Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I am not gonna play PvP for weeks to get upto the ability to get an auger lol. I might just get someone to build a sky dong lol on my server and we will go from there....

You need to test it in a proper PVP environment. It's not going to be the same in a controlled environment when you don't have to worry about the owners or other players.

Build a 20x20 tower full steel walls with a 5 pit. Make it totally hollow and a room at the map height limit. spikes at bedrock. Hatch elevator access at surface level to the sky. Set LCB protection to 32x and / or 16x and see how long it takes you to make stairs out of the walls. There isn't another way in. If you do find another way in then please let me know because you will be discovering something that nobody else on the server i play on has yet.

Bare in mind as well, this isn't even as hard as it gets. When you add turrets, trap rooms, and even a 10 wide pit with 2 draw bridges it gets even more exciting... if you consider unraidable to be exciting.

You need to test it in a proper PVP environment. It's not going to be the same in a controlled environment when you don't have to worry about the owners logging in.

Build a 20x20 tower full steel walls with a 5 pit. Make it totally hollow and a room at the map height limit. spikes at bedrock. Hatch elevator access at ground level to the sky. Set LCB protection to 32x and / or 16x and see how long it takes you to make stairs out of the walls. There isn't another way in. If you do find another way in then please let me know because you will be discovering something that nobody else on the server i play on has yet.

Bare in mind as well, this isn't even as hard as it gets. When you add turrets, trap rooms, and even a 10 wide pit with 2 draw bridges it gets even more exciting... if you consider unraidable to be exciting.

Lmao is there even loot in this game worth all this defense haha.. jokes controlled environment will still prove it can or can't be done lol. Regardless if the owner logs in. Once a way can be done to get into it. The same process can be done when owner logs in.. or you know work out when the owner isn't on local and you can take your time......

How about edit the blocks

Add a new 20 000 Hp block eating much steel and coal

and then Downgrade

20 000 Hp Block -> 12 000 Stainless Steel Block -> 10 000 STeel Block -> 6000 Reinforced Concrete Block -> 3000 Concrete Block

=51 000 instead of 31000 HP

If you need more make a new material the Tools have no bonus on, or raise the hardness of the new block

This way you can find your golden spot between raidabllity and defendability.

And simply forbid Hatch lifts, if a admin see a Hatch lift he "SuperDigger" his base

i go with Vanilla values but every player can have a inpenetrable 5x5x3 Room or/with 3 inpenetrable Safes on a Pillar to Bedrock

How about edit the blocks

Add a new 20 000 Hp block eating much steel and coal

and then Downgrade

20 000 Hp Block -> 12 000 Stainless Steel Block -> 10 000 STeel Block -> 6000 Reinforced Concrete Block -> 3000 Concrete Block

=51 000 instead of 31000 HP

If you need more make a new material the Tools have no bonus on, or raise the hardness of the new block

This way you can find your golden spot between raidabllity and defendability.

And simply forbid Hatch lifts, if a admin see a Hatch lift he "SuperDigger" his base

i go with Vanilla values but every player can have a inpenetrable 5x5x3 Room or/with 3 inpenetrable Safes on a Pillar to Bedrock

I really like this idea! Gunna suggest it to the admins.

I like the idea of a x2 or x4 protection bonus only but every player has an almost impenetrable room with one safe in. Not sure how hard it would be to police on a 40 man server.

+Replace gun parts with attachable modifications

Does that mean i can attach a m203 grenade launcher with a bipod onto my mp5. With an acog sight and a foldable stock. Not to mention dual mags and a flashlight/laser combo on top of my mp5. With a fore grip attached behind the m203 launcher and the being barrel is 8.9 inches long with a military grade suppressor. And not to mention a cool ass pistol grip?

https://imgur.com/a/nrBki

Does that mean i can attach a m203 grenade launcher with a bipod onto my mp5. With an acog sight and a foldable stock. Not to mention dual mags and a flashlight/laser combo on top of my mp5. With a fore grip attached behind the m203 launcher and the being barrel is 8.9 inches long with a military grade suppressor. And not to mention a cool ass pistol grip?

Before they add that, they add a max weight of 20 Kg per player.

The gun would have 15 Kg^^

WTH? No flamethrower attachment and dual mags instead of dual drums?

And what about LCB modifier not decreasing damage but multiplying HP of blocks in area?

With 1000x claim strengh steel is not 10 000HP but 10 000 000 and tools made normal damage. Its anoying see how steel pickaxe lvl600 with miner69 5/5 and mining 100/100 do just 1hp damage.

Sorry about my bad english.

And what about LCB modifier not decreasing damage but multiplying HP of blocks in area?

