Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Hi,

i'm talking about the tall ones, like dishong tower or higashi pharmacheutical (mostly the new ones ). they lag a lot when i come across them

Thank you.

I was asking because I've never seen any stuttering but I've not yet found these buildings: I visited Gravestone and the huge power plant. I went to the top of the external tower which is huge and tall (I may consider to build a base there :) ) but no stutter at all.

As soon as I'll find dishong tower and pharmaceutical I'll let you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Any huge building makes game stutter sometimes, especially when you go on the 5-10th floor where blocks are unstable... Nonmodded corp building.

Dont even think about TNT-ing it, i have tried and ohboy 2fps...

Thank you: I suppose I must still find these sort of buildings :) I'll look for them for sure!

Nah, just wondering if something has changed in the UI stuff that has Roland concerned as far as modability of it.

Roland couldn't mod his way out of a paper bag, but I think you read his message wrong... he's talking about a specific mod by Sphereii that he hopes gets updated (by sphereii) quickly so he can play w/o the hud. I don't get the impression he's thinking it'll be harder, just that he himself isn't capable so he's at the mercy of the modders.

hehe

:phone::gossip:

:bounce::photo:

Just having fun ;)

Lol, the vid reminds me of just how much GSP looks like Van Damme. Also reminds me of how dumb McGregor is for ruining his career over his real life ego... like Manziel, all that money thrown away because of their stupid big heads...

Lol, the vid reminds me of just how much GSP looks like Van Damme. Also reminds me of how dumb McGregor is for ruining his career over his real life ego... like Manziel, all that money thrown away because of their stupid big heads...

Yep, is a shame seeing talent like that self destruct.

- background story hints: as far as I remember in the description of the game there is a statement like '...play 7D2D and discover what happened...'. As of now there aren't quests to do that: ok you may suppose by seeing the scenario of course, but adding a background set of quests to give some hints on the world before the end maybe some recorded audio (like in Fallout4) or some diary description in my opinion could definitely add depth to this already wonderful game.

As far as we know, they haven't really begun with building background story until recently. In A16 the pharmaceutical tower is one of the locations suspected to be part of the background hints but who knows? We probably won't get much spoiler info from the developers (and that is as it should be).

In A17 they have rebuilt/upgraded the quest and dialog system, one reason probably being the ability to now tell a story in dialogs and quests. You will find that in Navezgane mostly, not RandomGen

See also the known features list Roland keeps updated on the first page of this thread.

It sounds like we're not going to get a story on how the apoc started, just what's going on now... two factions, the Duke's and White River, each competing for resources... White River is the neutral/friendly, and the Duke is the bad guy. That painting MM keeps showing of an old white dude has something to do with the White River faction, maybe indicating faction friendly areas... beyond that, no clue.

It sounds like we're not going to get a story on how the apoc started, just what's going on now... two factions, the Duke's and White River, each competing for resources... White River is the neutral/friendly, and the Duke is the bad guy. That painting MM keeps showing of an old white dude has something to do with the White River faction, maybe indicating faction friendly areas... beyond that, no clue.

Right, we don't really have much info on work about backstory apart from "Backstories for many of the POIs". And it could be those poi backstories are just about white river and Duke

But backstory about the apocalypse for me is something like the low hanging fruit of story contents, I would find it suprising if they don't put it in now.

I think if they took a page out of dark souls' book and just dropped enough hints and snippets of information about the world through item descriptions (or in this case, the houses/places you visit in the quests), the player can use the 'lore' to build their own story of what happened. It would be a shame to just have an npc 'tell' you what happened. And I'm guessing your player must know what happened too, or at least some of it.

I'd rather have a new game, than a sequel.

That would depend what the new game was for me.

New game idea didn't work well in Mass Effect 4, at all. Of course, the game was fail on so many other levels too.

But TFP now have a lot of assets they could use in a x-quel. Maybe newer looking POI's if it was a prequel. Cant forget the business side of life.

Well, I see 7days as a learning experience for the dev team; sure, they're awesome and whatnot, but you can tell from the myriad of design changes that they've made decisions along the way, and are keeping a tally of what works for their next project...

So I'm extremely optimistic that their next project will be damn near perfection, because their first project is pretty damn good. :)

So I'm extremely optimistic that their next project will be damn near perfection, because their first project is pretty damn good. :)

If the time of development of the first project is any indicator for the future, many of us might die of old age before 2nd one will get to beta :p

If the time of development of the first project is any indicator for the future, many of us might die of old age before 2nd one will get to beta :p

Naw, not since they already have so many working systems in place. Besides, for all we know they have a different team dedicated to it. <shrug>

Well, I see 7days as a learning experience for the dev team; sure, they're awesome and whatnot, but you can tell from the myriad of design changes that they've made decisions along the way, and are keeping a tally of what works for their next project...

Coughs* Kiss Ass * Coughs

I'd rather have a new game, than a sequel.

Sequel and new game are not mutually exclusive. think franchise .... 28 days to die - mutations, updated gear and environments, could be a western, sci fi, or anything. cut the zombies (or not) add mutants, aliens, introduce backstory to 7 days today (alien virus?).

wonderful thing franchises.

Roland couldn't mod his way out of a paper bag, but I think you read his message wrong... he's talking about a specific mod by Sphereii that he hopes gets updated (by sphereii) quickly so he can play w/o the hud. I don't get the impression he's thinking it'll be harder, just that he himself isn't capable so he's at the mercy of the modders.

Wow. This. Right down to the paper bag.

On RWG in a17:

Random worlds in a17 onward will be fully "pregenerated". This means that the world generator will output the same data structure as navezgane but in a save folder. This means that any rwg world will load just as fast as navezgane going forward.

After fixing the vehicles and adding new ones it was determined that RWG's runtime code was just waaaay too slow. So now it instead gets all the data set up and exports it in a common format which allows for quicker chunk loading.

With the change to pregeneration and using the socket(tile) system over the entire world there will be some other changes as well. For the better. Over the next couple of days I will give a bit more detail on what else these changes to RWG mean for the average player, modders, and server owners. I think most will be very happy.

More to come... :)

So that means no more driving through a laggy world that fails to render around me so I'm 'floating' as I drive around on a mini bike?

It still depends on the speed of your computer, if you're playing on a potato you're still likely to catch up with terrain generation.

A simple rule of thumb: If you can play Nave without catching up with terrain generation you _should_ now be able to play RNG without doing it either.

Archived