Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Perception guy fights at a great distance and doesn't need healing.

Strength fights up close and has food for healing, and needs maximum energy for mining and sledgehammering.

Fortitude fights up close and has armor and natural health regen, so he is good to go health wise.

Agility avoids direct conflict with stealth and ranged combat, or sneaky kills with blades, so he doesn't need healing.

Int heals with medical abilities.

If we move cooking to Fortitude, the Strength guy is hosed and has no means to heal or feed himself as he uses more stamina than any other build by far so that is why it is where it is.

i was going to wright something like that but i scraped it.

also poor strength he's starving :(

- - - Updated - - -

See my previous post and if you don't change your mind you aren't thinking clearly.

i already know i dont think clearly

thank you very much! ;D

-------------------------------------------------

but now i kinda understand why its there

unfortunately it is not working as intended as everytime I am augering I get a screamer within 1 or 2 minutes. Idc but everyone keeps saying just hold down trigger and i do that yet the screamers come so Idk what is going on with that.

Maybe you already made a bunch of heat.

They aren't wasted crafting is a small part of the perks function. That said rank 1 will get you orange in the next update or two.

Firstly, this is awesome! Thank you for the change. Secondly, if that means you can craft L6 items again with full points into the perk, that is even more incredible. Here's hoping that is the case! I truly love the direction the game is going in, and all the changes have made the game immensely better (technical issues aside). Fixing the disparity between looting and crafting would be a terrific addition.

Strength fights up close and has food for healing, and needs maximum energy for mining and sledgehammering.

Fortitude fights up close and has armor and natural health regen, so he is good to go health wise.

Agility avoids direct conflict with stealth and ranged combat, or sneaky kills with blades, so he doesn't need healing.

If we move cooking to Fortitude, the Strength guy is hosed and has no means to heal or feed himself as he uses more stamina than any other build by far so that is why it is where it is.

I agree with all of this. Curious though, does anyone on the staff think it would make sense to move Hunstman to Agility, seeing as how they have no "harvest" perk, and are already specialized into blades? I'm fine with whatever the answer is, but I personally feel it would make sense to move this one perk.

I had posted about this before that cooking didnt feel right right in strength, but when you explain it this way it makes you look like you might have know what you were doing when you put it there! :D

unfortunately it is not working as intended as everytime I am augering I get a screamer within 1 or 2 minutes. Idc but everyone keeps saying just hold down trigger and i do that yet the screamers come so Idk what is going on with that.

I don't know if it's still the same in alpha 18, but I tested it in alpha 17.

When I mine iron and keep the button pressed, the screamers come. Not with other material. I guess it's the hits on the iron that raise the heat, not the auger itself.

Because god forbid you die in an apocalyptic survival game.

Cheap deaths are stupid, does everyone agree? You are driving full speed at night, start taking radiation damage, don't know which way is out, die, your 60,000 duke jeep and all your modded gear is lost there forever. You think that is cool? I'm hardcore, but that is just a bad design, so we made an island for now, at least its a choice to die.

Idk honestly I'll have to do more testing.

Did you see my updated post about the wall safe, gun safe, reinforced chest, and hardened reinforced chest loot container party bug. its on page 2227.

I don't know if it's still the same in alpha 18, but I tested it in alpha 17.

When I mine iron and keep the button pressed, the screamers come. Not with other material. I guess it's the hits on the iron that raise the heat, not the auger itself.

its on any mineral i think. They make a clanking sound so more sound over dirt/rock, plus in theory (maybe? idk lol) metal on metal generates more heat than metal on soil or metal on stone irl

Cheap deaths are stupid, does everyone agree? You are driving full speed at night, start taking radiation damage, don't know which way is out, die, your 60,000 duke jeep and all your modded gear is lost there forever. You think that is cool? I'm hardcore, but that is just a bad design, so we made an island for now, at least its a choice to die.

I personally love the Island RWG design!! Don't change just add polish and rivers and bridges!!

Nah, this guy is right about screamers. I run augers non stop in mines away from main base and get probably 6-8 per gas tank reload. Last time they couldnt find their way down so when I popped out of the mine shortly after there were 10+ sitting out there waiting on my ass. That was exciting

Say madmole...

Will you be adding more book sets ?

I love looting for them and of course my greedy nature would love more more more.

download.png

They making my looting really fun trying to collect them all... (bit like pokemons)

I'd like to do books on spears, brawling, junk turrets and stun batons unless baseball books applied to them.

Am I missing anything else?

I personally love the Island RWG design!! Don't change just add polish and rivers and bridges!!

yes then i can build my bridge base and act like i keep people in!

but i cant cuz i play alone

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like to do books on spears, brawling, junk turrets and stun batons unless baseball books applied to them.

Grenade/bombs , sledge hammers...... that's it i think unless you count shovels and claw hammers , and wrench as a weapons

Plz add my football book idea and more makeshift weapons!!

Bicycling along roads in the desert during the day I frequently get a kamikaze vulture out of seemingly nowhere. Always attacks right away. My health doesn't matter, has happened at 100% more often than while slightly wounded. Is this working as intended?

Vultures attacking people in vehicles is intended game mechanic.

Idk honestly I'll have to do more testing.

Did you see my updated post about the wall safe, gun safe, reinforced chest, and hardened reinforced chest loot container party bug. its on page 2227.

I had something similar. Was in a party and I was doing a quest in the shotgun factory. The rest of the guys came up and helped me finish it. I had the guy with LL 5 and googles open up the final chest and every single item was level 1. We had also cleared the factory once before in a party just to clear it in general. But we actually got good loot the first time. Not sure if that played into it at all.

Pimp your ride, volume 1 to 3, learn how to make vehicles look cooler, and also drive a bit faster.

edit: At least faster, or more damage to the enviroment. Make them look cooler is kinda difficult, given their current look.

@MM

This post may be a little long but its critical. I posted a few days ago about a potential bug when looting certain loot containers. The issue; when you loot a wall safe, a gun safe, reinforced chest, and hardened reinforced chest, you only get T1 gear (Guns, armor, tools, or anything with a Tier value) regardless of what your Lucky Looter or loot bonus is. I did some testing last night and I have been able to localize it and repeat it with predictability.

When I am in a party with friends the bug happens. we are both within a lvl or two and GS is at 160ish for each of us. My friend has Max LL and has Lucky Googles equipped as well. I on the other hand have 0 points into LL and I am using Nerdy Glasses. I got on like 3 hours before my friend did and was out looting when I noticed I was getting various tier lvls of gear from the aforementioned loot containers. When my friend finally logged in we partied up and immediately I started only getting T1 loot from those specific loot containers only(as well as he did). 100% of the time we were looting those specific loot containers while in a party we only got T1 gear. So i would clear a POI drop party and loot and get varied tier quality items. I would rejoin the party and loot a new POI while in that party and sure enough, BOOM T1 loot.

In Conclusion when in a party you only get T1 loot from wall safes, a gun safes, reinforced chests, and hardened reinforced chests. I have tested it. I am at work today when I get home I will make a video showcasing the bug and will post a link to it here. Possible issue may be the LL bonus while in party is disabled? idk?

We'll check it out.

Archived