Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

We'd have to link the recipe to a new block that can be shoveled so the POI ones cannot be shoveled. You can't pick up your concrete, and its arguably kind of expensive to make.

i think then the crafted version should be treated as a new block, concrete is different as it hardens and you can't or wouldn't be able to easily move that but a box of dirt should be something you can move easily enough

I do love all of those recipes and schematics, especially the books though. Although the weapon crafting ones idk, kinda seems like by time you can read one that you're not perked into crafting a level 1 of that gun is rather pointless, both to use and to sell. Perhaps in some way - by reading one - you can have a chance at learning the next tier of level to craft? Not the perk, just the ability to craft a higher level.

Very true, it's mostly a loot clutter for no real value.

Yes. Don't those quests send you to a spot then they all spawn?

Not always. Several are just kill them whereever you find them quests.

- - - Updated - - -

I may have found a nasty bug with torches creating more heat than forges and campfires.

That would explain all the screamers we have been seeing.

I rarely see them and I run around at night all the time. I will just out run them but I don't wear armor and buy one rank of cardio, and never let me stamina drop below 50 so I can sprint to get distance, crouch and then sneak away because all they will go to where I was not where I am. Then I can just creep off or throw a rock to get them out of my way.

I have had them spawn a lot around me during my early test games. Usually testing certain ways of playing so a lot of time I just have a ♥♥♥♥ty spear and they move so glitchy I can hardly hit them with it and I die, test over lel.

I mean when I am serious I never die, but it is so boring to level to test the next build, and I do not like using cheats. So I try and power through some quests and then just build a lot, because building seems like superior exp now.

The problem is that I am not finding the weapons I want to test, so I just have crap, so I do not want to do the fetch quests, because when I do, a mountain lion spawns, or a ninja feral black wolf spawns on me inside the house lol. Not sure what is up with that heh... it was a tier 1 or 2 fetch quest.

My lucky looter builds have the worst weapon luck of all. Lucky looter is almost maxed and after a while I finally found a 1 grade hunting rifle with only 14 rounds lol.

Trying to figure out a build I like for early game that does not bore me while I am trying to level.

Do not get me wrong, the game is really fun, it is a me issue with trying to rush to test builds with very little IRL time to play.

Fortitude Qol perks and a spear build have been my most fun so far.

I think I found the build the build that will get me playing the way I want to play, and that is archery. Good ranged damage and cheap ammo. I thought I might like a turret build, but have been unable to test it so far lol.

Day 21 Horde Night last night. MP server, pretty vanilla setup. 8 MaxAlive, Adventurer (default) difficulty, but we're on 120-minute days. There were 5 of us, ranging from 36 to 56 (mostly 50s) for GameStage, so computed GS was 149. We'd converted one of the antenna farms into a base. Lots of spikes, some barbed wire.

We were NOT prepared.

The Radiateds started showing up on the second wave, and the waves were 207 count, with 47 MaxAlive for the party. They did NOT make it to the building, but I think that was thanks in part to two of us actually having pretty nicely modded Junk Turrets in play with points in Turrets Syndrome. We went through well over 700 7.62mm and nearly 1800 9mm, as well as grenades, pipe bombs, and a whole lot of spikes. Was great fun. Horde was over around midnight, but given that we're playing double-length, not too shabby.

This time though, I want to build a bunker that's a bit better suited and get more barbed wire, less spikes. Problem is one of us stayed on after everyone else last night and ran a lot of the next game day or two out. We'll see; that's one of the reasons we run 120-minute days.

Day 21 Horde Night last night. MP server, pretty vanilla setup. 8 MaxAlive, Adventurer (default) difficulty, but we're on 120-minute days. There were 5 of us, ranging from 36 to 56 (mostly 50s) for GameStage, so computed GS was 149. We'd converted one of the antenna farms into a base. Lots of spikes, some barbed wire.

We were NOT prepared.

The Radiateds started showing up on the second wave, and the waves were 207 count, with 47 MaxAlive for the party. They did NOT make it to the building, but I think that was thanks in part to two of us actually having pretty nicely modded Junk Turrets in play with points in Turrets Syndrome. We went through well over 700 7.62mm and nearly 1800 9mm, as well as grenades, pipe bombs, and a whole lot of spikes. Was great fun. Horde was over around midnight, but given that we're playing double-length, not too shabby.

