Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Was not really meant against you. While you sometimes come close to the Border of Rant, i still appreciate most of your posts because it starts discussion and mostly ends in a post of a Def or Roland explaining things. that were left unsure :)

Just done like those Posts of people like "iLikeIt" because it contains ZERO real content or argumentive critic.

Thanks mate. Appreciated!

Please stop the bull♥♥♥♥ comments on this section no one cares about how the game is running on your computer. I get constant 80-90 FPS on a 2560x1080 wide monitor with GTX 1060 3 gb and i5 . I just turn off the shadows and everything works perfect.Just go work and if you love so much 7 DTD buy a new rig ♥♥♥♥♥♥. You all are just cry baby. I like this game so much im happy with Alpha 16.4 too. If you criticise and wants Alpha 17 faster then go and donate 10$ million and they will relase it the next day you idiots. I come on Alpha 17 developer diary to read news i dont wanna see your bull♥♥♥♥ here about how the game is running on your ♥♥♥♥ti computer

Nice, never saw a "One Poster" with a negative Reputation

So does anyone know what will happen to your character upon death? Since the wellness system is being readjusted/replaced. Will your max health/stamina get reduced as it is in A16?

- - - Updated - - -

Take a chill-pill mate.

I think that creature crawled from the depths of Tumblr... We must kill it with fire! Also bump I wanna know too, I look forward to the next video or experimental release. Whichever comes first :p

It's something I have noticed in every single Unity game that offers "unlimited" building, 7 Days, Kerbal Space Program, Empyrion, Planet Explorers and more that I can't recall the names of just now, (Yes, I'm a sucker for survival/crafting games :p) but as soon as a certain point of complexity is reached, the engine chokes and framerate drops.

,,, plenty of ram free, no cpu cores are even close to being maxed, generally over half the vram is free and the graphicscard is not being utilized nearly fully.

What is not as easy to measure is the speed with which data is moved around in a computer. For one thing the speed with which you access data from the hard disk might have a big influence on the performance. So as Gepps said, if you don't have an SSD yet, get one. But once you have the fastest SSD there are limits how much your internal SATA or PCIe bus system can transfer. SATA3 aka SATA 6G's limit is about 500MB/s. Modern SSDs are already slowed down by that, you need a M.2 SSD and a suitable motherboard to go beyond that. If you don't even have SATA 6G, well, a SSD would still help, but not that much.

But also the speed with which data gets from RAM to CPU or back, i.e. caches and internal bus speeds might be limits for a game that needs to process so much data. Sadly to raise these limits (IF they are the bottleneck) you would have to buy a server CPU like Threatripper or Intel Xeon. Generally it helps to have a modern motherboard, which usually gets you at least slightly better internal busses, latest tech RAM (DDR4), PCIe, M.2

So my advice would be: If you have an older motherboard and some spare cash, even if the CPU and GPU look like they can handle everything, get a new motherboard with M.2 interface, not the slowest RAM, any affordable mid-range Zen or Intel CPU will do and probably your old GPU as well.

So does anyone know what will happen to your character upon death? Since the wellness system is being readjusted/replaced. Will your max health/stamina get reduced as it is in A16?

Specifics are unknown but it will involve the new attribute stats which will make the penalty for dying quite a bit more onerous than they are currently. The devs don’t want dying to be trivial enough to be used as a kind of strategy...

Specifics are unknown but it will involve the new attribute stats which will make the penalty for dying quite a bit more onerous than they are currently. The devs don’t want dying to be trivial enough to be used as a kind of strategy...

Glad to see this part. Right now the easiest way to get rid of a broken leg or infection is just to die and get it over with. Couple meat stews and your max health is back to what it was.

Please stop the bull♥♥♥♥ comments on this section no one cares about how the game is running on your computer. I get constant 80-90 FPS on a 2560x1080 wide monitor with GTX 1060 3 gb and i5 . I just turn off the shadows and everything works perfect.Just go work and if you love so much 7 DTD buy a new rig ♥♥♥♥♥♥. You all are just cry baby. I like this game so much im happy with Alpha 16.4 too. If you criticise and wants Alpha 17 faster then go and donate 10$ million and they will relase it the next day you idiots. I come on Alpha 17 developer diary to read news i dont wanna see your bull♥♥♥♥ here about how the game is running on your ♥♥♥♥ti computer

Wow so many red love hearts in one post and its not even valentines day... you go Mr romantic you....

