Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

<snipped for space>

We appear to be having different experiences possibly due to different play styles.

I've seen re-spawning boars and bears, I've had to rescue my equipment from under the nose of a few, but this doesn't seem to happen during the first week.

I've tried this a few times. See a deer or something on the first day, try to track it down the next day and it's nowhere to be found. I have little doubt they're supposed to spawn like zombies but something is borked between day one and day five. It's possible I seem to think five days instead of seven because that's when I generally go scavenging for better equipment and thus start spawning new terrain.

Boxing made great in Alpha 17

If you haven't tried taking on zombies bare handed you should. With the latest Alpha, fighting is a lot more fun. While the left hand fast punch (rabbit punches) are good, that right hook, wow. BANG-ZOOM! hahahaha.

I've been doing this for awhile and find that I don't have to back away much. Still take hits but what's fighting if you don't get hit, right?

It just seems more real to me and I like it.

Now all they need is a power attack for the stone ax.

Boxing made great in Alpha 17

If you haven't tried taking on zombies bare handed you should. With the latest Alpha, fighting is a lot more fun. While the left hand fast punch (rabbit punches) are good, that right hook, wow. BANG-ZOOM! hahahaha.

I've been doing this for awhile and find that I don't have to back away much. Still take hits but what's fighting if you don't get hit, right?

It just seems more real to me and I like it.

Now all they need is a power attack for the stone ax.

The rag doll effects make that really satisfying I would assume. :)

hey guys, been away for some days, do we have any info on 17.2 release? Yes I'm lazy to go through these pages, pardon me

---------

edit: I assume it's possible to make a boxing perk? :)

As far as I know, there's no info on A17.2.

I'm waiting to start playing 7 Days again too.. Have stopped playing a week ago.

As far as I know, there's no info on A17.2.

Saw no real info too.

Only rumors that say it will be a bigger of the minor patches. Means dont hold your breath

- - - Updated - - -

There is info. The new blood moon frequency settings are coming with a17.2.

I guess we speak only about info of the release date

Bullet Casings collector mod/modlet?

Hello

So i just had a thought. Since there's a number of people that like to focus on firearms as their main way of fighting zeds/hordes and it can be heard quite frequently that brass is often an issue (its scarcity / limited ways of obtaining) - here's an idea.

Would it be possible to make either a modlet or a mod for firearms that once attached to a gun - it's gonna be 'catching' bullet casings after each shot and adding them to the backpack (if there's room ofc)? It could be either collecting all casings or a certain percentage like some of them would be getting damaged/falling apart and for example appearing in the backpack as raw brass.

For example, each casing requires 2 brass (and 1 clay) to be made. After shooting 20 bullets from an AK with such mod mounted - it would give back into our backpack something like 12 casings and 6 brass (from 6 damaged casings) while the other 2 casings got shattered into tiny bits and lost. Again, it's just an example how it could work.

That mod could be locked in some higher lvl schematics like 3 or maybe even 4 or 5 and act as a rare loot.

So what do you think about this guys?

I would honestly love if such mod would make it to the game in some 17.x patch (even though i'm more of a bow/crossbow guy).

Regards :)

Gazz seemed to insinuate that it was the last of the patches, experimental is over. For better or worse whatever comes out is likely what we'll be playing until A18.

Gazz was just differentiating between expectations for experimental and stable releases. It had nothing to do with how many 17.x releases there could be.

Hello

So i just had a thought. Since there's a number of people that like to focus on firearms as their main way of fighting zeds/hordes and it can be heard quite frequently that brass is often an issue (its scarcity / limited ways of obtaining) - here's an idea.

Would it be possible to make either a modlet or a mod for firearms that once attached to a gun - it's gonna be 'catching' bullet casings after each shot and adding them to the backpack (if there's room ofc)? It could be either collecting all casings or a certain percentage like some of them would be getting damaged/falling apart and for example appearing in the backpack as raw brass.

For example, each casing requires 2 brass (and 1 clay) to be made. After shooting 20 bullets from an AK with such mod mounted - it would give back into our backpack something like 12 casings and 6 brass (from 6 damaged casings) while the other 2 casings got shattered into tiny bits and lost. Again, it's just an example how it could work.

That mod could be locked in some higher lvl schematics like 3 or maybe even 4 or 5 and act as a rare loot.

So what do you think about this guys?

I would honestly love if such mod would make it to the game in some 17.x patch (even though i'm more of a bow/crossbow guy).

Regards :)

Yes they have considered it. I saw a mention of that exact mod in the XML code.

Gazz seemed to insinuate that it was the last of the patches, experimental is over. For better or worse whatever comes out is likely what we'll be playing until A18.

Seriously? That's how you read his post? This is such a good example of how rumors get started. Someone misunderstands completely the words a Dev says and passes on totally inaccurate information.

Seriously? That's how you read his post? This is such a good example of how rumors get started. Someone misunderstands completely the words a Dev says and passes on totally inaccurate information.

I'd love to see A17.9 with the new systems properly polished but TFP tend to hurry themselves a bit more than I like.

I'm disappointed that the experimental phase is over already, especially with the base-disappearing bug rearing its ugly head. That's damn close to the definition of a game-breaking bug... not quite, but damn close.

The rag doll effects make that really satisfying I would assume. :)

I like the rag doll effect in the game but there is something wrong when the death animation kicks in.

Vanilla game play first time down zombie rag doll works great. Zombie falls limp rolls/falls etc. until motionless then get up animation kicks in and it raises back to its feet. all is good here and smooth.

2nd and final time downed.. I think there is a death animation that kicks in and the zombie does this sort of spastic/jerky type motion.

It is IMO that the death animation should be removed there is no need for it.

Zombie health 0 it does not get back up after 2nd rag doll effect. DONE.

Thanks for the link. It was indeed broken. 25% was giving near 0% loot. Basically all numbers except 100% were wrong.

I fixed it today and setup a unit test in Unity's Test Runner. Now it handles fractional loot and we get results like:

RandomSpawnCount 0 to 2 (average 1), abundance 0.25 = average 0.249965

#0, count 750035, 75.00%

#1, count 249965, 25.00%

#2, count 000000, 00.00%

RandomSpawnCount 2 to 5 (average 3.5), abundance 0.25 = average 0.813696

#0, count 248485, 24.85%

#1, count 689334, 68.93%

#2, count 062181, 06.22%

RandomSpawnCount 0 to 2 (average 1), abundance 0.5 = average 0.499909

#0, count 500091, 50.01%

#1, count 499909, 49.99%

#2, count 000000, 00.00%

RandomSpawnCount 2 to 5 (average 3.5), abundance 0.5 = average 1.750003

#0, count 000000, 00.00%

#1, count 374502, 37.45%

#2, count 500993, 50.10%

#3, count 124505, 12.45%

#4, count 000000, 00.00%

wooohoooooo!

I'd love to see A17.9 with the new systems properly polished but TFP tend to hurry themselves a bit more than I like.

I'm disappointed that the experimental phase is over already, especially with the base-disappearing bug rearing its ugly head. That's damn close to the definition of a game-breaking bug... not quite, but damn close.

Why did you bother quoting JCrook? Your response had nothing to do with his post.

We had a base disappearing because of chunk reset in A16.4. Basically we have been playing at least 1,5 years with a "stable" that has such a bug.

As far as I understand it, so long as they still work on A17, they still do bug fixing. "stable" just means a wider distribution.

There is always creative mode to repair such a loss.

Archived