Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I know there are some people who love building homes and others that dont. I wonder if that in future there could be a prefab house you could pick it places down a ghost image of it and a flag, open the flag it is shows what is needed to build the house in materials, you go get the materials and it will make the house for you when you drop the items in.

Obviously you would need basic houses and advanced ones but something the modders could use.

I personaly love building houses but the idea came from a friend who hates the idea.

I loved building in the graveyard as you have a protective wall around you so if a horde of dogs came across you have a basic protection when building your home. But the zombies started to respawn in the basement (if I built one) and land claim placement did not stop them from respawning. I dont know if this was by design or if its now fixed but not tried building since A15 in a graveyard.

Roland -

I'd like to try a HUD-less forum...

-A

Impossible. There is information in the HUD that is critical to simulate poster senses they would have in real life that they don’t have in the forums. Without the HUD we’d have more console players asking when A17 is coming to XB1 for crying out loud and others would wonder all the time when the last time there was any news....

True, true... but you do know that the difference between the northern and southern hemisphere are not biome, but where the sun is located and what the moon looks like? And stars, I suppose.

Well, since the blood moon looks very different from our nothern hemisphere moon it is obvious Navezgane is already in the southern hemisphere. Dooh.

Gun mods sound awesome. Do you guys know if there are any limitations in the xml, or would we be able to add mods to, say, a club as well or would it being a different class void that ability?

More interesting would be mods for zombies. I'd like a "Fido"-mod that lets me delegate farming to my pet zombie.

But again it could be looked at the mess we had with Wood, Logs, Sticks, planks, etc now we just have wood. Maybe getting rid of them was a good idea.

I think you made a good comparison there. The gun parts are an unnecessary mechanic of the game. I've wasted too much micromanaging the gun parts for what, to get a slightly better stat? I'd rather have a safe full of different guns with different mods attached and have a hard time deciding which one I want to use on this horde. "Silent and long range, or loud and high dps." Right now it's machete and sniper, don't need anything else.

If crafting guns is back in or comming back I think there should be a new gun crafting table that has to be unlocked, using this for repairs. Repairing guns in the field can be a difficult job with out the right tools and parts. Be nice if the guns randomly jammed as well, higher quality ones less likely.

You'll probably see that in a mod but I'm not sure if it should be in the vanilla game. I'd like to see guns just be loot and for sale at traders. But I'd like to see that be balanced also. Right now I end up with a crate full of pistols before I can find the first revolver.

Guns do jam, that is what happens when the durability is wore down. At least that is my take on it.

Even before playing one second I have the game destroying bug in A17!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24150[/ATTACH]

Its a Scorpion Fly and it will eat human corpses faster than you can blink! My character will bred these buggers as they are harmless to the living.

WIN!! I win! I win! I Win Win Win! :)

Edit: That thing in the back? Its not a stinger... I'll just say he's definitely a male... and he's hoping for a zombie Apocalypse!

Even before playing one second I have the game destroying bug in A17!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24150[/ATTACH]

Its a Scorpion Fly and it will eat human corpses faster than you can blink! My character will bred these buggers as they are harmless to the living.

WIN!! I win! I win! I Win Win Win! :)...

giphy.gif

Just in case..

Diablo 3 was in alpha for what? 12 years?

And still was kinda meh until the first big expansion hit 1 or 2 years later.

You can't rush The Fun Pimps,

Nobody can rush The Fun Pimps,

Take the cold from snow, tell the trees, don't grow,

Tell the wind don't blow, 'cause it's easier.

Interesting, that's very interesting. I think i am being trolled by GAZZ.

GAZZ would never defend Rollands HP Bar.

Would he?

Interesting.... We are living at odd times.

Diablo 3 was in alpha for 12 years? Where was i sleeping all that time?

Archived