Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

RWG :

I think it’s the edge of map but seeing large bodies of water but flashes on and off oddly in the distance.

Any chance for tunnels or caves just to add a danger element for for running blindly etc ? Loved in past alpha’s where you could possibly run and drop into a cavern very scary haha.

@TFP I have noticed that the first point we use on archery or tools or any of those handheld items including clothes. , well the 1 point we use on them is useless because it says craft faulty whatever etc... so then we spend 1 point on those skills and you do not craft better items because crafting faulty items is already your baseline so i think points are being wasted for no reason.

Using the spear made me want it to be able to do a traditional power attack instead of a throw. Maybe give more uses for the 'R'eload key for melee weapons?

Oh and my experience with a Perception build has been fun so far. Even though it took like 10 in-game days to finally find a hunting rifle. Dunno if the Scavenging perk is over-tuned or something, but with 4 points in it so do I start finding purples somewhat regularly at level 20.

Now if I could mod the hunting rifle into using clips instead of loading one bullet at a time...

I debugged origin changes and vehicle position and see no problems with it. Entity position value is in world coordinates, so is not effected by the origin. Local/transform positions are all changed together, so nothing out of sync there. The fix for now is to not shoot the vehicle into the sky so quickly, so that the ground can load, collider enable or whatever is going on.

Thanks for looking into it. In case you didn't spot it here is the Bug Report with the log content, which lead me to believe that the origin change is the trigger:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?128754-A18-b143-EXP-bug-reporting-thread&p=1036307&viewfull=1#post1036307

Were you debugging it SP or as a client against a dedi server?

Are the "in ground" checks performed on a different thread to the one that's changing the origin?

Any plans to add Feral Irradiated Demolishers? That have 2x health and 2x explosion radius and dmg?

Have you ever fought a demolisher yourself? He has 1000 HP, an armor that absorbs 40% of the damage and does an explosion damage of 5000 in a radius of 5 blocks.

Yesterday I did a little research about the AI with a killtower base design against a gamestage 250 Horde and had about 8 or 10 demolishers during the horde. The base was made of steel and reinforced concrete. 2 explosions were enough to destroy the concrete completely. The next morning I had a huge hole in the base.

And so by the way, that was just on the default difficulty. I don't want to imagine what a demolisher can do with higher difficulty settings and you want a feral version ?

I doubt it cos then they will have to wipe all the prefab maps.

Why would they have to change the poi's. POI stays the same. Farm plot stays at POI. You can no longer shovel it up. Simple change. There is no doubt. It's already done, we just don't have that version yet. We will soon.

Why would they have to change the poi's. POI stays the same. Farm plot stays at POI. You can no longer shovel it up. Simple change. There is no doubt. It's already done, we just don't have that version yet. We will soon.

This ∆ I think we will be getting some resources back, not all, and definitely not the block.

Not in the version coming, that was OP and an oversight, I didn't even know you could do that.

I am okay if you nerf that farm plot cannot be picked from POI, but I do want them to be pickable from our base at least so we can decorate it differently. Also, I suggest to make need of rotten meat to 5 instead of 10. I know we can find lot of dead body, but in multiple player server they often get ripped quickly.

Also, is there any way we can convert Meat to Rotten meat? I mean just spread a Nitrate on eatable meat to make it rotten. sounds good to me.

MM are we suppose to be able to use the auger to collect a bunch of materials from cars? I was curious since and used the auger instead of a wrench and I got more with the auger than wrench same when I used it to tear apart fridges and other stuff we would normally use a wrench for and I ended up with a decent amount of items and it was crazy fast since I was using the auger instead of a wrench.

Nope.

Same thing with a pickaxe (didn't try other tools) to dismantle workstations. Radiators too don't need a wrench to be harvested.

Why would they have to change the poi's.

Because the plots in the POIs are the "bug" not that you can pick up plots in general. Sure it is more work to rework the POIs but a proper solution is always more work than a quick fix with a ton of collateral damage.

