Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

All we hear is foundation, foundation, foundation, its time to build the house, hopefully, maybe, ehh who am i kidding..

Currently building a foundation, or rather, slab, is about the most effective early-to-mid base you can have. A couple of trap doors 20ish blocks from each other and you spend most of your hiding time far from the trapdoors...z's spin on the featureless surface above you doing little to no damage.

For the extremely material poor, use an existing road. Great from night 1 onward until you get to ludicrous game stages.

So, yeah, why not foundation, foundation, foundation!?

(/sarcasm mixed with /truth)

Hey Roland, with the Gyrocopter are you going to fly to your island fortress and laugh at the zombies trying to get to you when the update is up?

My answer to this would only enrage those who hate that others have earlier access than them so I shall refrain.

Two hours: Proof there is no adequate reply to this.

....or it could just be that enough regulars happened to be sucking on a tic-tac just then and choked...

honestly don't know him well enough to joke tastelessly. first thing I thought of is his ex's nickname for him must have been "my little tictac..." at least it would be minty fresh

My answer to this would only enrage those who hate that others have earlier access than them so I shall refrain.

Well you and Big Al Jones have fun now. Don't worry about us. We will just sit around here and try to entertain ourselves by looking at the HP bar, um do stuff and watching paint dry...

Warning: boring alert.

Visible damage but no health bar!

It would be awesome if the number of hitpoints information in the healthbar was gated behind a perk, that allows seing both armor and health by number, like the "living anatomy" perk in Fallout New Vegas.

I'm a bit late on this (mainly lurk here and post on Steam) but I wanted to give my viewpoint.

IMHO there IS a solution to get that added info (with or without PERKS) AND not ruin the game by making it too much "arcadey".

It would entail more work for the artist guys @TFP though.

My idea is to add visual / visible cues directly on the BODY of zombies (or NPCs) you hit.

The more damage they receive the more scars, holes, bleeding you will see.

I think this could both be enough to know if your enemy is dying and be more immersive without the need to add health bars.

... what you guys think?

I'm a bit late on this (mainly lurk here and post on Steam) but I wanted to give my viewpoint.

IMHO there IS a solution to get that added info (with or without PERKS) AND not ruin the game by making it too much "arcadey".

It would entail more work for the artist guys @TFP though.

My idea is to add visual / visible cues directly on the BODY of zombies (or NPCs) you hit.

The more damage they receive the more scars, holes, bleeding you will see.

I think this could both be enough to know if your enemy is dying and be more immersive without the need to add health bars.

... what you guys think?

+1 Great immersion in gameplay

love the idea of whole in zombie body !!! you can shoot other zombie behind him from whole in his stomach !!!

The spine must be in the whole cuz i dont think the muscles and tissues have the ability to ride the torso without the spine lol

love the idea of whole in zombie body !!! you can shoot other zombie behind him from whole in his stomach !!!

The spine must be in the whole cuz i dont think the muscles and tissues have the ability to ride the torso without the spine lol

Add to that the splatter effect that bullets have exiting the body and you got yourself a real mess. Plus chances of infection if you happen to be in the path of exiting matter and get splattered.

Add to that the splatter effect that bullets have exiting the body and you got yourself a real mess. Plus chances of infection if you happen to be in the path of exiting matter and get splattered.

If you use a knife or machette you could get infected by squishy tissues and blood flyin around. With clubs and its mods you get less chance. With high ranged weapon you get none. Good , goood.

Archived