1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Guest Rassilon
Yeah, totally lazy... Thanks for the support

Dont get pulled down by one fella.

Here are lots of Players that are appriciating you, your Colleagues and are happily awaiting A17 and its Preview Bits.

I always look forward to see another explanation of Progress from you, Faatal or Mr. Mole and the vast mayority here feels the same i guess, even if they stay quiet.

Yeah, totally lazy... Thanks for the support

You all just keep doing what you need to do! Every build has brought more in content, design and underneath improvements that most have no clue about.

Excited to see what A17 brings us.

Good point, just thought that Pimps do much more than what was in the video. Much , much more. ;)

hard to swallow pills are coming:

1 year has passed... the new content what we can see NOW is: jeep, bike , quests , weapon mods , poi's , dungeons.

the rest: new textures / reworking the existing systems again...

that "much much more" work seems they are just repairing/redoing/retexturing what they have already done.

i believe its a lot of work to do. but you know, we can check the steam sales, we know they have money to speed up the process. but now its seems they are vegetating. thats why these mean comments are here.... and thats why we call you a blind fanboi, who will be happy with anything, becouse you dont have any expectation towards to the devs.

why? becouse the modders will do the rest in xml right? good... good... :)

btw i realy like the game, and checking the forum updates regulary, im hyped. but.... takes sooo long. member when we was joking about the 2020 final release? it was a joke... it not that funny now.

What's wrong with taking your time anyhow?

That's usually when great results are created...

I'll bet that the most impatient 7d2d gamers, are also the ones that complain first, if a certain detail is not, "just so".

There's just no pleasing some people.

Bad upbringing, I say.

Alpha is about iteration, it means doing things again and again. If you can't handle that then you shouldn't be playing an Early Access game.

Simple as that.

im not playing it currently. when i bought the game iv checked the dates between updates, i saw you guys making good work in good time. that was the reason i decided to buy your game in EA stage.

Guest Rassilon
Pulled down? Not at all. Was reading and responded. He was rude, I was kind, the universe is balanced.

How people treat you is their karma. How you respond is yours. ;)

True that, handled like a Gentlemen :)

Just said it, because sometimes i get the feeling that only the negative voices are heared, and its a shame if so.

Constructive Criticism is something good if expressed in a polite manner, but those rude / trolling Comments you replied about are really not representive about this community.

Keep up the good work, maybe throw a bit of flesh out for the unpatient amongst us ;)

1 year has passed... the new content what we can see NOW is: jeep, bike , quests , weapon mods , poi's , dungeons.

that "much much more" work seems they are just repairing/redoing/retexturing what they have already done.

i believe its a lot of work to do. but you know, we can check the steam sales, we know they have money to speed up the process. but now its seems they are vegetating. thats why these mean comments are here.... and thats why we call you a blind fanboi, who will be happy with anything, becouse you dont have any expectation towards to the devs.

Money is not their goal. It is a result of their work. That is how the world works. In any way !

btw i realy like the game, and checking the forum updates regulary, im hyped. but.... takes sooo long. member when we was joking about the 2020 final release? it was a joke... it not that funny now.

There's a pretty famous quote by Fred Brooks that goes: "What one programmer can do in one month, two programmers can do in two months."

That's not to say that enlarging a team doesn't help, but I think it helps more along the lines of ending with a better product than actually speeding it up. New team members must be brought up to speed, which can take a long time, and then there's only so many logical pieces in which you can split the code so that more team members can work on it simultaneously.

I'm also quite sad that we must wait so many months for each new update, but at least so far they've honestly been worth it. If alpha 17 takes the longest because they are finally building what can be considered the final framework, so that they can then polish it, then that's fine.

To some degree throwing more programmers at a project won't speed it up. Too many cooks burned the Stew. I guess Kinayajuu said as much

Totally agree. I was taught that patience is a virtue. Mind you, I'm vibrating in my chair waiting on BATTLETECH to release... :p

So you know exactly how we all feel!

(I mean... of cause you do, but this just nails it in).

So unless someone thinks TFP is deliberately screwing the gamers...

Let's stop with the name calling, what do you say... (I mean lazy here).

You are toxic as f. Sorry but you know NOTHING about how ANY of this works, yet you want to sit there and keyboard warrior away at what YOU expect.

Gladly submit ANYTHING you have created or worked on, Id like to see how its done please. Teach us all a lesson. I guess you think coding all of this is just fill in the blank templates right? You remind me of the know it all who thinks they can accomplish things faster but would get held up a week because you capitalized the G in gunPistol.

Hard to swallow pill incoming: Learn how to spell "because" before trying to tell anyone you "know" they have the money to speed up game developing. Because, you know, throwing money at the screen makes it go fast. VROOM!

What a lot of the impatient complainers here seem to not know or forget is that I personally handle a LARGE portion of the systems in this game, how they are designed and how they work together. If I were to explain it all most of your eyes would simply glaze over, trust me. I now (as of A17) handle Animation Code support, Buffs, avatar controllers, entity stats systems, and UFPS on top of already owning RWG, UMA, items, progression, crafting, xui.

So yes, we added more people. That's not going to speed things up, it's simply going to make it better quality. Having 20 heart surgeons in an OR doesn't speed up the operation now does it? It does however ensure a better quality result as more people are looking at things.

