Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

The Hp bar you can complete forget, Juni-August experimental will be released.

If not the HP bar aka Roland doesnt know that too.

The Hp bar only show a rough estimation and is nice for people that look all few weeks into the forum to see how far they are.

Other game i asked how long they need until next Experience and the answer was

A matter of weeks not monts.

A few days later

A matter of days, forget the weeks.

Planed was a release a month ago.

No dev know the future. A simple "." at the wrong place in the code can simply cause weeks of trouble

this is BS.. At the rate of movement on the HP bar, we won't see A.17 until Xmas at the earliest.. WTF pimps?

You know, i agree, the XP & HP Bars moving are too slow, i'd love to see a pie chart also moving, then maybe a bar graph..

And whats a better present than A17!? I think they brilliantly planned it out

You know, i agree, the XP & HP Bars moving are too slow, i'd love to see a pie chart also moving, then maybe a bar graph..

And whats a better present than A17!? I think they brilliantly planned it out

Maybe we can persuade tfp to make a group photo they strip on instead of a bar ?!

I wonder ,between A16-A17(almos 1 year passed since A16 release)...how old is this game? 17 years?

I wonder why such posts are allways come from people with less than 50 posts. Next time please use your real account.

But to answer this for real.

Small changes result in Fast patches.

Big changes in a evolved big game need time.

They broke down A16, implented a complete new framework for buffs quests and other stuff and then they started to screw it together again.

There was NO way to release a smaller Patch in the time between

And it doesnt matter.

Some other publishers would have stick a AAALabel on the A14 Version and would have started a big Holliday with the spared Money

@The Fun Pimps

When you remastered all the biomes did you upgrade all the graphics to 3k or 4k resolution?

I hope so because I'm going to be building a new 4k gaming rig this fall and I would love to see the game in 3k or 4k.

I wonder why such posts are allways come from people with less than 50 posts. Next time please use your real account.

But to answer this for real.

Small changes result in Fast patches.

Big changes in a evolved big game need time.

They broke down A16, implented a complete new framework for buffs quests and other stuff and then they started to screw it together again.

There was NO way to release a smaller Patch in the time between

And it doesnt matter.

Some other publishers would have stick a AAALabel on the A14 Version and would have started a big Holliday with the spared Money

This is my real account,i post only when its need or when i feel i need to do...1year its too much even for engine change or what they change...you dont need to agree with me..its my personal opinion.The fact i m still here shows i still interested by the game :),what i want to point is this methode with HP bar...more fair was to tell us a apx date(for ex : september-november)....

This is my real account,i post only when its need or when i feel i need to do...1year its too much even for engine change or what they change...you dont need to agree with me..its my personal opinion.The fact i m still here shows i still interested by the game :),what i want to point is this methode with HP bar...more fair was to tell us a apx date(for ex : september-november)....

What you want is a sticky in the General Discussion

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?78588-When-will-the-game-be-released

TFP have no better answer for you.

Its like you ask Neil armstrong how the sand feels on the moon BEFORE he was there.

I guess the problem is that a few % of the energy are not reflected. And because the "Silver foil" is so thin it start to smelt/burn in a few nanoseconds, and by this it raises the amount of the not reflected energy.

So ni idea if a massive and cooled silverbody behind massive glass would change that

Unfortunately not, the laser will vaporize the surface of the glass or metal eventually. Cooling it will just slow this process, not stop it. :-)

Surviving in the plains biome is not that easy

I am playing RG and based near a town and a trader. It's a good start.

But starting and looting are two different things.

In this biome. there are certain buildings that look like shacks that a player might just want to avoid looting altogether.

These buildings have cowboys and Doberman pincers (zombie dogs) sleeping in them. The cowboys are tough and the dogs are even more dangerous.

But if you do well, you can get some great loot. I ended up with three rifles with extra rounds, leather and two sticks of TNT on one run.

Then there are the wolves that come out of no were, sometimes two at a time and the first time you know that they are there is when they are on top of you.

Even some of the plants are dangerous you are always having to doge Cactus.

Fewer resources that you can take on the ground like boulders and usable plants. Not clustered together like in the other biomes.

But one thing that this biome has that no other biome is corn. In this place, corn grows free.

You may find it in RG on a POI farm but this is the only place in the game that it grows wild.

But more animals, big animals. Most will attack you on sight, others attack if provoked.

There also seems to be more zombies about as well.

Also being on the plains seems to get the player to let there guard down. Unlike the other biomes that that are normally either full of fog or smoky and other clutter, the plains are mostly clear and flat. Making you think that you could see trouble coming a mile away.

You'd be surprised how close zombies can get to you in that biome.

It's a very nice place to visit and even stay as long as you can adapt to it. :)

Unfortunately not, the laser will vaporize the surface of the glass or metal eventually. Cooling it will just slow this process, not stop it. :-)

The energy transfer from a laser to a surface is photon absorption, with an extreamly low contribution from photon momentum as well.

So... A perfectly reflective surface will deflect a laser beam nearly indefinitely! That's a fact.

Getting a perfectly reflective material surface, is another matter entirely...

Very difficult to get even close.

BUT, getting a material to perfectly reflect a laser beam with a known wavelength ahead of time.

This is not difficult.

Well as they are vultures and I suspect they are not the henchmen of some evil overlord who has tons of money to outfit them all with high quality lasers, I think they may have just picked up some of those dollar store pointer lasers for show. Just don't stare directly at them.

The tree flip

I was in the burnt forest and chopped down a medium sized tree to fall on the burning zombie. It falls but as the thing is coming at me. It pushes it back up and on top of me. lol. It landed on me with no effect.

I was like, no problem and charged him with my hatchet.

Archived