madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

@MM

just reposting question since it seem like you missed it

regarding the farm plot changing. Is that just the farm plot already exist in the world not going to drop when you dig them or the one you make too?

I tend to upgrade my base and move them around if needed. It cost a hell lot of resource to make and it would be suck if you destroy them instead of getting them back. Maybe treat it like wild workstation, you can't harvest it, but if you own it, you can move it.

horde night is done... max alive is 24. finished horde at 255am. restarted with 32 max alive. no demolisher. I'm kinda dissapointed. day 49 horde I will do with 32 max alive. I won't lie at game stage 139 and nomad difficulty I expected the demolisher to show up.

I think maybe he should show up a bit earlier. no clue what gamestage he shows up but if I don't see him at a 145+ game stage for day 49 horde I feel it should be considered to lower when he shows up.

You young bucks realize this isnt Twitter right? @ doesn't work on a forum, even if you use fancy color text.

To be fair it does work in the sense that it makes it easier for a developer to scroll through posts and spot one that's directed specifically at them. Whether they respond to it or not is different.

@MM

regarding the farm plot changing. Is that just the farm plot already exist in the world not going to drop when you dig them or the one you make too?

I tend to upgrade my base and move them around if needed. It cost a hell lot of resource to make and it would be suck if you destroy them instead of getting them back. Maybe treat it like wild workstation, you can't harvest it, but if you own it, you can move it.

Farm Plot can be dig to pickup, some POI has farm plot you can dig them using shovel and you get them in your inventory as well. You cannot Pick like Forge, but you can always dig and place somewhere else. So make once use anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

You young bucks realize this isnt Twitter right? @ doesn't work on a forum, even if you use fancy color text.

They not necessarily using it to make work like twitter, but to attract staff members and highlight their post.

@MM

You just pick them up with a shovel like a dirt block. You can also find lots of farm plots in the worlds ( new big barracks POI, Grace the pig POI has lots of them - looks like a container full of dirt but they are farm plots..., some diners has them as a flower pots... ).

Islands are horrid game play as in it makes the game just like every other nearly. Go back to how it was before I say or have options of diff type maps to make everyone happy

You would rather drive into radiation in the dark, lose your bearings die and be unable to get your vehicle and gear back?

A BRIEF TOUR OF MY A18 BASE:

Behold! The structure itself! Isn't she a beauty? Started off from just a humble tower, but she has evolved and will continue to do so over the course of many blood moons! jyJtr6f.png

If the zombies somehow manage to penetrate the walls, they will have to contend with the Scissor Corridor - 6 blade traps turning in unison. Beforehand, I'll cut through them (pun not intended), pass through the twin vault doors (one behind the other), shut them tight, and then and only when will I call upon these vanguards to protect my inner sanctum.1NC82T7.png

Meanwhile, I'll be able to reign bullets and grenades down on them from above. :D Two hatches are located above the Scissor Corridor, allowing me to repair my blade traps.G5eBWKt.png

Looks like your having fun.

@MM

You'll have to make new ones. You get some resources back for shoveling it.

horde night is done... max alive is 24. finished horde at 255am. restarted with 32 max alive. no demolisher. I'm kinda dissapointed. day 49 horde I will do with 32 max alive. I won't lie at game stage 139 and nomad difficulty I expected the demolisher to show up.

I think maybe he should show up a bit earlier. no clue what gamestage he shows up but if I don't see him at a 145+ game stage for day 49 horde I feel it should be considered to lower when he shows up.

Its random not guaranteed.

You just pick them up with a shovel like a dirt block. You can also find lots of farm plots in the worlds ( new big barracks POI, Grace the pig POI has lots of them - looks like a container full of dirt but they are farm plots..., some diners has them as a flower pots... ).

Not in the version coming, that was OP and an oversight, I didn't even know you could do that.

None of the clothing we have looted have had any mod slots.

I thought the same thing and realized I kept trying to find the mod slot while I was wearing the clothing. It doesn't show up. Be sure that the clothing you are trying to put a mod in is not being worn. Hopefully this is your issue and not a bug....

20191015005750-1.jpg20191015005757-1.jpg

Awesome me too.

Glad to hear it. :-) A18 is the first version I think, where I really feel like I can see TFP's vision coming together.

A18 didn't just beat my previous favourite version on one aspect here or there, but all of 'em. There's some tuning to be done by the looks of it (loot is very abundant for example, ore veins perhaps too easy to find), but every major aspect of gameplay that draws me to the game - mining, combat, progression choices, base building, exploration, farming, looting - is better in A18 than it is in any prior version, singularly or all together.

It even knocked out A11 for mining-with-caves for me.

Archived