Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

It really isn't that hard to modify rwgmixer.xml to get different results. Near the bottom you can even completely hack out certain biomes by commenting a single line.

True, true... but you do know that the difference between the northern and southern hemisphere are not biome, but where the sun is located and what the moon looks like? And stars, I suppose.

I'm not worried. I've done AI before and this stuff is fun.

That's good to know. Chances are with you pimping up the AI, horde nights will be truly fatal and the game will live up to its name even more!

The Dark Crystal mod overhaul confirmed! Can't wait to be a Gelfling!!!

Or a Skeksis, hehe.

Gun mods sound awesome. Do you guys know if there are any limitations in the xml, or would we be able to add mods to, say, a club as well or would it being a different class void that ability?

I'm pretty sure this mod/buff system works on almost everything. I could be wrong, but it sounds like there will be separate xmls for all these buffs/mods and they can be applied to melee weapons, tools, clothing, armor, vehicles, blocks, and anything that can be put into inventory. Devs said "All mods use a single item id# but allow for 30,000+ variable mods possible"

So another question is can the melee and gun mods be mixed with some xml tweaking? I want a sledgehammer that blast shotgun shells on impact and a AK47 with a machete bayonet!

Its not good to assume things...

Well, I can safely assume that you misspelled it's* in your sentence haha.

How in the hell you dare saying something like this? I swear to god i'll kill everyone who rises that ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ bar

If you intend to murder members from TFP raising the bar then there won't be anybody left to finish the game haha.

True, true... but you do know that the difference between the northern and southern hemisphere are not biome, but where the sun is located and what the moon looks like? And stars, I suppose.

And don't forget which direction the water rotates when you flush. :p

Diablo 3 was in alpha for what? 12 years?

And still was kinda meh until the first big expansion hit 1 or 2 years later.

You can't rush The Fun Pimps,

Nobody can rush The Fun Pimps,

Take the cold from snow, tell the trees, don't grow,

Tell the wind don't blow, 'cause it's easier.

BAM! Take this HP bar! Now go down and stay down... no one steps between me and my next 7 days release

Diablo 3 was in alpha for what? 12 years?

And still was kinda meh until the first big expansion hit 1 or 2 years later.

You can't rush The Fun Pimps,

Nobody can rush The Fun Pimps,

Take the cold from snow, tell the trees, don't grow,

Tell the wind don't blow, 'cause it's easier.

Tell the fire to stop a burning,

Tell the sea to stop a churning,

Tell the fun pimps to OMG hurry up cuz I got this spastic behavioral disorder and OMG its getting worse!

Then you just not a learning.

Gun mods sound awesome. Do you guys know if there are any limitations in the xml, or would we be able to add mods to, say, a club as well or would it being a different class void that ability?

Yes. In fact there will just be a basic club and then mods of barb wire, spikes, etc. to add in to make it a barbed club or a spiked club or...I guess...a barbed spikes club. Moderate could then add their own mods into the mix to make it a barbed spiked club of fire damage and vampiric stamina regeneration +4.

We are talking about mods, dlc. but I am interested to know do we get more of "Scrappable" items, like door nobs. Most big mod add lot of junk like keyboard, mouse, etc as junk to scrap and then get plastic or electrical parts, Wondering if such thing will be in A17. Along with more Construction shapes. Love to make a old fashion Castle if shapes for it is added.

Yes. In fact there will just be a basic club and then mods of barb wire, spikes, etc. to add in to make it a barbed club or a spiked club or...I guess...a barbed spikes club. Moderate could then add their own mods into the mix to make it a barbed spiked club of fire damage and vampiric stamina regeneration +4.

Oh yesss!

Gimme one of those clubs from Dead Island, with the rotating saw blade!

9 months and 3 days since A16 was released.. I wonder if we will reach a 12-month development cycle.

I hope so, the longer it takes the more chance they will add something good. Without having to wait another year for A18 or B1... etc

All we hear is foundation, foundation, foundation, its time to build the house, hopefully, maybe, ehh who am i kidding..

Roland -

I'd like to try a HUD-less forum...

-A

that would be similar to a hidden road we keep seeing signs to watch out for.... trouble is... i never seen a hidden road to know what it looks like. so if the forum was HUD-less, then there is nothing to see. :)

that would be similar to a hidden road we keep seeing signs to watch out for.... trouble is... i never seen a hidden road to know what it looks like. so if the forum was HUD-less, then there is nothing to see. :)

Hidden roads? :playful:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24149[/ATTACH]

I hope so, the longer it takes the more chance they will add something good. Without having to wait another year for A18 or B1... etc

All we hear is foundation, foundation, foundation, its time to build the house, hopefully, maybe, ehh who am i kidding..

the plan is, modders will build the house

I think gun parts should stay in as a craftable items but not as loot. Full guns only as loot.

But again it could be looked at the mess we had with Wood, Logs, Sticks, planks, etc now we just have wood. Maybe getting rid of them was a good idea.

If crafting guns is back in or comming back I think there should be a new gun crafting table that has to be unlocked, using this for repairs. Repairing guns in the field can be a difficult job with out the right tools and parts. Be nice if the guns randomly jammed as well, higher quality ones less likely.

Archived