This time though, I want to build a bunker that's a bit better suited and get more barbed wire, less spikes. Problem is one of us stayed on after everyone else last night and ran a lot of the next game day or two out. We'll see; that's one of the reasons we run 120-minute days.

damn that sounds fun. wish my PC can run it lol

@TFP I have noticed that the first point we use on archery or tools or any of those handheld items including clothes. , well the 1 point we use on them is useless because it says craft faulty whatever etc... so then we spend 1 point on those skills and you do not craft better items because crafting faulty items is already your baseline so i think points are being wasted for no reason.

They aren't wasted crafting is a small part of the perks function. That said rank 1 will get you orange in the next update or two.

It be an epic death. Drowning was like so yesterdays way of dying lol.. No I just don't like islands.

Its easy not to drown, that is a choice. Driving into a radiated space at night? Not so much until we get invisible walls to block players or something.

Is there any plans to adjust vehicles speed or introduce mods that speed them up and let them go up hills better? Aside from the storage the speed changes are a bit underwhelming and its kinda funny that I can drink a megacrush and outrun someone on a motorcycle.

Anyone tried a stealth build? I've put 3 points into From The Shadows, I'm wearing leather hood, leather chest armor and leather gloves, no flashlight, crouching, i inch forwards in pois and I consistently wake up everything in the room.

Armor is your enemy. Put the muffled connectors in or wear cloth.

I totally butchered the fun of it and posted the wrong image that had the word pumpkin in it, I wanted people guessing a bit.

It made my day, lame I know but every year I try to grow them irl and they never produce fruit. All my vines already died too. Got some honeydew though.

Its easy not to drown, that is a choice. Driving into a radiated space at night? Not so much until we get invisible walls to block players or something.

You already have those. I ran into one on a motorcycle the other day and went 2000 feet into the sky straight up. Just make it a feature where this happens if you hit the end of the world. Then you at least know where to find your bag!

Bicycling along roads in the desert during the day I frequently get a kamikaze vulture out of seemingly nowhere. Always attacks right away. My health doesn't matter, has happened at 100% more often than while slightly wounded. Is this working as intended?

Bicycling along roads in the desert during the day I frequently get a kamikaze vulture out of seemingly nowhere. Always attacks right away. My health doesn't matter, has happened at 100% more often than while slightly wounded. Is this working as intended?

I had meant to ask about that too. I thought vultures only attack when your wounded but i've been attacked at full health as well

Because the plots in the POIs are the "bug" not that you can pick up plots in general. Sure it is more work to rework the POIs but a proper solution is always more work than a quick fix with a ton of collateral damage.

I got tired of reading about this, went to fix it, and Gazz must have done it already. FarmPlotPlayer will drop a farm plot when destroyed.

1st horde night on our mp server, and I'm on top of the old firehouse. 39 minutes before I eat a hard boiled egg because the wife cooked them all and we have no food other than them at all, and I'm starving. And I get the $hit$. GREAT.

I eat all the rest of them because I can't get any sicker, and bicycle over to the firehouse. A vulture was following, but lost interest.

I take out the dumpster in back so they can't get up the ladder, and scramble to the top.

The horde hits the back of the building where the dumpster is, and we can't get a shot.

My health is going down from the $hit$ and lack of food. I head up to the top to get a bead on them from the larger roof, the vulture regains hos interest, hits me from the back, and knocks me onto the ground!

No way to get back up, the horde is RIGHT on top of me, I have the $hit$ AND now a broken leg.

4 deaths in my 53 day sp, and now 3 on day 8 in our mp, and my wife has none.

Fun fact: Gps IS still a thing if you die on horde night.. they home in on you just like normal even if you don't engage. (I posted a formal bug report about it.) I suspect it because I was in a group and my wife was still defending.

That was pretty funny though!

Did you attack them? If you re-engage by attacking anything even a rabbit the horde will smell that blood and come for you.

Petition to move Master Chef perk to Fortitude. In exchange, Fortitude is willing to give Strength the Huntsman perk.

Thank you for your consideration TFP.

X Omegarte

Perception guy fights at a great distance and doesn't need healing.

Strength fights up close and has food for healing, and needs maximum energy for mining and sledgehammering.

Fortitude fights up close and has armor and natural health regen, so he is good to go health wise.

Agility avoids direct conflict with stealth and ranged combat, or sneaky kills with blades, so he doesn't need healing.

Int heals with medical abilities.

If we move cooking to Fortitude, the Strength guy is hosed and has no means to heal or feed himself as he uses more stamina than any other build by far so that is why it is where it is.

Archived