Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Its a jet engine I believe, with an over-the-top afterburner (a crowd pleaser I'm sure).

I see one fuel tank in the rear probably one on each side. He has just enough for a drag race or kill himself which ever come first.

But the most important thing, he has a mining helmet! :)

Yeah, yeah, I know it's just a flash in the background. Sadly.

I'd rather wonder what kind of engine it is.

A combustion engine works by doing the combustion thing inside of the engine.

This is more of a motorised flamethrower where the fuel is not primarily used for propelling the vehicle.

You're thinking of an internal combustion engine. That's an external combustion engine.

:p

Except the ice cream trucks would drive around and try to run you down/shoot you twisted metal style...while laughing all the way.

My logo in BF1 is a skeleton clown face with a big red nose & I was playing driving around an armored car. Another player spawned on my vehicle & his friend asked him where he was on the Battlefield, he said:

I don't know, I just know I spawned in a Clown Car. My Logo was on the side of the door.

Oh yeah. With an actual jet engine that makes a lot more sense.

"Normal" jet engines dont have that kind of exhaust but afterburners can. And if fuel efficiency is no issue whatsoever... Gentleman, clear for takeoff! =)

I'm wondering what is keeping it from moving, the guy does not look like he's enjoying himself. Probably thinking: "This time she's going to explode." Weeee! :)

I'm wondering what is keeping it from moving, the guy does not look like he's enjoying himself. Probably thinking: "This time she's going to explode." Weeee! :)

The Bike trow out pure fuel that ignites far behind the bike, thats nearly the same as if you use a big waterpistol to move a vehicle.

The propulsion of a jet engine comes from the expansion INSIDE the engine and so the directional extreme stream the engine can throw out.

I'd rather wonder what kind of engine it is.

A combustion engine works by doing the combustion thing inside of the engine.

This is more of a motorised flamethrower where the fuel is not primarily used for propelling the vehicle.

You should check out jet engines. google jet engines in afterburner. Very cool. ;)

Aren't UMA's going away though? MM keeps saying he's replacing UMA's.... hm.

"We're replacing all the UMA npcs with regular models"

Looking at new vehicle physics and new mocap on player, we could expect this new replecaments in A17, maybe not all of them but it will be the beginning to something cooler. Hell yea.

If I don't see the hunger/thirst bars on screen then I don't know whether I'm hungry or thirsty ingame. As a result I feel compelled to repeatedly open the character page to find out.

So not having these bars on the main hud is less immersive.

But that's just me.

There is no logical explanation for why it is this or that way. It just is.

This in a nut shell.

Hey Gazz, saying there is no logical explanation for why it is better to have hunger/thirst bars on , a quiestion popped in my mind.

Do you use the digits to show you how much you can go and do, not taking care of these, while you do your daily missions ?

Supporter of both on/off options but depending on difficulty ;)

It's bad enough we have a chat box that can't seem to stay up longer than Grandpa at a cathouse. Knowing how things seem to work out a fading hunger bar would be a disaster in execution.

Bawhahahahaha and so flipping true.

- - - Updated - - -

A hunger or Thirst bar I don't need them on all the time. Just pop up at 25% and stay on for anything below that. More times than not, I fill them both up that point any how. 25% is a good marker point imo, even if I'm cold. >.> Have the audio cues start at that point as well and then 1 more time at 10, no need for them to play that often. again imo.

I would prefer they always were there but if we went this route I would like showing at 50%. Mainly because I am not always around my base where the food is and I don't have room to carry food and drink in that little backpack that is standard in the game.

I think some of you have been keeping your food bar topped off for so long it hasn’t been since the sound effect was implemented that you’ve actually listened to it. It’s not that bad and is in fact necessary for playing with invisible hud. It’s the only indicator at all for hunger and thirst.

So let’s leave it in.

Rollie Trollie there are so many sound effects from low stamina and weather that I finally started to tune them all out. Not on purpose either it just happened cause all my toon does it moan and groan about something.

+Replace gun parts with attachable modifications

Does that mean i can attach a m203 grenade launcher with a bipod onto my mp5. With an acog sight and a foldable stock. Not to mention dual mags and a flashlight/laser combo on top of my mp5. With a fore grip attached behind the m203 launcher and the being barrel is 8.9 inches long with a military grade suppressor. And not to mention a cool ass pistol grip?

https://imgur.com/a/nrBki

Don't forget the poonade launcher!

(And welcome to the forums!)

My only fear with returning the bars is that they might decide to remove the sound effects and that would wreck invisible HUD play. As long as they keep the audio cues in I’m happy to use a mod that removes the bars

So now we see why you were debating so hard for it to stay gone. This is why we need an options of both ways. Or just keep the sounds. I have became really good at turning them out. LOL

** I was going to make that a rep comment but I am out of reps again**

Real funny video right here.

Just in case your still feeling let down about last weeks video being a no-show.

Enjoy! ;)

Notice that the Q button is no longer used to drop items! Honestly, this made my day. I still remember how funny it was to watch MM drop his bow when this video was new.

So now we see why you were debating so hard for it to stay gone. This is why we need an options of both ways. Or just keep the sounds. I have became really good at turning them out. LOL

** I was going to make that a rep comment but I am out of reps again**

Why bring a convo back that has been burnt out and exhausted lol. Everyone had moved on. And the topic had died

Because I wanted to. :p

Because I was that far behind and just got my pallet of catsup. :p

Because it must have annoyed you enough to ask. :p :p

Lol nah didn't annoy me just makes me think your trolling and not Rolland lol :-P. Its simple. Food and water not in so you can mod it in problem fixed and solution found.

And sheesh get with the times that was last century news........

Archived