Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I actually thought a lot of people WERE providing useful feedback related to their FPS problems...people were coming in here and sharing various tips that might help narrow down the cause as well as offer temporary band-aids so they can get enough frames to test the actual gameplay. That's kinda the whole point of EXP isn't it? You're SUPPOSED to let them know you have a problem, now is the time.

It almost seems as though the people who happen to be lucky enough not to have any FPS issues are annoyed by those seeking help and tired of reading about it..Well, if that is the case..it says more about you then them.

Maybe I missed a snide comment or something in this thread - it's the internet..of course there's gonna be a few things said here and there..nothing's perfect..but I thought for the most part - the people in this thread were being rather cordial and helpful with each other. Until now...

Considering I've happened to talk about performance problems in this thread a few times in order to get the game working well enough so my family can play on our machines, I can't help but think that all you are pointing fingers at me..Well, don't let me pull you off your little horses..Just don't read what I write.

Besides..who put you in charge of moderating the discussions in this forum? Leave that to those who are actually responsible for doing it. If someone breaks a rule - it will get taken care of by them. They don't need you playing Barney Fife.

You write without knowing ♥♥♥♥.

I do have FPS problems too and already stated it, but enough is enough, you don't have to post 5 million times that you can't play, they said they're working on it, just be patient.

My rig is medium end, and I managed to play with 130fps with ultra settings (SSAO off) with Faatal's advide of turning anisotropic filtering off.

And nobody put me in charge of anything, I'm just trying to be helpful for those who don't understand what experimental branch is.

Have you done something useful in the forum lately? Or you just like to start drama?

I forget but you able to find or make telescopic eye pieces such a binoculars or telescopes so you can use to view far off POI ?

Would TFP think about re-meshing the door destruction models so when a door has holes in it you can then fire through those holes ?

(Times when a door is 90% demolished yet you fire and it still hits 'door model')

Thanks.

Can confirm that setting AF to 2x in NVIDIA control panel doubles frame rates outdoors in open spaces... went from 40 to 50 to 80 to 100 with gtx 1080 using ultra wide screen resolution, 2560x1080

With this change, this is the smoothest I have ever seen this game run.

Same here lol, went from 40fps to 120-130fps, I never thought the game would run above 60fps in alpha state, but I was certainly wrong. (And I like that I was wrong)

Have you done something useful in the forum lately? Or you just like to start drama?

Never wanted to enter this quarrel, but it seems I have to.

Doctor3D is very helpful to many people on these forums, unfortunately he doesn't post very often. And he does know shlt.

Neither I found his posts any dramatic, unlike this post of yours that I'm answering to.

I do have FPS problems too and already stated it, but enough is enough, you don't have to post 5 million times that you can't play, they said they're working on it, just be patient.

My rig is medium end, and I managed to play with 130fps with ultra settings (SSAO off) with Faatal's advide of turning anisotropic filtering off.

And nobody put me in charge of anything, I'm just trying to be helpful for those who don't understand what experimental branch is.

I don't want to argue with you, but your "FPS Boost" was not from Faatal's advice.. It was a result of all of us talking about graphics and performance. It was discovered by Q123 based on some advice I helped another person with...

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?111778-Alpha-18-Dev-Diary!!&p=1030634&viewfull=1#post1030634

So, you're welcome?

Not sure if this is a bug, or intended. Is the cowboy hat mod a cosmetic, for altering the appearance, or is it supposed to be a mod because it adds insulation ?

84A4B1B4B8C424D9249C5D24962C4ABFA7D2BF40

its suppose to work like that. say you want a baseball cap on you army helmet. it would only have the buffs of a army helmet but it would look like a baseball cap!

Not sure if this is a bug, or intended. Is the cowboy hat mod a cosmetic, for altering the appearance, or is it supposed to be a mod because it adds insulation ?

84A4B1B4B8C424D9249C5D24962C4ABFA7D2BF40

So i found out there is a cowboy hat and a cowboy hat MOD. 2 different items. ALSO can we PLEASE get it so if i scrap an item i get all the mods back? I scrapped i think 11 cloth items and didnt notice that almost all cloth item are white or black and have dye. Note: holy @$(% I have so much dye

Never wanted to enter this quarrel, but it seems I have to.

Doctor3D is very helpful to many people on these forums, unfortunately he doesn't post very often. And he does know shlt.

Neither I found his posts any dramatic, unlike this post of yours that I'm answering to.

Oh yes, I bet his post throwing ♥♥♥♥ to me was very helpful to you. I'm just defending my point of view.

One mroe Note:

@Madmole What about a shape menu for other block?

Like barbwire. It would all has the same height, durability etc, but different looks for us base builders? (Really want the spiral wall barbed wire)

Or just make it upgradable to steel and use that? The new army bases look fun to make for a temp base/main base in towns

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Spears are OP. You can just spam throw them (even @ no stamina) and mutilate zombies.

One mroe Note:

Like barbwire. It would all has the same height, durability etc, but different looks for us base builders? (Really want the spiral wall barbed wire)

Or just make it upgradable to steel and use that? The new army bases look fun to make for a temp base/main base in towns

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Spears are OP. You can just spam throw them (even @ no stamina) and mutilate zombies.

yes and some barbed wood spikes and steel spikes.

also i would like that too something like this

shutterstock_170934761.width-800.jpg

also fun pimps. THANK YOU FOR MAKING SANDBAGS CRAFTABLE!

- - - Updated - - -

Also does anyone know what happened to scrap metal blocks? cuz thats my favorite block!

MM

played about 60 hours so far on this version. not much sleep.

My first trader had everything except a mixer. I have had those going for a long time, the forge and the chem station plus cooking. in the desert, made 300 jars for glue making. I am mining out the area right next door.

Problem is, no screamers. I should be making alot of heat, but nothing. Do trader posts not gen heat?

I don't want to argue with you, but your "FPS Boost" was not from Faatal's advice.. It was a result of all of us talking about graphics and performance. It was discovered by Q123 based on some advice I helped another person with...

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?111778-Alpha-18-Dev-Diary!!&p=1030634&viewfull=1#post1030634

So, you're welcome?

Yes, I am welcome, what I don't understand is why you're throwing ♥♥♥♥ at me when I'm only trying to help. My posts don't have bad intentions.

One mroe Note:

- - - Updated - - -

yeah they kinda are.

maybe if you run out of stam. you aim becomes shaky

Oh yes, I bet his post throwing ♥♥♥♥ to me was very helpful to you. I'm just defending my point of view.

Yes, I am welcome, what I don't understand is why you're throwing ♥♥♥♥ at me when I'm only trying to help. My posts don't have bad intentions.

I'm sorry I upset you. I was merely defending my right to post about what I wanted and suggested we let moderators decide what's allowed and what's not. Now, at this point..This back and forth is clearly going into the 'not allowed' territory. I apologize. Let's just let it go.

I'm sorry I upset you. I was merely defending my right to post about what I wanted and suggested we let moderators decide what's allowed and what's not. Now, at this point..This back and forth is clearly going into the 'not allowed' territory. I apologize. Let's just let it go.

I didn't said that anything was allowed or not, I always used the word SHOULD ("you should give useful information, feedback and bug reports to TFP") I never said "nobody is giving useful info!". Anyone can post anything, just wanted to clarify what exp branch is for some people to calm them down (not everyone knows, not one of my IRL friends knew what it was, so I though maybe by posting that I could help others).

Yeah I'm down to letting this go, it was just a misunderstanding caused by language barriers (From my part), and when people write stuff, not all can sense the tone of their intentions lol. It's all good man.

Archived