Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I just finished a horde night with loads of rads. Not bad, but my buddy's and my strategy of playing in a killing field is not viable anymore. Gonna have to build a real base now. Still fun popping zeds in the POIs with my flaming sledge. :)

heh!

just because you think there is a conspiracy afoot doesnt mean there isnt

you as in the royal you not you as in unholy joe you. you know what i mean.

I think unholy joe would be very surprised to discover that there is a royal him. He might also want to get some of that royal riches.

There's a period of immunity when you start although I think many people may be mistaking food poisoning for an infection.

I agree, food posioning and weather effects are often mistaken. But since 17, I max reach level 4 infection and use antibiotic. that is the first and only time I get infected. I got hit a lot in meleeing, and "You have something coming" is quite often for me, but no infection.

There is a mod that includes spoilage, Starvation...and it is a bitch to keep good since you require electricity to power a fridge to _minimise_ (not remove) spoilage. Sure you can use coolers and other containers, but that is almost as fast as spoiling food in your bag. On one hand, at least in A16.4, it did allow for more extra rotten flesh to generate fertiliser but once you had your garden (which also required regular water to survive and either pesticides or electrified bug zapper to keep fresh/grow) fertiliser was the only trader fodder.

- - - Updated - - -

Ditto...if you want that, play a mod (Starvation), Ark or Eco.

Again, people are missing the point. Starvation isn't on 17 so forget that please. I want spoilage in so it can be IN. I don't care if people mod it out. Go ahead. But coding spoilage is a helluva lot of work and only experienced programmers can do it. By that point f my mod Im making a god damned game to sell.

It's WAY easier to mod that OUT if it exists than it is to introduce it. Also if food spoiled that quickly in Starvation then it sounds to me like it needed to be balanced and was added with little thought to how it would work. There's ways to make it work without being frustrating.

I'm getting SO tired of people saying to go play Ark, or something else.

You know what? You casual types who don't like diggers, block wrecking zeds or want to build concrete fortresses, why don't YOU go play Minecraft or Craft the World and leave 7 Days to people who actually wish to game. See rudeness can go both ways.

Casuals WRECKED challenge in 17.1. NOT the Pimps. So if they wish to introduce some challenge to their game, let them. This outcry of "but meh buildz" has to stop, its ruining a great game.

gathering analytics :)

<ssssshh... i hear someone sneaking around in my computer> :(

Ah sorry mate! I'm just cleaning up your hard-drive, is all..

- - - Updated - - -

(snip)

Hear, hear. I'm all for more survival-elements in this game. You know, it being a survival game. Given that survival (from everything outside of zombies) is a joke at the moment.

Again, people are missing the point. Starvation isn't on 17 so forget that please. I want spoilage in so it can be IN. I don't care if people mod it out. Go ahead. But coding spoilage is a helluva lot of work and only experienced programmers can do it. By that point f my mod Im making a god damned game to sell.

It's WAY easier to mod that OUT if it exists than it is to introduce it. Also if food spoiled that quickly in Starvation then it sounds to me like it needed to be balanced and was added with little thought to how it would work. There's ways to make it work without being frustrating.

I'm getting SO tired of people saying to go play Ark, or something else.

You know what? You casual types who don't like diggers, block wrecking zeds or want to build concrete fortresses, why don't YOU go play Minecraft or Craft the World and leave 7 Days to people who actually wish to game. See rudeness can go both ways.

Casuals WRECKED challenge in 17.1. NOT the Pimps. So if they wish to introduce some challenge to their game, let them. This outcry of "but meh buildz" has to stop, its ruining a great game.

You left out Hello Kitty Adventure Island

<snipped for space>

It's counter-intuitive but making a system too simple makes it harder to balance. A good example is the variation of armour saves in 40k which are done with a six sided dice. There isn't enough variation in the base randomness to provide a steady probability curve, it's more like probability stairs.

Ark is ♥♥♥♥ing stupid. So what is your point?

Never played it. Watched one YouTube and would give it 0 stars if I could.

Dumbest ♥♥♥♥ing game ever.

I wait in anticipation for the day TFP implements food spoilage - it's going to happen. Hopefully, it's just like ARK.

-A

Archived