Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Just finally getting around to making an account just for this thread. Wanted to say to the devs that your on the right track and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Your a very committed and loyal group of workers that have seriously put there heart and soul into this awesome game and it shows. I'm super excited for Alpha17 and know that it's going to be amazing from the amount of work your all putting into it. Stay focused and don't let any kind of hate phase yinz at all. For future reference yinz refers to a group of people over there in my local tongue of Pittsburghese lol.

Just finally getting around to making an account just for this thread. Wanted to say to the devs that your on the right track and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Your a very committed and loyal group of workers that have seriously put there heart and soul into this awesome game and it shows. I'm super excited for Alpha17 and know that it's going to be amazing from the amount of work your all putting into it. Stay focused and don't let any kind of hate phase yinz at all. For future reference yinz refers to a group of people over there in my local tongue of Pittsburghese lol.

Welcome to the forum, Treeasaurus Rex! I think you'll do well here!

- - - Updated - - -

giphy.gif

Beard Strokes all around!

Pulled down? Not at all. Was reading and responded. He was rude, I was kind, the universe is balanced.

How people treat you is their karma. How you respond is yours. ;)

I never understood how this karma thing works. It seems that if someone does something mean to you people say "Don't worry karma's a bitch and it will come back to bite them in the ass", buuuuuut, if someone does something mean to you wouldn't that mean that at some time you already did something mean to someone and now karma is coming back to bite you in the ass? I just don't get it.

Anyway....

Totally agree. I was taught that patience is a virtue. Mind you, I'm vibrating in my chair waiting on BATTLETECH to release... :p

....vibrating chairs confirmed for A17...woohoo. About time we get some relaxation in the apocalypse

I tend not to browse too far into the forms that often, opting rather to just check for news, updates and videos. (Thank you for the first and second posts Roland.) All the complaining, impatience and negativity is a big part why.

I'm just grateful to TFPs for the great game that keeps getting better. If they wanted to, they could've released the game for gold back in A6 or A7 and I still would've gotten MORE than my moneys worth out of it. All the rest is icing on the cake.

It really isn't fair to be given so much by TFPs, and then all they get for it is negative comments. Where's their motivation to continue providing us a great experience in that situation.

So TFPs, as someone who appreciates what we have been given, I would like to provide a little POSITIVE feedback.

THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT GAME.

Keep up the good work, and I'd rather it is "Done" when it's done, than have a rushed steaming mess.

Would you idiots shut up about how you feel progression should be compared to where it is? If you're not the PM for the game, nobody cares about how you would do it or your opinion on the game's progress. They are clearly working on it as evidenced by comments by multiple devs meanwhile you dumbasses can't get over the time length between releases.

EDIT: IMO the reputation system was ruined by the participation trophy thread.

Just check the post count. The most bilious haters usually have less than 15 posts. I wouldn't be surprised if such impatience, bile, and conviction that they know how things _should_ be done extends to all areas of their lives. I feel for the people who have to deal with them on a daily basis.

Mind the rules, please. Insults and so-called 'doom and gloom' are not allowed, regardless of one's stance. Discussion has gotten pretty toxic today and we'll be cleaning things up as needed.

Where do I go to get the tokens? I offer services you could only dream of! (Just send me a link of all your dreams) :p

Would you idiots shut up about how you feel progression should be compared to where it is? If you're not the PM for the game, nobody cares about how you would do it or your opinion on the game's progress. They are clearly working on it as evidenced by comments by multiple devs meanwhile you dumbasses can't get over the time length between releases.

EDIT: IMO the reputation system was ruined by the participation trophy thread.

Don't sugarcoat it tell us how you really feel...we are all adults.....maybe!!

MTFGA

Coughs * VIDEO * Coughs

Woop woop!!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Rotating+Lights+and+Sirens&&view=detail&mid=C9678E97F5C9A91414CCC9678E97F5C9A91414CC&&FORM=VDRVRV

I tend not to browse too far into the forms that often, opting rather to just check for news, updates and videos. (Thank you for the first and second posts Roland.) All the complaining, impatience and negativity is a big part why.

I'm just grateful to TFPs for the great game that keeps getting better. If they wanted to, they could've released the game for gold back in A6 or A7 and I still would've gotten MORE than my moneys worth out of it. All the rest is icing on the cake.

It really isn't fair to be given so much by TFPs, and then all they get for it is negative comments. Where's their motivation to continue providing us a great experience in that situation.

So TFPs, as someone who appreciates what we have been given, I would like to provide a little POSITIVE feedback.

THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT GAME.

Keep up the good work, and I'd rather it is "Done" when it's done, than have a rushed steaming mess.

Coughs* KISS ASS * Coughs

Has there been much discussion about how the new skills progression system will work yet?

I'm very interested to see what TFPs thinking is in regards to the new system.

Side note... I finally went back to work last week, did two five hour days and I was absolutely stuffed!

This working for a living thing sucks!

Compared to Steam forums....... not really ^^:tickled_pink:

but as i said allready

61nJxCxg6KL._SL1500_.jpg

Smile !

You cant kill them all.

Btw Amazon is stupid, they delivered me

"Aims i have enough in my life.

Only to less Ammonition"

5 years of German and all I got is

Ich Weiss nichts

Ich habe keine Beine

Has there been much discussion about how the new skills progression system will work yet?

I'm very interested to see what TFPs thinking is in regards to the new system.

Side note... I finally went back to work last week, did two five hour days and I was absolutely stuffed!

This working for a living thing sucks!

Yes ..quite a bit...just not on the forums!!

I'll continue to wait, but that's really all I can do. I mentioned allowing players into the A17 branch with an early access code in the steam property files, etc but... I don't think that'll happen. We could be helping you guys, at least with bugs to save time. But what I feel is going to happen is, we're going to open the game after this update hits, and feel like we're in an entirely reworked and overhauled game. That isn't always a good thing. Too much to catch up on when you've played it hours upon hours the week before.

You can't look for bugs in a build that's not operational yet. I would be willing to guess that they still have their teams working on assembling the build. They are probably already aware of 95% of the current "bugs" because there are systems that just haven't been hooked up yet. How many hours should they waste responding to complaints that the first aid kit doesn't work when they already know they haven't programmed the healing buff yet? Or complaints that the zombies are too hard to kill when they haven't had a chance to do any balancing yet? Madmole can't even post a video here where he clearly states the issues that are visible and tells you why the issues exist, without having a dozen people chime in to make sure he knows that's an issue. Call me a white knight or a fanboi or whatever you want, but I get tired of wading through pages of asshats complaining about things we already know just to get to the actual constructive discussion that happens here. People can't read or listen or follow rules. Just take a look in the bug reporting forums. There's some really good reports in there, but there's also people complaining that an update broke their mod when the bug report rules clearly tell you not to use mods if you're reporting bugs. Yeah, it would be fun to get my hands on the existing framework and play with the mods, drive the jeep, etc, but I will gladly wait for an actual build of the game.

Archived