Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

The problem is this game can take many shapes, for this Fun Pimps added modding. But people want their desire way as the Only way Fun pimp should do it. And rest if you need other way it should be modded.

So, the solution is Fun pimp should keep 2-3 developer to make mode of different taste and instead of main game, they balance those 2-3 official mode, instead of Classes in player, they mod it as Farmer Mod, Hardcore fighter mod. and then people select it from option and start that way.

See I just tell my way of doing it..lol.

That works if modding in spoilage were as easy you think it is. Trust me its going to be WAy easier for people to mod it out if it exists than it ever could be to add it from scratch.

Look in the mods section. Modlet after modlet removing radiateds, bears, death penalty, stamina buffs etc. And one would be made for spoilage in about 3 hours I guarantee. But at least the mechanic would be there for those who choose to use it or mod it even frther.

An untreated infection will still progress and kill you in 7 days.

Have you tested it?

The last infection i had in the game vent away of its own.

- - - Updated - - -

That HAS to be an error. Otherwise wtf is the point of antibiotics?

Placebo. To make the player happy he/she finds it.

Don’t like the extra food? Toss it out of your bag and pretend it is spoiled. No one forces you to keep extra food you can’t eat around.

This has to be the most annoying type of response on the forums. "You don't like the way the game is broken. Pretend it's not." That is not the way to make a game. If food becomes a nonissue by lvl 21 then you may as well not have food in the game. The system is broken and needs fixed. That could be a spoilage system or something else but "Throw it out" is not an acceptable way to make a game.

But hey. I’m being totally unrealistic. This guy could do the same in the Caribbean no problem with the frozen meat outside on the sand.

Triggered much? Dang dude. Calm down. A) Spoilage isn't near as bad as you make out if done correctly. B) Spoilage isn't the only possible fix for the food/water issues in the game at the moment.

When you remove an item that someone spent time gathering/harvesting/making solely based on an arbitrary timer, you lose something in the game people don’t understand why.

Why don’t my rocks and clay disappear? Oh it’s ok wasn’t on a “timer”.

What’s a “timer” and why did I work for hours to find a boar and skin it only to lose the meat?!

Well it was on a timer. DUH!

ARK does it just fine.

-A

That discussion has been had with developer response, not that it's not an entertaining argument to start again :p.

I personally think it's backwards as well, the green numbers should reflect a positive change from what you are wearing versus what you are looking at. I think "green means go" and it's better, someone felt otherwise. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ok, thanks. I tried to search but couldn't find anything about it.

What was the response?

Infections go away on their own after 6 hours now

Until yesterday, I'd have agreed with you. But yesterday I got hit with an infection that lasted about twenty four hours in game dropping into infection 3 and the "Low health" warning a couple times, depleting much of my stockpiled medicines as I watched the timers on everything and kept taking what I had available. When I play solo, I play dead is dead so it was pretty important to live through it, but it is the first time I've seen it do that.

-1 on food spoilage for me.

Same for heart rate, cholestoral, muscle mass, fat percentage. Way too much micromanaging.

Cheers

You think we shouldn't have to check our heart-rate? Does that mean you're in favor of dropping the stamina system altogether? Isn't that part of what the stamina system is measuring?

You think we shouldn't have to check our heart-rate? Does that mean you're in favor of dropping the stamina system altogether? Isn't that part of what the stamina system is measuring?

Doesnt feel micromanagy for me like it is now. Any more i wouldnt like. I was aiming at countless meters and whistle and bells for micromanaging you body parameters. Same thoughts bout weapons. Love the fact that weappart are gone. Anything looking to much like a simulator just turns me off.

But thats just me.

Cheers

Infections go away on their own after 6 hours now

I have to chirp in here and remark as well that since A17 landed when ever I have had a mentioned 'Infection' it has indeed just gone in a game hour or less. I have never actually had to go out and find A.B. nor use them. :wacko:

Disagreed. I hate being low on food. I harvest a couple of bits. So since I have a bit extra I eat, but by some stupid reasoning I choose to eat the freshest stuff and have the older food expire. That does not seem "just fine" to me.

That's not an issue with the spoilage system, but rather auto choosing which foods to eat first.

-A

i just reported this so hopefully it will become a threat again. :)

I am fairly certain everything only has a small percentage to cure to start.....

And the Medic perk that they removed/disabled since it didn't work was supposed to raise the percentages.

Like always No Follow through and the removal/disable was not countered immediately to offset this imbalance.

That's not an issue with the spoilage system, but rather auto choosing which foods to eat first.

-A

Agreed, it is just an issue with how the system chooses to deal with spoilage, but enough of one that it makes it not "just right" for me. Now I don't think the timer should be fully reset each time someone were to eat an item off the stack, but certainly the time to spoil should be increased each time an item is eaten.

I have to chirp in here and remark as well that since A17 landed when ever I have had a mentioned 'Infection' it has indeed just gone in a game hour or less. I have never actually had to go out and find A.B. nor use them. :wacko:

You need to play more into the gamestage. I think I got around.. 400 Game Stage and every 1/10 hits I'd get infected. My friend and I were fretting but then we found a Herbal Antibiotic Book..

Can I just say I don't have any strong opinions on food spoilage, and I'm not going to post a half-dozen individual comments explaining my lack of passion?

+1 to making infection dangerous again. If I get hit by a zombie, I want it to be a Very Serious Problem. 100% chance of infection, with a small-ish possibility (maybe medium-ish for rad zombies) that it starts at Level 2 infection. DO NOT LET THEM TOUCH YOU is like Rule 1 for zombie stories.

Can I just say I don't have any strong opinions on food spoilage, and I'm not going to post a half-dozen individual comments explaining my lack of passion?

+1 to making infection dangerous again. If I get hit by a zombie, I want it to be a Very Serious Problem. 100% chance of infection, with a small-ish possibility (maybe medium-ish for rad zombies) that it starts at Level 2 infection. DO NOT LET THEM TOUCH YOU is like Rule 1 for zombie stories.

How about the lower your health, the less armor you wear, the greater the chance of infection?

For example, if you are geared up with full miltary gear, full health, you have a small chance at contact through a gap in the armor, flying blood, etc. (5%) On the other extreme, you just started, you broke your leg, health is at 30% (open wounds), contact with zombies have an 85% at infecting you as you are injured, and exposed.

That way, maintaining health (medicine, food, etc) becomes more of a priority than just maintaining stamina and the distant issue of starvation/dehydration. Also, the added temptation to wear the stamina-reducing heavy armor, as doing so prevents you from having to scramble for medication.

Yep except infections from Vultures. That would be too much a "Kill the player button"

That might be a good option for some people.

But for me, two or three rad zombies coming at me in a POI, I'll usually get hit. By then I'm usually incased in steel armor, so the damage would be mostly blunt trauma I would imagine = little chance for infection.

Archived