Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

If you add food spoilage, won't that make it so you can't stack harvested items?

There is a way around this: at certain intervals a percentage of the stack changes to the spoiled version and is added to your pack. But at that point what if your backpack is full? It would probably be no fun if a random, useless item was suddenly encumbering you.

That isn't the only reason TFP chose not to do it, but I believe this was the main one.

I kinda liked the concept of food spoilage in Starvation mod, but tis way to easy to bypass. For example, just storing any perishable food in a campfire bypasses all spoilage checks.

There is a lot of quirks and thoughts needed for spoilage to be done logically. From a gaming perspective, really need to ask if the effort is worth it. Would the majority of players find spoilage fun? While I thought it was fun in concept, in Starvation it turned into more of annoyance to deal with then a fun challenge.

Also if food spoiled that quickly in Starvation then it sounds to me like it needed to be balanced and was added with little thought to how it would work.

There were a whole lot of balance issues in Starvation, and food spoilage was the least of them...

This was the mod where you were basically one-hit-killed by ridiculous Unity-bought animal assets at every opportunity.

That part of the game seriously reminded me of one of those Jim Sterling videos where he plays asset flips. It also forces you into a strategy where you hardly ever leave your base, because wandering outside is certain death.

There are a lot of other good things about the mod though, like other survivors, crop plagues, different workbenches, etc.

Sadly i cant mod it the way i would want it. If so i would

Vending machines at traders stay as they are

Vending machines that are placed at streets (Strip bar, These small red bar, and others ?) 50% chance that its broken, 50% chance that its refilled all 14 days

Vending machines in Pois = 70% Broken and empty, 20% lootable as crate, 10% working and filled but never restocked

Sadly this would need overworked pois and thats not possible with a XML edit only mod that pushes 100% from server to the clients

I definitely agree with all of this, and also, sadly, that it can't be done in A17.

TFP: Any chance you could consider this a future feature? A18 maybe?

Desired - Text Box in topmost Left Corner and Opaque background to it when announcing not just typing. Obviously fades out as per norm.

Like - Having the ferals turning away from player to

attack zombies again if hit.

Like police puke etc from A14-15

Like - The Screamer with a nurses

hat

and schoolgirl vocals everything else on her as is vanilla

FYI - Water purifier anywhere but helmet will not work - so why can I put it any armor slot?

Because it explicitly says 'helmet' and it's purifying the water as you drink it, in the helmet. It would not work in any other armour piece or slot.

I'd be interested to know how many of us actually use vending machines.

In 1500+ hours I can't honestly remember using them other than to see what was inside.

I check them along with traders on the reg (at least once per RL day/around resets)...either for stocks of chilli/salmon to make higher recipes or meat/corn/potato/mushrooms for early stew supplements. Grain Alc/Snowberry Extract/Corn Meal if I'm lazy and don't want to waste corn/farm as much.

HINT:

I__ D____ W____ I__ D____

No chatter that I've seen about an impending release.

Man, bad enough you're gimping the game, now you're gimping your posts?

:)

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be interested to know how many of us actually use vending machines.

In 1500+ hours I can't honestly remember using them other than to see what was inside.

2600ish, never used one. They're dumb. This isn't borderlands.

Change vending machines to be mostly broken (exception being at a trader) and you can't get actual stuff that would be in one (snacks, granola bars, etc) until you break it open then it changes to an open one and you can harvest it down. Also the ones at the trader should only take old cash. (Multiple currencies was the end to a means.)

I Drink Whiskey In Diapers? At least you're prepared...

Key words are PEOPLE THAT ANNOY YOU!

- - - Updated - - -

I definitely agree with all of this, and also, sadly, that it can't be done in A17.

TFP: Any chance you could consider this a future feature? A18 maybe?

Pimps won’t make modders lives easier until they fix random world.

Praying to my wooden Jesus ;)

Archived