Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

If you saw what I saw peeking into the window, you'd run too!

(Edit) We should have roadrunners in this game! They fit in the region and you could catch them, cut their heads off and drink the blood for a boost in running speed!

Peeking in your window? Guppy finally stop stalking MM long enough to move to someone else?

You lost me at blood drinking. :yuck:

So we got silencer mods.. I need to ask as silly as this may sound, will we get a shotgun silencer as well? You see in 7dtd I hate using guns, and its not for the reason that it attracts zombies. Its because if you wake up any zombie after firing they make a ton of noise screeching and such that it gives me a headache. I'd like it so they don't screech or yell unless they actually SEE you, so if they hear something they just quietly go around trying to find the source, or punching walls to try to find it.

Also, the game could use more sliders in the audio options, i'd like one for voices (player and zombies) and sound effects (gun firing, tools hitting stuff like the wrench etc) I'd honestly turn both way down, as the zombies are too damned loud, and some of the tools really grate on my nerves to use.. auger, chainsaw and wrench to name 3. I got most of the chainsaw/auger sounds off, but that sound when your hitting blocks with them bugs the hell out of me.

Peeking in your window? Guppy finally stop stalking MM long enough to move to someone else?

You lost me at blood drinking. :yuck:

In a way, all toilets are connected. Guppy is a pottypath and able to reach out to people through their plumbing.

There's no way to recover from that so I'll stop here.

Unity has zero voxel support and I doubt they would ever add it, since it is very game specific, but they did add 2d tile support, so you never know.

Based on my experiments, native c++ code, like the Unity engine, is about 3 times faster than compiled c# code. The c# compiler (Microsoft) could be improved to generate better code and then there would not be much speed difference.

Wait. I thought that you guys were using Unity for graphics.

*What I really mean is that I’ll be hoping the invisible HUD mod gets updated for A17 because that kind of modding is way beyond my meager skills.

So if we don´t hear anything from the modders after A17 hits the streets, than it´s either because they are buisy updating the mods, or they are are banned by Roland from the forums until they finished the invisible hud mod.

You think I am funny? Mr Roland "nice guy" did the same allready with dear Mr Mad Mole... our dear MM was so much chatting here in the forum, and now he only is allowed to write something when he has a video or at least some important news.

Never underestimate a smiling (PR) man...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxaS_PI9WlGT3g7SIjvgWEdR4sgWNMA1MMBoXjZifIEadHrMmC

Wait. I thought that you guys were using Unity for graphics.

In simple terms: Anything to do with the voxels has to be programmed by TFP without unity's help. And that code is in C#.

TPF sort of translates the voxel stuff they internally use into normal unity type graphics, which Unity can display without problems.

I heard my name? :D

The last decimal point patch was 7 months ago. The last full Alpha update was close to 11 months ago. That means that 4 patches came out in ~4 months. 1 patch/month. So they are 6 months overdue! If 7D2D was a woman, it would probably have to start buying diapers.

#indisputablemaths!

The following post is sarcasm, you have been warned:

I know! TFP can delete water, and release A16.5! That way the "it's taking too long" guys get their update, and the "I want my water like real life" guys get what they want (since this game takes place in nevada/arizona (does it matter?) and there's obviously no water IRL there cuz its a desert)

End sarcasm.

note: I am aware of geology and understand water exists in the aforementioned locales

extra note: It's so hard to post to not offend. Probably still failed... here's a :smile-new: . All better!

The following post is sarcasm, you have been warned:

I know! TFP can delete water, and release A16.5! That way the "it's taking too long" guys get their update, and the "I want my water like real life" guys get what they want (since this game takes place in nevada/arizona (does it matter?) and there's obviously no water IRL there cuz its a desert)

End sarcasm.

note: I am aware of geology and understand water exists in the aforementioned locales

extra note: It's so hard to post to not offend. Probably still failed... here's a :smile-new: . All better!

If that was you stretching yourself to be offensive, I think you must be a very likeable friendly person.... ;)

Nonsense. It's easy not to offend... I do it all the time. Admittedly it's easier when I'm sleeping. Then again I snore very loudly so maybe I'm still offensive then.

39% REMAINING UNTIL A17 is RELEASED!!!

Thats 3% in six days. They worked on some new mind bending concepts last week so 3% is still an achievement!

Its hard to predict the completion date right now as they complete some new game innovations, so cheer them on! :)

39% REMAINING UNTIL A17 is RELEASED!!!

Thats 3% in six days. They worked on some new mind bending concepts last week so 3% is still an achievement!

Its hard to predict the completion date right now as they complete some new game innovations, so cheer them on! :)

I am kinda hoping that hp bar gets a critical hit/headshot and it suddendly releases.

I am kinda hoping that hp bar gets a critical hit and it suddendly releases.

The thought did cross my mind. Its a bit anti-climatic, but its not a movie or a novel so...

BUT, every day they are making more and more POI's. TFP have got all the new guys going at full speed from the looks of things, so every day A17 is becoming smarter, bigger and more deadly!

You know, like that cute fellow in "Alien":

Unity has zero voxel support and I doubt they would ever add it, since it is very game specific, but they did add 2d tile support, so you never know.

Based on my experiments, native c++ code, like the Unity engine, is about 3 times faster than compiled c# code. The c# compiler (Microsoft) could be improved to generate better code and then there would not be much speed difference.

Yeah, use c++ instead! oh, right, half the programmers wouldn't know how to properly code with it XD sorry

jk obviously, lots of love

Nonsense. It's easy not to offend... I do it all the time. Admittedly it's easier when I'm sleeping. Then again I snore very loudly so maybe I'm still offensive then.

Its much easyer to be not offended

https://www.drugs.com/international/bisoprolol.html

Btw, ROLAND, fill the red bar a bit. Too many games that need my time for a few weeks, TFPs are to fast !

Also, the game could use more sliders in the audio options, i'd like one for voices (player and zombies) and sound effects (gun firing, tools hitting stuff like the wrench etc) I'd honestly turn both way down, as the zombies are too damned loud, and some of the tools really grate on my nerves to use.. auger, chainsaw and wrench to name 3. I got most of the chainsaw/auger sounds off, but that sound when your hitting blocks with them bugs the hell out of me.

Voices and sound effects... that covers nearly everything. What do you want to keep at full volume? Musical cues and UI sounds?

New features proposal

Hi guys,

thank you very much for this wonderful game! I must admit I'm a fan of games with a plot but I like to contribute in buying Linux native games and so 7D2D was bought. After that I discovered it was a gem.

Apart from that I would like to kindly propose some - maybe useful maybe useless :) - new features: I'm using this thread because others are last updated in 2017 so... I guess this one in WIP is fine otherwise sorry.

- motion sensor radar: something like the Aliens movie. I'm asking that because while I'm gathering resources sometimes I find myself attacked by some sneaky zs :) Apart from resources it could be useful as tool for some horde tracing quest something like that

- background story hints: as far as I remember in the description of the game there is a statement like '...play 7D2D and discover what happened...'. As of now there aren't quests to do that: ok you may suppose by seeing the scenario of course, but adding a background set of quests to give some hints on the world before the end maybe some recorded audio (like in Fallout4) or some diary description in my opinion could definitely add depth to this already wonderful game.

Thank you again for the game and thank you for Linux support: in Linux the game works like a charm :)

Archived