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to see this part. Right now the easiest way to get rid of a broken leg or infection is just to die and get it over with. Couple meat stews and your max health is back to what it was.

Nah there is 3 easier ways...

1. Don't fall off a 2cm drop make sure it is over a meter and you be fine and won't suffer a broken leg

2. Use creative to get splints.

3. Make a splint and wallah broken leg fixed lol

I never understood the whole committing suicide to get rid of a negative effect thing, nothing currently available is so bad that it can't be temporarily dealt with while you search for a remedy.

I never understood the whole committing suicide to get rid of a negative effect thing, nothing currently available is so bad that it can't be temporarily dealt with while you search for a remedy.

Some use it as a teleport to home. But i feel the same way. Why play the game if you are gonna cheat on yourself.

Cheers

Ah good to hear! Yeah it makes sense, else people will start using suicide as a teleportation mechanism..

Thanks for the info!

Ah good to hear! Yeah it makes sense, else people will start using suicide as a teleportation mechanism..

Thanks for the info!

I don't know about you but I hate dying, losing 10 of your maximum health SUCKS!

@Faatal How do you feel about survival difficulty being scaled with level of game difficulty, as you ratchet up the game difficulty resources become more scarce. levels require more experience, loot is more rare, you get less wood and ores, etc you get the point, instead of how it is now where all levels of game difficulty are the same for survival and the only thing that is harder are enemies.

Similarly, a zombie spider could sleep on the ceiling in the form of a sleeping zombie and attack from above when the player under it passes. It would be a cool moment horror and an improvement in atmospheric conditions.

Please make this happen, pretty please??

Wow so many red love hearts in one post and its not even valentines day... you go Mr romantic you....

- - - Updated - - -

Nah there is 3 easier ways...

1. Don't fall off a 2cm drop make sure it is over a meter and you be fine and won't suffer a broken leg

2. Use creative to get splints.

3. Make a splint and wallah broken leg fixed lol

Dont

--------------------------------------------------------------

Stay cool and let people play as they wish.

Death is Death (maybe with fallback points at lvl 30,90,150)

Is for me the only "right" way to play.

But Thank God!

I am not you nor you are me.

@Roland

How do you feel about my current guidance for a May experimental release, ridiculous or plausible?

It's either ridiculously plausible or plausibly ridiculous.

Speed is what drives some of the players of this game. Even before experience was a thing we had people racing to reinforced concrete trying to be at what passed for top level back then by the fourth or fifth day-- and this was before weekly horde nights or tiers of quality on gear. Some people just like to race and for them being slowed down by a broken leg or having to travel by foot 2km back to base is the worst punishment imaginable and nothing a little bit of death and easy recovery can't fix.

Using death to min/max time is just another facet of that whole gem of a gameplay style....

It's either ridiculously plausible or plausibly ridiculous.

Speed is what drives some of the players of this game. Even before experience was a thing we had people racing to reinforced concrete trying to be at what passed for top level back then by the fourth or fifth day-- and this was before weekly horde nights or tiers of quality on gear. Some people just like to race and for them being slowed down by a broken leg or having to travel by foot 2km back to base is the worst punishment imaginable and nothing a little bit of death and easy recovery can't fix.

Using death to min/max time is just another facet of that whole gem of a gameplay style....

Thanks for clearing out this will be changed. Not only that, but it ruins gameplay in coop and PVP as players do not evolve equal.. Just as Xeen, to be honest, never came to my mind players did that till now. Keep up good work boys.

I don't think people suicide to quickly remove nasty buffs because it's the quickest route, I think they do it because the nasty buffs make the game not fun.

Broken leg, reduced speed and can't jump. Yawn. More tedium.

Infected, reduced stamina, ergo reduced speed and more tedious whacks to get things done. Yawn.

I'd rather these buffs have negative effects that still kept gameplay fun.

I don't think people suicide to quickly remove nasty buffs because it's the quickest route, I think they do it because the nasty buffs make the game not fun.

Broken leg, reduced speed and can't jump. Yawn. More tedium.

Infected, reduced stamina, ergo reduced speed and more tedious whacks to get things done. Yawn.

I'd rather these buffs have negative effects that still kept gameplay fun.

But how? What negative effect of a broken leg would still be fun?

Cheers

Archived