Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

MM

played about 60 hours so far on this version. not much sleep.

My first trader had everything except a mixer. I have had those going for a long time, the forge and the chem station plus cooking. in the desert, made 300 jars for glue making. I am mining out the area right next door.

Problem is, no screamers. I should be making alot of heat, but nothing. Do trader posts not gen heat?

I found a auger on day 1 and used it. No joke took out 4 blocks with it and had a screamer above me. Killed her went back to using it and within 4 more blocks another screamer. Killed her and tried again and another screamer. Within 10 min give or take had several before night ended on the first day. Not sure what is up with that but stopped using the auger because it just keeps bringing in screamers. So maybe they don't gen heat or it is a bug maybe idk but I'm having well I should say I had no issues getting screamers with just the auger lol.

yes and some barbed wood spikes and steel spikes.

Also i would like that too something like this

shutterstock_170934761.width-800.jpg

also fun pimps. Thank you for making sandbags craftable!

- - - updated - - -

also does anyone know what happened to scrap metal blocks? Cuz thats my favorite block!

wait wtf where are these i need

Mentioning this here because not sure if intentional or not.

I happened to pass by a buried chest I had dug up for a trader quest. I looked at it and it had respawned loot. Was a few bits of can food and a hobo stew. Was couple more things in there but never noticed what they were as I had just hit R automatically. I know the food was there because I had none on me before.

So are these suppose to respawn loot like a regular container or was it not suppose to happen.

Nope.

Had an epic moment of gameplay last night. Was playing with a friend of mine on my private server.

I entered a POI which had a secret attic. It was night, and I was stupid enough to do this without any light source.

Finally I reached the top floor. All I saw was a dim red light and a shadow on the floor. Obviously I made a sound because

out of a sudden I heard zombies raging towards me. But they were still in the dark. Desperately I tried to pull my gun.

Then they entered the light cone,

and exploded...

Two Zombies instantly dead... saw another two standing up again...the next explosion blasting them into the air.

I couldn't help myself and started to laugh insanely, not clearly understanding what the heck happened.

Cautiously I advanced and what looked like a shadow turned out to be a cooking pot on the floor. Tried to pick him up, but it said 'needs to be repaired'

I started to laugh insanely again when I realized the attic was mined... Just as I tried to explain my comrade what has happened (of course he heard me laughing), I heard another sound. I managed to lure the last zombie over the cooking pot.

That made my day (or better night). For now my best moment in 7dtd !

Yet many to come....

yeah they kinda are.

maybe if you run out of stam. you aim becomes shaky

The number variance on them suck too. Junk turrets? I had a lvl 3 vs lvl 2

3- 45 ammo, 16 damage

2- 61 ammo 15 damage

Good variance. Spears? Idk... Got 4 lvl 3's and all where within a point for damage, yet i found 3 lvl 1's and all where aruodn 2 points away from damage? idk if i just got good rng on the lvl 1 and bad on the lvl 3 BUT, maybe take a look at it?

BTW i DO LOVE that the rng is on mag size. a junk turret with 61 shots at lvl 2? Id love to see a lvl 6 with 100+

same goes for tools if anyone has found a power tool (saw/auger) Gas tank size varies. got a lvl 1 with a 324 tank + the mod 50% bigger tank + the honey book? I am literally poo bear

- - - Updated - - -

No i want sandbag blocks..?@Adam the Waster claimed we can make them?

If you are above a zombie, jump ontop of its head, then look down and hit it. I think they'll fix that issue though, that standing on zombies head is safer then one would expect. Might as well have fun with it while it lasts.

I do however agree that melee seems to have taken a hit, but it could just be a personal adjustment issue to sort out how to best do melee in A18e. It happened quite a bit in older alphas that one needed to relearn how to melee , so i'm not going to yell out too much on that issue just yet.

It's all a matter of perspective I guess. I find the Sledgehammer much better and easier to use than in Alphas past.

The number variance on them suck too. Junk turrets? I had a lvl 3 vs lvl 2

3- 45 ammo, 16 damage

2- 61 ammo 15 damage

Good variance. Spears? Idk... Got 4 lvl 3's and all where within a point for damage, yet i found 3 lvl 1's and all where aruodn 2 points away from damagE? idk if i just got good rng on the lvl 1 and bad on the lvl 3 BUT, maybe take a look at it?

BTW i DO LOVE that the rng is on mag size. a junk turret with 6 1shots at lvl 2? Id love to seee a lvl 6 with 100+

same goes for tools if anyone has found a power tool (saw/auger) Gas tank size varies. got a lvl 1 with a 324 tank + the mod 50% bigger tank + the honey book? I am literally poo bear

- - - Updated - - -

No i want sandbag blocks..?@Adam the Waster claimed we can make them?

in the furntrue area in your backpack (i would check but im at school) and they can have changed shaps like all the building blocks

Really? I saw iron blocks still in the forge menu; can't you make them there? Or is there an entire new iron block tree?

really!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also when i threw a pipe bomb at a spider zombie. he started walking on 2 legs and was still leaping at me lol

is it a bug?

I know for me melee has been a bit interesting. I'm sticking with spears because they have range. I haven't got that far in yet, but I've also tried the club, stun batons, and iron reinforced club. I'm hosting a server for my friend and I to play on. I've noticed that other than the spear, the other weapons have shorter range than zombie melee, which to me makes no sense. Many times I could have a zombie in my face, swing, the crosshair on the zombie the whole time, and it doesn't hit, not even a glancing hit. Even sneaking up on sleeper zombies, I can get within like a foot of a zombie, swing while they are sleeping, and not hit either. Only thing I don't have issues with is the spear. I probably won't even try to use any other melee because of this. I have not tried to play a solo game yet, so it may be because of the server, but I never had this issue prior a18.

You have to use timing. Of course you run in to swing while the zombie is swinging you are going to get hit. Wait for the zombie to swing, step forward, hit it, and step back.

This will be hard with running zombies and perhaps clubs are not the best for those.

Oh Holiest of Moles!

Is it an idea perhaps to update the minimum hardware requirements for the game on Steam? I don't know if this has already been done, but it might paint a better picture for new customers.

Probably but it might be fine once we fix a few things.

I am always an int character at 7d2d and i cant actualy aim bc of both i am not talented mouse control and my fps is low so i fell in love with turret sendrome but there is a problem idk my friends has the same thing so i am not so sure if it is a bug or not ,intellect is all locked it says it needs 1 int but still locked and doesnt show a level need we just confused . We think i guess we need to be lvl 10 to open intellect part maybe idk .

Hover the mouse over the lock icon in the perk menu to see the requirements.

Archived