Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Not sure if this is a bug, or intended. Is the cowboy hat mod a cosmetic, for altering the appearance, or is it supposed to be a mod because it adds insulation ?

If it has wheels in the icon, it is a mod, a cosmetic has a paint can in the icon.

If its a mod that makes your cap looking like a cowboy hat i guess it would/should be cosmetic then ?

The whole issue with the hardware specific performance problems makes me think of 7DtD to offer some kind of early graphics-test playground build.

You know, either a rolling demo (flyby of terrain and POIs). Or a simple level that does not allow full gameplay, but records performance statistics.

This way you can push out changes with shaders, assets and occlusion culling early, without making people get mad that expect a full playable game version.

"Test Sandbox" or so.

The easiest is probably to cut out any playerinput, and have a predetermined path flying the camera around the world.

There would be still a lot of people trying that out, wanting to see new graphical features, ad report any issues that crop up.

(Even in a well formated text listing the performance and hardware, that can be copied)

That is a lot of work just for experimental, lets not pretend the game is gold and breaking it or slow performance during times is unacceptable or something. Its part of EA. EA is sometimes playing a broken pile of trash WIP in case anyone forgot, especially during experimental. We don't intentionally have bugs like this, but it is what it is.

That is a lot of work just for experimental, lets not pretend the game is gold and breaking it or slow performance during times is unacceptable or something. Its part of EA. EA is sometimes playing a broken pile of trash WIP in case anyone forgot, especially during experimental. We don't intentionally have bugs like this, but it is what it is.

Appreciate the honestly MM.

i think you should make a jump scare that says "THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL" lol

Hey Joel

Previously in this thread you mentioned you were looking at redoing the food stamina situation in A19 because a lot of people found it confusing. Well, I just came across something pretty interesting that supports the idea that stamina and food should be decoupled.

Being a health nut, you might already know this, but fasting increases norephinphrine, so you actually get more energy as you fast.

Here's my source. It is a lecture from Dr Jason Fung. If you watch from about 1:02:00, he covers this in detail.

So with the current system (that you mentioned the other guy designed), as your food levels drop, so does your energy (represented by the stamina bar). This is the exact opposite of what actually happens. I know we're not trying to make a real life simulator, but I figured you would appreciate this given your interest in health and hormones.

Some people might experience more energy, others (most) might feel shaky, weak etc. It depends on your diet. People who eat a high carb diet will crash and pass out fasting, people who eat a low carb diet and higher fat diet will probably feel fine and have more energy. It depends if your body is used to burning fat for energy or not.

Anyhow we'll decide down the road what to do with it.

One that believes they could 'reasonably wonder' such a thing needs to try to appreciate the intricacies of software development a little more.

After my time in the Corps, I worked in software development as both a developer and QA analyst, collectively for a decade.. I know it pretty well.

How does the stamina bar and health bar work? I keep seeing mine turn black, reducing my overall stamina and health. The issue is, I keep eating and drinking. Food and water never get below 75, usually in the 80s to 90s. It seems odd that with food and water that high, it would start to go black. Also, once it goes black it seems like it is hard to get it back into "color".

How does the stamina bar and health bar work? I keep seeing mine turn black, reducing my overall stamina and health. The issue is, I keep eating and drinking. Food and water never get below 75, usually in the 80s to 90s. It seems odd that with food and water that high, it would start to go black. Also, once it goes black it seems like it is hard to get it back into "color".

i don't know about that but i don't understand the new fortuted system? cuz i leveled it twice and i have 117 Hp and Stamina. is that new?

- - - Updated - - -

I have no airdrops....

Thought I might have missed them, but there are no airdrop markers on the map.

Set Airdop frequency to once a day for testing. Then I entered debugmenu and rolled back time to 11:40am.

Still no plane on the horizon!?

i got air drops on my map?

You should have heard a barf sound. You got food poisoning. Take your vitamins or eat canned foods.

After already barfing twice, I've since learned that vitamins are the way to go early game. Good job finding a good use for them! I never really used them before.

I didn't said that anything was allowed or not, I always used the word SHOULD ("you should give useful information, feedback and bug reports to TFP") I never said "nobody is giving useful info!". Anyone can post anything, just wanted to clarify what exp branch is for some people to calm them down (not everyone knows, not one of my IRL friends knew what it was, so I though maybe by posting that I could help others).

Yeah I'm down to letting this go, it was just a misunderstanding caused by language barriers (From my part), and when people write stuff, not all can sense the tone of their intentions lol. It's all good man.

Now kiss to make up!

Hello Madmole,

Could we perhaps get a sound range update? M60 goes quiet after 90 meters and does not even have echo sound.

In xml we can squeeze 1000 meters with your AudioSource_Distant parameter, but could be nice to have more varied gunshot echos to use. Good for PvP and coop.

Feels bit awkward to see other guy shooting but not hearing a thing.

<SoundDataNode name="turret_fire"> <AudioSource name="Sounds/AudioSource_Distant"/> <NetworkAudioSource name="Sounds/AudioSource_Distant_Network"/>

<Noise ID="5" volume="120" time="2" heat_map_strength="0.3" heat_map_time="120"/>

<distantfadestart name="10"/><distantfadeend name="20"/>

<AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/Electricity/Turret/turret_fire1" DistantClip="Sounds/Weapons/Ranged/Pistol/pistol_d_fire1" DistantSource="Sounds/AudioSource_Distant"/>

<AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/Electricity/Turret/turret_fire2" DistantClip="Sounds/Weapons/Ranged/Pistol/pistol_d_fire2" DistantSource="Sounds/AudioSource_Distant"/>

<AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/Electricity/Turret/turret_fire3" DistantClip="Sounds/Weapons/Ranged/Pistol/pistol_d_fire3" DistantSource="Sounds/AudioSource_Distant"/>

<AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/Electricity/Turret/turret_fire4" DistantClip="Sounds/Weapons/Ranged/Pistol/pistol_d_fire4" DistantSource="Sounds/AudioSource_Distant"/>

<LocalCrouchVolumeScale value="1"/> <CrouchNoiseScale value="1"/> <NoiseScale value="1"/> <MaxVoices value="40"/> <MaxRepeatRate value="0.001"/> </SoundDataNode>

@madmole....I got the book that lets you walk on mines. It da bomb...well, in this case not da bomb😆 my favorite book so far. Looting is da bomb.

I could have used that one last night, one POI has land mine right on the main path, its getting fixed as we speak.

Archived