Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

If I am not mistaken, I believe MM has implied that with A18 they are getting close to not adding much more content. Bandits and water are going to be a couple very heavy 'lifts'. Anything else they add means they have to worry about using resources (code, people, time, etc.) on making sure those things work - as opposed to bandits and water, etc.

true

I love to look for cooking pots in the burnt forest. When I start new game I head there and search for those 'corner of a building' ruins, they are everywhere, there is often a kitchen stove with a cooking pot/grill. And no sleepers so it is rather safe (apart from vultures).

Those aren't a thing any more. I mean they are but its not so guaranteed like before. I just loot houses and find one usually on day 1 or 2 in a rare game.

new fps issue, it minor~ish but if you're crafting something and have the inventory open up, every time an item is crafted, you lost 30 fps. it doesn't matter if you have the item already or not, every "count" give a spike.

edit: correction, if you have several stack of something in the thousands, any item update while in the inventory give a lag spike.

Hitting grass with a club or spear yields no plant fiber nor wood from the branchy shrubs. Is this a bug or intended?

Does getting wet do something again, or still in the works?

I noticed the destruction "bonus" is still in place. Does this have "feature" status now (hoping), or is it still considered a bug?

You should get destruction drops with any weapon, but not harvest events, such as parts from a car.

I was running 17.4 on GTX 760 with med/high settings 2560x1440 34-45fps. Alpha 18 laughed at me and called me a scrub even at minimum settings 1920x1080. So I literally went out and bought a RTX 2070 super ($600.00 /w tax) the day it released and now I'm running max settings 4k and rarely dropping below 60 fps.

I may starve to death in real life, but I'll be well fed in game. :p

#DigitalSurvivor #HungryIRL...😅

Yes they are fixed.

This is good news. Are interrupt animations being added by any chance to simulate a hit after overswing?

Re: power swings hitting multiple targets being OP, they could be gated by perks on how many you can hit at once(max of 3 or 4?) and each hit takes a little more stamina away. I believe bigger more chunkier melee weapons should get a the chance to multi hit through targets and knock them all down and middle ground weapons would only stun, so the sledge, baseball bat, maybe the iron club ect and things like the knife could be thrown. This would balance the fact of using these weapons as crowd controllers especially in the late game and make melee viable against always using guns. Guns could agro zombies more in an area of effect so wanting to use melee weapons is more balanced.

The power swing could be so much fun and varied. Its made the spear throwable, it could make the sledge a multi killing beast and countless other individual traits to each weapon could be fleshed out to want to use that weapon for a specific reason.

Edit: if interrupt animations are added it would negate hitting multiple targets(unless you specifically want it to as a feature) and would give the hitting feedback players desire.

Noob question here: do battery tiers matter when making vehicles or tools/machines? I would assume that only affects battery banks but figured I'd ask before commiting since you can't remove them from vehicles anymore.

Nope, use the crappiest ones you can find.

I been lucky in my recent game and I have tons of food. Tins a plenty, then wolves and pigs showed up and one town alone has provided over 150 meat.

Day 9 and not been sick once yet.

I may be fine for the next 30 days maybe beyond not sure... :)

Careful, the game is good at pulling you into a false sense of security and then BAM. 😅

- - - Updated - - -

I just got a stiffy

As long as you dont start swinging it around like the new animation then we are good lol.

Fun Pimps, you trolls. :p I legit thought this was a trader on the edge of town, until I got a good look at it. (Note: I took this several in-game days ago.)

UNYndLN.jpg

Some of the weapon dyes need another pass. Some colors are hard to see or weird like the rifle.

Glad you are enjoying it, give disabling AF a try it seems to double fps for most people.

Done. It appears to work up to some degree. I disabled everything from my Graphics card settings. Fps definitely improved (5-15 fps more outside on average). It still has a lot of problems and some serious drops because of those high resolution terrain textures and shader , but I can play less slow motion than before.

Antibiotics should also be a bit easier to find.

Nice review, was enjoyable to read. Fyi, antibiotics in numerous forms are really easy to get if you do some simple 'buried treasure' missions. You can be lucky and get 2-3 missions in a day, and over a couple of days you can get a nice stockpile of meds of all sorts.

hi all

has anyone put together a summary of what to do to try and improve fps?

i see bit and pieces scattered thru the thread but tbh, i dont understand what they mean or where to set them

af forced off?

Texture Filtering Anisotropic Sample Optimization "ON"?

i cant see these in the options.

after googling i see they are nvidia card settings.

i dont even know how to see even if i do have a card at all on this stupid win 10 os :-(

You should get destruction drops with any weapon, but not harvest events, such as parts from a car.

I noticed this earlier, destruction with any tool. I got an engine from a car with a pick axe. Are you saying this is a bug because it should be a wrench to harvest?

hi all

has anyone put together a summary of what to do to try and improve fps?

i see bit and pieces scattered thru the thread but tbh, i dont understand what they mean or where to set them

af forced off?

Texture Filtering Anisotropic Sample Optimization "ON"?

i cant see these in the options.

after googling i see they are nvidia card settings.

i dont even know how to see even if i do have a card at all on this stupid win 10 os :-(

Hey NukemDed: Got a couple things you might be able to use.

WINDOWS 10 Computer

1: Seeing what you have - About OS

Go to Start (or hit the [Windows] key)

type 'About' and hit [Enter]

..(or select the gear icon and then select 'About')

..You should have general pc info.

..You can also select 'Display' in here to see some general display info.

(now close these window(s)...)

2. Getting your display adapter info

Go to Start (or hit the [Windows] key)

Type 'Device' and then select 'Device Manager'

..Inside Device Manager now select (double click usually) Display Adapters

..You should now see what kind of video card(s) you have.

(now close these window(s)...)

3. Adjusting NVidia Antisotropic Filtering:

IF you have an NVida card:

Right click your desktop. Hopefully you will see 'NVidia Control Panel'

..If you don't you might want to visit the NVidia site and install latest drivers, which should correct.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Select NVidia Control Panel

..Select 'Manage 3D settings'

....There is a 'Global Settings' and a 'Program settings' tab.

....You probably want to use the programs tab so settings for 7D2D don't muck up a different program.

....(or you could try changing the Global Settings cuz you don't care or it might help other apps...)

....Select the 'Programs settings' tab.

......It should now scan your system for various apps. Be patient.

......When it stops you should be able to select [Add]. (or you can try at various times...)

......Select '7 Days To Die'. (Usually right at top!)

........Now in the menu below (7D2D settings) Set 'Antisotropic filtering' to off.

........(you can play with values if you like.)

..........Make sure to hit [Apply] at bottom right!

Hope that helps!

(If you have problems with these instructions you could probably also Google something similar to my bullets that may have better or different instructions.)

Here in California the power company decided it was a good idea to start doing preemptive power shutoffs to prevent fires when it gets windy and dry. Of course they would threaten to shut it off for the first time this week. They said maybe last night, so I rejoiced when I awoke with power this morning, then to find out it might go off tonight...like in 15 min.....pray for me.......

Archived