Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Rather than making zombies jump horizontally I would rather see vultures able to pick them up and carry them across. That would make vultures priority targets, it wouldn't result in a flood of zombies getting past moats, and it wouldn't result in a meta of just digging wider and wider moats. A moat would still protect from being overwhelmed but if vultures were ignored then more and more zombies would be dropped inside.

I would also like to see spiders that can crawl around in all directions on a vertical surface instead of just up and down.

EDIT: I also like the bridging ability Crater mentioned. I loved the idea of gore blocks and was sad that they never quite reached their potential before being axed. So a bridge made of whatever ichor they vomit up that hardens into a resin could be a cool idea similar to gore blocks.

To zombie vultures could grab zombies and carry them through the wall, they must have a good brain. But the brain of the vultures is even smaller than that of ordinary zombies, because they can not even think about it)

Vultures could grab players from the roof of the base and carry into the crowd of zombies. That would be cool)

Zombie spider could crawl on walls in all directions as you said and I also wrote about it earlier and jump on the player from the walls.

I also suggested that the zombie spider could crawl not only on walls, but also on the ceiling)

1359643587_1187243803.gif

Similarly, a zombie spider could sleep on the ceiling in the form of a sleeping zombie and attack from above when the player under it passes. It would be a cool moment horror and an improvement in atmospheric conditions.

Don't place the bottom rung of a ladder, you can still jump onto it but zombies can't climb it at all.

I keep wondering how many A16 good base ideas will end up being voided by the dev's A17 secret plans.

I have tested 4 base designs that I might need based on some presumptions:

-Zombies (at least some) will dig down.

-Roland will get his vulture air-born divisions or some type of horde night air attack.

-Zombies will be able to jump as far as a player (maybe some further). This could nullify the ladder trick and other "safe base" ideas.

-Some type of Zombie you can not melee (covered in acid or explodes immediately when hit)

-Zombies will target your support pillars.

I have a combo fort complex idea that if I build them all, then... I might die anyway. :)

I keep wondering how many A16 good base ideas will end up being voided by the dev's A17 secret plans.

I have tested 4 base designs that I might need based on some presumptions:

-Zombies (at least some) will dig down.

-Roland will get his vulture air-born divisions or some type of horde night air attack.

-Zombies will be able to jump as far as a player (maybe some further). This could nullify the ladder trick and other "safe base" ideas.

-Some type of Zombie you can not melee (covered in acid or explodes immediately when hit)

-Zombies will target your support pillars.

I have a combo fort complex idea that if I build them all, then... I might die anyway. :)

We will take the challenge. At some point there will be an endgame and it have to be epic.

Maybe parkour? Zombies can prance up, cling and reboot through a wall that is 3 blocks high. Zombies can jump in length by two blocks, and can cling to the edge and climb on an obstacle. The player can do the same.

This is a challenge when zombies can do the same as a player. As an example of Dying Ligth.

Maybe parkour? Zombies can prance up, cling and reboot through a wall that is 3 blocks high. Zombies can jump in length by two blocks, and can cling to the edge and climb on an obstacle. The player can do the same.

This is a challenge when zombies can do the same as a player. As an example of Dying Ligth.

It would make sense to leave player levels of mobility to bandits. The zombies should be a baseline threat that must be dealt with on a weekly basis while bandits could attack at any time. I'm not a huge fan of moving away from the classic Romero-style zombies.

Vultures could grab players from the roof of the base and carry into the crowd of zombies. That would be cool)

Zombie spider could crawl on walls in all directions as you said and I also wrote about it earlier and jump on the player from the walls.

Snip...

Uh... Yeah. That would be great. Riiiiight.

Until it happens to you. Then we get to hear about that from everyone, how this game sucks for the next several pages. lol.

Death from above!

I was in the plains biome in the evening breaking into one of those mom and pop bookstores when I hear one of those big zombies

(that sound like a cop or Hawaiian zombie). I hopped back but figured he was in the building and about the break down the door. So I go back up and continue breaking down the door.

Don't know why I looked up but there he was. It had just broke through the clay wall and was standing on a sign. I jumped back just in time to avoid being smooshed.

Took me forever to take down with a spiked club. lol

It would make sense to leave player levels of mobility to bandits. The zombies should be a baseline threat that must be dealt with on a weekly basis while bandits could attack at any time. I'm not a huge fan of moving away from the classic Romero-style zombies.

I have not seen bandits like you. Maybe it will be nice to see the parkour from the bandits, and let the zombies be like now. )))

It's a common misconception that lasers don't work against mirrors, here's a laser cutting a mirror while using less power than my gaming PC.

Thanks for ruining my hopes and dreams, also that is not "real" mirror. Mine is glass. :p

One of my face palm moments

Today I saw a bear on the plains biome bordering the wasteland. With my new found blue pistol I figured I could take him. Hid and attacked with my bow. Got some good shots but it finally saw me. So I ran and switched to my gun. Was surprised to see it still standing after dropping a clip into it. It wasn't till after the second clip that I saw the tell tail signs that it was a zombie bear. :upset:

I took it down finally but after wasting all that ammo got rotten meat for my efforts. Well at least I got some leather, bone and fat off of it to.

Avoid zombie bears at all cost.

Thanks for ruining my hopes and dreams, also that is not "real" mirror. Mine is glass. :p

I guess the problem is that a few % of the energy are not reflected. And because the "Silver foil" is so thin it start to smelt/burn in a few nanoseconds, and by this it raises the amount of the not reflected energy.

So ni idea if a massive and cooled silverbody behind massive glass would change that

One of my face palm moments

Today I saw a bear on the plains biome bordering the wasteland. With my new found blue pistol I figured I could take him. Hid and attacked with my bow. Got some good shots but it finally saw me. So I ran and switched to my gun. Was surprised to see it still standing after dropping a clip into it. It wasn't till after the second clip that I saw the tell tail signs that it was a zombie bear. :upset:

I took it down finally but after wasting all that ammo got rotten meat for my efforts. Well at least I got some leather, bone and fat off of it to.

Avoid zombie bears at all cost.

Hand gun + any bear = waste of time and ammo for a little meat. Best off searching a little more for deer and take it with the bow if you are early enough in the game to worry about your ammo count. There is something about taking down a bear that feels rewarding though.

Archived