&name=large

Oooooooo that sounds so awesome mate it also opens the room for modders to have all sorts of new custom items.

Joel, have some idea for your shock batton )

If you look at the picture, then under the handle of the baton you can see the lever.

Is this a lever with which you can charge our baton a little using a dynamo machine (a few clicks of the "R" button)?

Or is it just a switch with which we will turn on the baton at the moment of impact?

It would be cool if we needed to place this baton in a bank of accumulators for some time, for full infection, and use it as ordinary batteries.

That is, this club could work as a normal battery in a battery bank, accepting and giving energy, but if necessary it could be taken and used as a melee weapon)

Alternatively, the baton could be recharged for one blow using the dynamo machine (lever under the handle), or put it for a while in the bank with a battery and fully charged for 15-30 or 100 strokes (depending on the quality of the baton).

What do you think about this? )

D3qwgg1UEAAjtI7?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

D3qwh1DUwAAVsAf?format=jpg&name=large

I don't do walls of text, even if they come in paragraphs. I did read it, but I didn't really deduct much of a question and everything you talked about is either in flux at the design table or too far into the future to consider.

So if there are only 12 Bugs left will we get a Stable A17.3 or A17.3XP?

Madmole, you admitted the guy in charge of a17 was a mistake, and while you see all the a18 improvements, we are all still living with those mistakes... so of course we are still mired in them.

Is this some sort of out of season april fools joke?

Bc this is ALL I ever wanted to hear... but I never got this from ANYONE in the team. So are you just making things up?

Hey Madmole, first thanks for the fantastic game. If this discussion is considered off-topic from the thread or forum I apologize.

I know it has been stated that 72D is focused on the single player experience which I fully appreciate. Is there anything we can do to change your mind on this? My group loves PvP playing which I fully understand makes me in the relative minority, but I feel the game could be an incredible experience in this niche. Again this is no way a criticism but more of testing the waters on your feelings on the subject.

Any consideration to:

Reviewing the netcode of the current engine to better compensate latency, vehicle rubber banding and higher player count?

Reviewing the resource footprint of mass numbers of zombie instances?

Addressing the draw distances of objects and other players to fully take advantage of scope dynamics?

Possibly adding newer zombie type/classes that are rare for late game appearances and possibly base destruction purposes.

Again, I know your resources are limited and your interest for the game are probably elsewhere but I feel a possible one release focus on multiplayer may open up the game to another segment of game players. I know the single player guys are rolling their eyes and saying *cough* RUST *cough* and I don't want to take anything away from those groups. I totally get it.

So is this something the fun pimps would ever reconsider or is state of multiplayer most likely going to stay the same?

Thanks!

OH NO!!!! You FOOLS.. Now anyone who disrespects THE Roland will log in the next day with only "Hello Kitty Cotton Candy Island Adventure" on their hard drives. !! Skynet would have been Kinder.. <lol>

Archived