1st horde night on our mp server, and I'm on top of the old firehouse. 39 minutes before I eat a hard boiled egg because the wife cooked them all and we have no food other than them at all, and I'm starving. And I get the $hit$. GREAT.

I eat all the rest of them because I can't get any sicker, and bicycle over to the firehouse. A vulture was following, but lost interest.

I take out the dumpster in back so they can't get up the ladder, and scramble to the top.

The horde hits the back of the building where the dumpster is, and we can't get a shot.

My health is going down from the $hit$ and lack of food. I head up to the top to get a bead on them from the larger roof, the vulture regains hos interest, hits me from the back, and knocks me onto the ground!

No way to get back up, the horde is RIGHT on top of me, I have the $hit$ AND now a broken leg.

4 deaths in my 53 day sp, and now 3 on day 8 in our mp, and my wife has none.

Fun fact: Gps IS still a thing if you die on horde night.. they home in on you just like normal even if you don't engage. (I posted a formal bug report about it.) I suspect it because I was in a group and my wife was still defending.

That was pretty funny though!

Some little touches I love in A18 that set the mood.

Flies at certain Dumpsters, small thing but highlight the decay in the world. (need more flies) :)

Zombies emerging from the water (sounds fx as well) kind of a scene from a zombie film I forget the name....

This game needs more gore set about the world, like hanged zombies or heads on pikes etc....

Also as there lots of easy ways to get fresh meat, you should make it that we have to store it in coolers, (thats behind a perk or book) else it becomes rotten meat....

DAMN IT NOW IM SPREADING MY IDEAS!

water zombies!

drowned fisherman: he can sleep in the water and he is as tanky as a lumberjack and he's kinda fat, but not from eating. his stomach is full of mud and he can blind you with it but doesn't do much damage!

feral mudman: this zombie walks like the spider zombie and he looks like a feral but hes covered in mud. he runs very quick in the water and like to lurk around the banks of rivers and jump out and stun you!

rooted walker: this zombie very skeletal but still has some flesh on his bones but this zombie has plants growing out of him like mushrooms , poison ivy and thorn bushes! so if he attacks you he lowers your max health due to the ivy and he can use the plants as camo!

Thanks for answering my post from before ^_^ One more quick question, I assume the patch notes for the recent update on Steam haven't been released yet? I got an update for Alpha 18 experimental, but despite searching, I can't find a peep on it; It was 1.6 GB in size, this update. If you have a link to the patch notes I'd appreciate it, if not it's cool.

also i got a idea for the work bench!

when you scrap a weapon , armor or anything like that. it takes more time but you get more stuff from it like more parts , scarp , iron and more from what the item was made of.

cuz to me it makes sense to me cuz you can probably dismantle something easier on a workbench with tools then your bare hands

also i got a idea for the work bench!

when you scrap a weapon , armor or anything like that. it takes more time but you get more stuff from it like more parts , scarp , iron and more from what the item was made of.

cuz to me it makes sense to me cuz you can probably dismantle something easier on a workbench with tools then your bare hands

The problem I see with that, is that the Workbench already gives you the benefit of not having to be there, tying up your own crafting queue, and that's already a big benefit.

I've thrown stuff into the workbench that I could have crafted, just simply because it was going to take a while, and I didn't want to hang around while it was getting done.

The bench would be OP I reckon if it also gave you bonus resources.

The problem I see with that, is that the Workbench already gives you the benefit of not having to be there, tying up your own crafting queue, and that's already a big benefit.

I've thrown stuff into the workbench that I could have crafted, just simply because it was going to take a while, and I didn't want to hang around while it was getting done.

The bench would be OP I reckon if it also gave you bonus resources.

its would be based of of level , perks and durability plus its only affects melee weapons , guns/bows and armor

say you got a AK and its level 2 and its half quantity. you "could" get more parts like 1 extra then you can get some iron , springs and plastic like 3 forged iron , 5 springs and 7 pollys!

Archived