With 1000x claim strengh steel is not 10 000HP but 10 000 000 and tools made normal damage. Its anoying see how steel pickaxe lvl600 with miner69 5/5 and mining 100/100 do just 1hp damage.

Sorry about my bad english.

The question is why would you change that, what do you want to archive ?

all Values >31 000 are maybe problematic for the engine

I was in the Destroyed Biome & noticed what I thought I heard was either a Police Siren or Ice Cream Truck Music. It would be nice to add more loot able vehicles like Ice Cream Trucks, Police Cars, Ambulances etc.

I would also like more of a challenge with Looting Vehicles. Lets say you try to scrap one & a Car Alarm goes off attracting Z's, or a Siren goes off. Loot an Ice Cream Truck & the Music goes off attracting Z's. Maybe when we break into a Fancy House or POI they have a security System you can bypass or you set off the Alarm, here comes a HORDE.

Its not about archive. Time used should be lower like now. I think now it is totaly useless use good equipment and you choose just tool that is faster because bare hands and lvl600 steel pickaxe do just 1 damage. Cheaters often use SMG/AK47 for breaking block because are fast firing.

With HP modifier you should use best tool you have for lowering time used for breaking down blocks.

I was in the Destroyed Biome & noticed what I thought I heard was either a Police Siren or Ice Cream Truck Music. It would be nice to add more loot able vehicles like Ice Cream Trucks, Police Cars, Ambulances etc.

I would also like more of a challenge with Looting Vehicles. Lets say you try to scrap one & a Car Alarm goes off attracting Z's, or a Siren goes off. Loot an Ice Cream Truck & the Music goes off attracting Z's. Maybe when we break into a Fancy House or POI they have a security System you can bypass or you set off the Alarm, here comes a HORDE.

Alarm systems everywhere is a great idea (in cars and the bigger poi's), but in general I always wish a "no power" option, turning all the lights off in the game (hospitals and such can always have a generator or some sort of secondary power). Its kinda anticlimactic sometimes that single lamp shining alone in the wilds...

Alarm systems everywhere is a great idea (in cars and the bigger poi's), but in general I always wish a "no power" option, turning all the lights off in the game (hospitals and such can always have a generator or some sort of secondary power). Its kinda anticlimactic sometimes that single lamp shining alone in the wilds...

i hope next game they implement Energie from start on, so that Pois can have Cables (They are not stored in the Poi files now)

So we could have Prefabs that need a generator to have running electric

Make the bipod unlockable then unlock another bipod for that bipod. And of course have an unlock for the knife bipod.

Man I really hope we get this level of weapon customisation.

Combat becomes so much more dynamic when we have weapon mods and attachments. Imagine bipodimg on a window with an LMG and lighting up the hordes as they come charging at your base.

Simple problem is that a decent Weapon-"Balance/System" is impossible with only 60-80 Meter range the Zombies are rendered.

The high amount of Calibers and Mods is a result of

* Usable distance of the Weapon (80 Meters is optimal for SMG)

* Weight of ammo

* Different Armor of Targets

Besides some other reasons we have partially in game.

But without the 3 above there is no real reason why you should have some things.

As example, nobody would use a sniper at all if there is only a Sightline of 80 meters.

Why should you use 5.56 Ammo if the recoil is the same as the 7.62 Have, and the weight is the same too.

Because of this i hope in the next game they add more realism, a decent Inventory system where the player can only transport 1 Block at a time, but he can have a truck with many blocks in it and build by using blocks direct from the truck.

Then if the Transport capacity of the player is more realistic, the max range is at least 200 Meters long and every Entity has armor values for each body part, then there could be a amazing system. (like and yes i quote it again ^^)

CD3sfMXWYAAcVGD.jpg:large

Simple problem is that a decent Weapon-"Balance/System" is impossible with only 60-80 Meter range the Zombies are rendered.

The high amount of Calibers and Mods is a result of

* Usable distance of the Weapon (80 Meters is optimal for SMG)

* Weight of ammo

* Different Armor of Targets

Besides some other reasons we have partially in game.

But without the 3 above there is no real reason why you should have some things.

As example, nobody would use a sniper at all if there is only a Sightline of 80 meters.

Why should you use 5.56 Ammo if the recoil is the same as the 7.62 Have, and the weight is the same too.

Because of this i hope in the next game they add more realism, a decent Inventory system where the player can only transport 1 Block at a time, but he can have a truck with many blocks in it and build by using blocks direct from the truck.

Then if the Transport capacity of the player is more realistic, the max range is at least 200 Meters long and every Entity has armor values for each body part, then there could be a amazing system. (like and yes i quote it again ^^)

CD3sfMXWYAAcVGD.jpg:large

Is it not likely that they will increase the render distance of players and zombies during the optimisation phase of development?

Archived