Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Man, some of that made me SAD :(

I loved when I first started playing trying to "figure out" a recipe. I resisted the wiki page so hard. It was so fun. Before I could lock doors or chests I built walls and false walls in my base and spread my loot around. I would come back some walls destroyed and minor losses(But oh boy did people get the mother load a few times) . I love the look of everything now but I still pine for those days when I had not even explored a lot of the top of the map in Navesgane. I still play the crap out of though lol

I definitely disagree with this change idea; one, I like the look but two, more importantly, it's would make it MUCH harder to see what's broken after cop spit.

Hide your wires in an attic, crawl or walls. =)

I make little holes in a series, you can run the wire through several blocks. I put in the relay, 2 blocks down, a ladder above that to hold the hatch above that. If cops explode right on it the splash damage can bypass the hatch at times and get the relay, but it works 99% of the time for me.

edit: holes lol

More Poi's, more tools on shape selecting, more vehicles, more weapons mods (A17), more deer (male and female A17), more variety in shapes and sizes of towns, an extra town in navezgane, more traders, more sky scrapers, more electricity, more crucible, more sway, more ambience. :)

And one of the most enjoyed: More mining!

The below was a 20,000+ nitrate mine (including the gravel). It was like Christmas every time I dug out the gravel and found yet another layer of nitrate. I don't know if it was two nitrate mines or what but I was VERY happy about MORE! :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23472[/ATTACH]

The below was a 20,000+ nitrate mine (including the gravel). It was like Christmas every time I dug out the gravel and found yet another layer of nitrate. I don't know if it was two nitrate mines or what but I was VERY happy about MORE! :)

Nice. always a happy surprise when you hit a mother load like that.

Any chance we can make the following change to Electricity.

Only show the wires when the Wire tool is in your hand. otherwise hide them. they currently make a house look like a spider web

Just use stapler gun and attach cable on walls for nicer look. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23473[/ATTACH]

I make little holes in a series, you can run the wire through several blocks. I put in the relay, 2 blocks down, a ladder above that to hold the hatch above that. If cops explode right on it the splash damage can bypass the hatch at times and get the relay, but it works 99% of the time for me.

edit: holes lol

I do find acid has no problem bypassing blocks to get to my relays, so I've stopped putting them in concrete walls.

More Poi's, more tools on shape selecting, more vehicles, more weapons mods (A17), more deer (male and female A17), more variety in shapes and sizes of towns, an extra town in navezgane, more traders, more sky scrapers, more electricity, more crucible, more sway, more ambience. :)

Hey, we're both right! High five! :high5:

My examples were to point out how it's not unusual for them to give us less, and it doesn't necessarily make things worse when they do.

All we know is that wellness will be removed. Since they're no longer discussing features in progress, we can't debate the pros and cons of the new system until it's a done deal. Unfortunately, that only leaves a couple potential reactions: "Do whatever you want, we trust you!" and "Don't take away my wellness; I like wellness!"

Hey, we're both right! High five! :high5:

My examples were to point out how it's not unusual for them to give us less, and it doesn't necessarily make things worse when they do.

All we know is that wellness will be removed. Since they're no longer discussing features in progress, we can't debate the pros and cons of the new system until it's a done deal. Unfortunately, that only leaves a couple potential reactions: "Do whatever you want, we trust you!" and "Don't take away my wellness; I like wellness!"

I know and it wasn't a jab or anything just wanted to point out the other side of the coin so to speak.

I definitely disagree with [hiding wires unless the wire tool is equipped]; one, I like the look but two, more importantly, it's would make it MUCH harder to see what's broken after cop spit.

Hide your wires in an attic, crawl or walls. =)

I can just imagine Roland's response to this, if he took the same philosophy on wires that he took on HUD elements. Which would be...

You only need to see the wires when you're dealing with wires. It doesn't matter what state the wires are in all the time; it only matters when you're changing that state. So I don't need to see the wires taking up space cluttering things up. I can always stop what I'm doing and pull out the wire tool if I'm not sure.

If a wire breaks, VFX and SFX give plenty of warning. And if they're not enough, and you don't notice that the wires are gone, that just enhances the experience of being in a stressful situation. In fact, you don't need to see the wires while the tool's equipped, either. If you want to know if there's a wire there, you can test it any time by using the wire tool on the power source to check. Then and only then do the wires really need to draw.

I don't agree with this, by the way. I just like putting words in Roland's mouth. :rofl:

I can just imagine Roland's response to this, if he took the same philosophy on wires that he took on HUD elements. Which would be...

I don't agree with this, by the way. I just like putting words in Roland's mouth. :rofl:

"You only need to see the government when you're dealing with governments. It doesn't matter what state the governments are in all the time; it only matters when you're changing that state. So I don't need to see the government taking up space cluttering things up. I can always stop what I'm doing and pull out the guillotine if I'm not sure.

If a government breaks, VFX and SFX give plenty of warning. And if they're not enough, and you don't notice that the government are gone, that just enhances the experience of being in a stressful situation. In fact, you don't need to see the government while the tool's equipped, either. If you want to know if there's a government there, you can test it any time by using the government tool on the power source to check. Then and only then do the government really need to be seen."

By the Queen's beard!

I think you've just invented a new sport :-)

Will we get the update before Xmas? or even better... on Xmas...

This is very important, so pay attention, okay?

We will know the date when we get the post in the discussion board that says "update is up" or " Alpha 17 is up" . Until then, we get the form response of "when it is done" or "soon".

Okay, in all seriousness, we never know which suits me fine. I hate to read that it will be on such and such date then a day or so before or even on that date get the notice that it will be delayed. Let me know when it is out and ready to play, until then, the most I want is, " we are still working on it" or something along that line.

Saves being all excited before it is releases and disappointed when told it won't be.

Current Wellness system removed?

I just saw this on the first page of this forum. Any ideas as to the new wellness system going in?

"There is no new wellness or old wellness. There is only a single wellness system in the game and it is being dropped for A17. If there are discussions speculating about wellness by community members causing confusion then just disregard those. In the video Madmole said we are getting rid of wellness. He said there would be a new comprehensive buff system as well as a new health and stamina system.

So wellness as we know it is being dropped and the new systems that will take over will not be a single replacement system that is a synonym to wellness. In other words, "Fortitude" does not equal "Wellness"

I think I made it pretty simple. Wellness is dropped. Period."

by Roland

That would be sweet. I normally depend on surface rocks for the potassium.

You sure you didn’t time travel to the future and get this? It sounds a little too much like Roland. Haha

Now THATS ridiculous. Wires all over the place and scrap metal siding are the “bomb dot com”. If I could decorate by having piles of mechanical parts heaped up in corners I’d be even happier.

Gritty is good!

Now THATS ridiculous. Wires all over the place and scrap metal siding are the “bomb dot com”. If I could decorate by having piles of mechanical parts heaped up in corners I’d be even happier.

Gritty is good!

So, the Mad Max'ier, the hap hap happier? :)

I'd take a special POI with that look. Some group like the white wash clan or whoever the good guys are. If I could hang out in their HQ and help defend it would be cool.

Archived