People can complain about timelines all they want. We finally figured out what all systems there would be, sat down with our new Game Designer and balanced things out and discussed how they talk to each other, I wrote the new min effect system to encompass all desired functionality so that we can easily expand with little or no code support in the future. Providing not only backward compatibility, but more things modders will be able to edit from xml, making a better experience for A17 and beyond.

So sure, it's going slow, but that's because we redistributed the systems and I took over more for this alpha to get a solid framework in.

Note: Money helps me live but it has never been and will never be my goal personally. I've reached my goal. Make games for a living. Everything else is icing on the cake for me.

Great update! Thanks...

I love hearing about what's going on under the hood...

Ty for the update Kin!

Edit:

A shame it had to be under the circumstances as it was... But still interesting :)

Guest Rassilon
What a lot of the impatient complainers here seem to not know or forget is that I personally handle a LARGE portion of the systems in this game, how they are designed and how they work together. If I were to explain it all most of your eyes would simply glaze over, trust me. I now (as of A17) handle Animation Code support, Buffs, avatar controllers, entity stats systems, and UFPS on top of already owning RWG, UMA, items, progression, crafting, xui.

So yes, we added more people. That's not going to speed things up, it's simply going to make it better quality. Having 20 heart surgeons in an OR doesn't speed up the operation now does it? It does however ensure a better quality result as more people are looking at things.

People can complain about timelines all they want. We finally figured out what all systems there would be, sat down with our new Game Designer and balanced things out and discussed how they talk to each other, I wrote the new min effect system to encompass all desired functionality so that we can easily expand with little or no code support in the future. Providing not only backward compatibility, but more things modders will be able to edit from xml, making a better experience for A17 and beyond.

So sure, it's going slow, but that's because we redistributed the systems and I took over more for this alpha to get a solid framework in.

Sorry had to pull out my +1 club of common sense there. Back to the staff of kindness. lol

Note: Money helps me live but it has never been and will never be my goal personally. I've reached my goal. Make games for a living. Everything else is icing on the cake for me.

You cant make it right for everybody, but its nice to see you trying.

Personally im a bit inpatient too, but well i understand that quality takes time. And im thankfull for every POI i see in the Videos, every vehicle. Or the stunning possibilites of the Buff System and Weapn Mod System.

So be it 2019, im fine with it as long as we sometimes get something to see or to read about the progress.

Im out for today, have a nice Rest-Sunday together.

I'll see your pill and raise you a reality check.

Alpha is about iteration, it means doing things again and again. If you can't handle that then you shouldn't be playing an Early Access game.

Simple as that.

Doing things again and again is fine, but when we're waiting this long? If you want to do things time and time again, it should be done through steady updates so you don't have an overfilled plate. I love this game, have bought servers for it multiple times, and had a blast, but waiting this long is a little overdone. I support the devs in their endeavors, but when you put too much on your own plate, it's a little silly.

I'll continue to wait, but that's really all I can do. I mentioned allowing players into the A17 branch with an early access code in the steam property files, etc but... I don't think that'll happen. We could be helping you guys, at least with bugs to save time. But what I feel is going to happen is, we're going to open the game after this update hits, and feel like we're in an entirely reworked and overhauled game. That isn't always a good thing. Too much to catch up on when you've played it hours upon hours the week before.

Totally agree. I was taught that patience is a virtue. Mind you, I'm vibrating in my chair waiting on BATTLETECH to release... :p

Oh yeah! Need to add that on the list! Between that and Frostpunk, it will be a fun diversion till A17 drops.

Doing things again and again is fine, but when we're waiting this long? If you want to do things time and time again, it should be done through steady updates so you don't have an overfilled plate. I love this game, have bought servers for it multiple times, and had a blast, but waiting this long is a little overdone. I support the devs in their endeavors, but when you put too much on your own plate, it's a little silly.

I'll continue to wait, but that's really all I can do. I mentioned allowing players into the A17 branch with an early access code in the steam property files, etc but... I don't think that'll happen. We could be helping you guys, at least with bugs to save time. But what I feel is going to happen is, we're going to open the game after this update hits, and feel like we're in an entirely reworked and overhauled game. That isn't always a good thing. Too much to catch up on when you've played it hours upon hours the week before.

TFP has already looked at these ideas you are suggesting and determined they are not optimal for their team structure and development process.

-A

Weird; it's the guys day off, he comes here to post, then gets crapped on for... What exactly? Lol.

...and they already use forum members as testers.... They had over 60 at one point. Like, 4, maybe 5, made it. Go figure.

@Robert; I got a modded 06 gto, let's race. =)

Yep, you can't cure stupid is my favorite comment. The other is it looks like the wheel is still turning, but the hamster died.

And, I hate when a single quote prevents your code from running correctly and you just spent the last 2 hours looking at it trying to figure it out. When, someone walks up behind you and says, "hey, why isn't there a single quote mark there?"

Yep, you can't cure stupid is my favorite comment. The other is it looks like the wheel is still turning, but the hamster died.

And, I hate when a single quote prevents your code from running correctly and you just spent the last 2 hours looking at it trying to figure it out. When, someone walks up behind you and says, "hey, why isn't there a single quote mark there?"

I went through line by line disabling lines in a rwgmixer only to find that issue...

Sorry had to pull out my +1 club of common sense there. Back to the staff of kindness. lol

Pretty impressive list of things you've got on your plate. Nice job!

The +1 club of common sense is a rare item these days. Lately the +1 whiny pants and -1 charisma hat seem to be over spawning though. You might want to let Gazz check it out 🤓

Archived