Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

ah, thank then. I saw the mention to it but with those saying a 0MB update on multiple games - my case it was only 7days, 161MB - I thought this was a different case

I had only 51 MB

Maybe the size depend on how many backdoors the NSA wish @ the player.

I guess you are considered a threat ? XD

Ark is ♥♥♥♥ing stupid. So what is your point?

Never played it. Watched one YouTube and would give it 0 stars if I could.

Dumbest ♥♥♥♥ing game ever.

Saying a game you have never played and only seen briefly is Dumb. Ark has better graphics, gameplay. Came out way after 7Days did and has been out of Alpha for a while. Several different Maps, Boss fights, overall more satisfying gameplay. I hope soon 7 Days to die will eventually get to the same point, but right now it is not there. Just not enough to do. You farm for resources, kill zombies, build base. No endgame as of yet, nothing to find or any reason to explore other than to kill more zombies or farm for resources. We keep getting promised a lot of stuff and then get excuses when it doesn't get implemented. Should stop trying to please everyone and just make the game the way they want to. Isn't this like year 6 being in Alpha? I want this game to be great. just frustrated. It does improve every alpha, but it's just taking for ever.

Saying a game you have never played and only seen briefly is Dumb. Ark has better graphics, gameplay. Came out way after 7Days did and has been out of Alpha for a while. Several different Maps, Boss fights, overall more satisfying gameplay. I hope soon 7 Days to die will eventually get to the same point, but right now it is not there. Just not enough to do. You farm for resources, kill zombies, build base. No endgame as of yet, nothing to find or any reason to explore other than to kill more zombies or farm for resources. We keep getting promised a lot of stuff and then get excuses when it doesn't get implemented. Should stop trying to please everyone and just make the game the way they want to. Isn't this like year 6 being in Alpha? I want this game to be great. just frustrated. It does improve every alpha, but it's just taking for ever.

I’ve seen the ridiculous flying dinosaurs. Yes it’s a stupid game. It’s for kiddies just like Minecraft lol

Again, people are missing the point. Starvation isn't on 17 so forget that please. I want spoilage in so it can be IN. I don't care if people mod it out. Go ahead. But coding spoilage is a helluva lot of work and only experienced programmers can do it. By that point f my mod Im making a god damned game to sell.

It's WAY easier to mod that OUT if it exists than it is to introduce it. Also if food spoiled that quickly in Starvation then it sounds to me like it needed to be balanced and was added with little thought to how it would work. There's ways to make it work without being frustrating.

I'm getting SO tired of people saying to go play Ark, or something else.

You know what? You casual types who don't like diggers, block wrecking zeds or want to build concrete fortresses, why don't YOU go play Minecraft or Craft the World and leave 7 Days to people who actually wish to game. See rudeness can go both ways.

Casuals WRECKED challenge in 17.1. NOT the Pimps. So if they wish to introduce some challenge to their game, let them. This outcry of "but meh buildz" has to stop, its ruining a great game.

And the Rep Exchange goes back in my court, but I'm out of it to give. BUT I WILL RETURN to this very accurate and very agreeable post.

Well, starvation mod has food spoilage. :)

It was a long time ago that I played Starvation, but from what I remember I enjoyed it. :) I'd rather not have to use SDX to mod in features I like, and I think many modders feel similarly (not that SDX is bad, it's just an additional moving part.)

As I've said, and Jax just reiterated, it's usually trivially easy to mod out something you don't want, but to mod something in is a lot more work.

-A

Hmm if we exclude XXX games, how would you define games for adults ?

I would go with working 44 hours a week, having 4 kids, multiple hobbies and a very tight schedule? :D (not my own situation, mind you).

- - - Updated - - -

except these zombies have nipples and the npcs curse at you.

Oh noes. Nipples.

He feel's he's an adult, ergo - YES!

-A

Soo some rando on a forum doesn’t like that I don’t like ark and calls me a child.

Oh well!

😘

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly don’t care if food spoilage is added. If some folks like it great. I’d rather have a working game than food spoilage.

Pimps have their own priorities and that’s fine. Hoping this system isn’t one of them.

I hope to god flying dinosaurs never make that list.

Should stop trying to please everyone and just make the game the way they want to. Isn't this like year 6 being in Alpha?

Ah, another one who doesn't understand that they have been doing exactly that, for the last 6 years. If they had listened to the mostly change-averse users on this forum we would have a very polished version of Alpha1 now :cocksure:

I’ve seen the ridiculous flying dinosaurs. Yes it’s a stupid game. It’s for kiddies just like Minecraft lol

You must be one helluva lot of fun at parties. Do you stand at the food table and talk crap about every food item on it that you don't like?

- - - Updated - - -

Soo some rando on a forum doesn’t like that I don’t like ark and calls me a child.

Oh well!

Did you really just call several games "Kids games" and then get offended when someone suggested that this game isn't any really that different from a maturity level? LMAO.

Thanks for the link. It was indeed broken. 25% was giving near 0% loot. Basically all numbers except 100% were wrong.

I fixed it today and setup a unit test in Unity's Test Runner. Now it handles fractional loot and we get results like:

RandomSpawnCount 0 to 2 (average 1), abundance 0.25 = average 0.249965

#0, count 750035, 75.00%

#1, count 249965, 25.00%

#2, count 000000, 00.00%

RandomSpawnCount 2 to 5 (average 3.5), abundance 0.25 = average 0.813696

#0, count 248485, 24.85%

#1, count 689334, 68.93%

#2, count 062181, 06.22%

RandomSpawnCount 0 to 2 (average 1), abundance 0.5 = average 0.499909

#0, count 500091, 50.01%

#1, count 499909, 49.99%

#2, count 000000, 00.00%

RandomSpawnCount 2 to 5 (average 3.5), abundance 0.5 = average 1.750003

#0, count 000000, 00.00%

#1, count 374502, 37.45%

#2, count 500993, 50.10%

#3, count 124505, 12.45%

#4, count 000000, 00.00%

Thanks for fixing the round down on loot chance. One thing I noticed was that the airdrop was zero items when the loot chance was set to 25%. Perhaps put in an exception for the air drop that it has to have something in it of use, or if no loot in the airdrop then cancel the airdrop. It really applies high vacuum to fight your way 1.2 km through a wasteland filled with feral zombies , zombie dogs and zombie bears to open an empty airdrop supply crate.

Archived