Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

There’s plenty of that. This thread drips with horizontal communication.

lol. I was talking about between the devs, not us. :)

But really I just wish that things were back then. When we heard more about what was going on.

There was a lot more vertical communication in those days...

Im not sure if this was talked about, but maybe a dev can inform me. But is the red progress bar for stable or experimental?

Experimental.

Once experimental starts I'll replace the fat red hp bar with a thin blue xp bar.... :)

lol. I was talking about between the devs, not us. :)

Oh yes. They chatter incessantly. Gazz posts five times the puns, double entendres, and pop culture reference humor remarks as he does here. I keep telling Joel to stop laughing as it just encourages him....

Oh yes. They chatter incessantly. Gazz posts five times the puns, double entendres, and pop culture reference humor remarks as he does here. I keep telling Joel to stop laughing as it just encourages him....

Can you make since of anything he says? :)

Experimental.

Once experimental starts I'll replace the fat red hp bar with a thin blue xp bar.... :)

Ah, Blue! So Pink was a red herring all along!

Edit: On a side note its election day in Russia. Their voter participation is amazing, often exceeding 100% in some areas. Which shows even the dead in Russia are patriotic!

#ZombiesAreVotersToo

Thx for answers.One more question if u allowd me..After experimental series we need to wipe when the stable version release or than will be fine and just update..Thx

It is recommended, since some files will be replaced, it could cause bugs, so new start (with wipe) is for good.

Dear Fun Pimps,

Please see this video on Unity AI :

"How many AI Agents can Unity handle?"

Please give us mooooooooore zombie.

This is an area of contention for me.

I like the idea of more unique zombies that are higher quality with more interesting characteristics.

Massive numbers of zerging zombies do nothing but crash frame rates and are boring as hell because you treat them all the same, using the old spray them with the AK 47 until they all die approach, or explosive crossbow bolts with the old one explosive bolt to kill anything in it's range, worst of all those of us with excellent aim the old shoot them in the head until they die approach, I'm tired of it.

I would prefer zombies with unique weakness characteristics of various types, this one dimensional "one bullet to kill them all" design puts me to sleep.

Fun pimps can and should do better.

A whole year for a patch...and next patch takes 2 years

If it means full release of the game, i won't mind. I love this game so much, started in A15 so pretty late, even though i watched streams of it before.

A16 though a fluke on many aspects in my opinion, was setting the ground for the future development of the game, and it was still incredible in it's own right (distant POIs, best addition this game could ask for imho, though it still needs tweeking :p).

edit : 100th post Wuuut

I would prefer zombies with unique weakness characteristics of various types, this one dimensional "one bullet to kill them all" design puts me to sleep.

Fun pimps can and should do better.

Keep in mind that bandits should eventually become real thing in the standard game. That will add a lot to the dynamics.

Question for devs or people who realy know about it.

After A17 launch we need to restart the game or will be a way to convert the actual world with the new things..i know I can wipe the server and keep all players level...or i just need to wipe at all everything... Thanks in advance !!!

I'm 99.99999999999..% sure you will have to wipe. This Alpha has too many changes to things like item ids, etc for there to be any realistic chance of loading an old save.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI: The devs of 7 Days to Die communicate directly with the devs of Unity so they are pretty well in the loop and know what it can do. (Although they ironically have similar complaints about communication with their devs as you all have for your devs....lol)

Apparently, there’s never enough vertical communication no matter what level you are operating at.

But I would be willing to bet they don't go onto their devs forums and post "Is it done yet?" 50 times a week.

Archived