Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Don't forget to pack your bicycle

The bicycle is great once you can make one. But it seemed limiting, at first. It was great at getting you there, well beats walking anyway.

But it seemed to be an slowing me down whenever I wanted to clear a large open area for supply's. Not also for wood and stone but plants and other items as well. Always having to run back to it when I'm done.

Then I realized that I can repack the bicycle whenever I wanted, so long as it's inventory was empty. That way all I had to do was to ride to an area, repack the bike and scavenge the area. Once I got loaded up, all I had to do was unpack the bicycle and ride it back home.

One great thing about it is that you can move at the same speed no matter how full your backpack is. Also cursing along on level ground is the same as sprinting with an empty pack, nice!

Probably been said but we need food perishing back in fast...

I am at a mere level 22 and I have more meat I can shake a cat at. Wolves, bores and perks have provided way to much meat and now so much food that its not an issue anymore. :jaded:

Combine with eggs and stack bacon/egg meals as one of those basically fills you up alone.

Probably been said but we need food perishing back in fast...

I am at a mere level 22 and I have more meat I can shake a cat at. Wolves, bores and perks have provided way to much meat and now so much food that its not an issue anymore. :jaded:

Combine with eggs and stack bacon/egg meals as one of those basically fills you up alone.

First thing I’ll mod out. Complete nonsense and totally unnecessary feature.

All it does is make playing on a MP server annoying. Play for a while. Butcher a boar. Go home and log off. Come back and because someone else was playing lost all your meat.

Very annoying and completely broken.

Don’t like the extra food? Toss it out of your bag and pretend it is spoiled. No one forces you to keep extra food you can’t eat around.

I came across a farm plot in a city that had I had (with the harvest 2 items perk) looted over 150 potatoes from! That combined with

all the meat and fat I have been getting...my guy is living the high life with steak and fries every night lol

Now my question is...am I just super unlucky? or are Beakers as rare of an appearance as in the Muppet Show? still haven't found 1 day 34...

But will the significance of "7 Days" in the title ever be the same again?

was having thoughts about that too :)

but... changing game defaults does not change the game, only the way you play.

you can turn off all zombies and animals and just build... it is still 7 days to die. :)

I like the rag doll effect in the game but there is something wrong when the death animation kicks in.

Vanilla game play first time down zombie rag doll works great. Zombie falls limp rolls/falls etc. until motionless then get up animation kicks in and it raises back to its feet. all is good here and smooth.

2nd and final time downed.. I think there is a death animation that kicks in and the zombie does this sort of spastic/jerky type motion.

It is IMO that the death animation should be removed there is no need for it.

Zombie health 0 it does not get back up after 2nd rag doll effect. DONE.

I must be the only one who absolutely hates the ragdolls. Not just in this game either, couldn't stand them in games like HL2. I much prefer the death animations, and wish they would happen instead of the ragdoll.

...Is there anyone else here who feels the same way? I've never seen anyone else say it so assumed I must be crazy.

I came across a farm plot in a city that had I had (with the harvest 2 items perk) looted over 150 potatoes from! That combined with

all the meat and fat I have been getting...my guy is living the high life with steak and fries every night lol

Now my question is...am I just super unlucky? or are Beakers as rare of an appearance as in the Muppet Show? still haven't found 1 day 34...

i found one beaker in army camp. the one with concrete walls and secret bunker in it.

about food, if you do as much mining as i do, you burn your food fast. i can eat 5 bacon and eggs every night

First thing I’ll mod out. Complete nonsense and totally unnecessary feature.

All it does is make playing on a MP server annoying. Play for a while. Butcher a boar. Go home and log off. Come back and because someone else was playing lost all your meat.

Very annoying and completely broken.

Don’t like the extra food? Toss it out of your bag and pretend it is spoiled. No one forces you to keep extra food you can’t eat around.

Food and hydration are so easily managed, we might as well not even have them in the game.

Spoilage is the answer.

Food and hydration are so easily managed, we might as well not even have them in the game.

Spoilage is the answer.

Not the only one, though...

I generally agree that food is too plentiful mid/late game, but there are several things that could mitigate this:

• Decrease in loot (especially canned food) proportional to game stage
  • Plagues (for crops)
  • Seasonal weather, e.g. crops die in winter
  • Temperature-based crop death (can be different for different crops)
  • Inability to grow certain plants in certain biomes
  • Of course, the aforementioned food spoilage

Much of this can be modded in via XML, I believe.

Not the only one, though...

I generally agree that food is too plentiful mid/late game, but there are several things that could mitigate this:

• Decrease in loot (especially canned food) proportional to game stage
  • Plagues (for crops)
  • Seasonal weather, e.g. crops die in winter
  • Temperature-based crop death (can be different for different crops)
  • Inability to grow certain plants in certain biomes
  • Of course, the aforementioned food spoilage

Much of this can be modded in via XML, I believe.

Add in 'X' amount of animals (edit: or all of them) are plagued and you can't harvest much good viable meat off of them.

It just feels really off when you need 5 meat to make something. I know it's 5 units, and that can mean anything, but it's just a weird approach (imo).

Add in 'X' amount of animals are plagued and you can't harvest much good viable meat off of them..

It would make more sense IMHO to randomly spawn zombie versions of the different animals, and you could only harvest rancid meat from them. But it's not a bad suggestion.

Also, how could I have forgotten: zombies could target crops if there are no better targets around.

Archived