Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

The first part of your response has nothing to do with gun parts, yet it comes across as if you were using it as a reason to bring back gun parts. Loot tables can also be tweaked and rebalanced with mods so that there's still a need to go into bigger, more dangerous POIs. You can still have your chain of Wall Safe > Gun Safe > Munitions Box > Shotgun Messiah Crate > Hidden Stash, gun parts or no gun parts. Devs have said multiple times that a17 is far from done balance-wise.

Parts and mods is a bit redundant, because mods by themselves already improve the performance of guns, not only by the effect of the mod itself, but also because every mod adds to the damage outputs, so in practice, it's exactly like switching a lower quality part for a higher quality part. Not to mention that having both systems at the same time would require an interface overhaul (since mods go in the interface slots that parts used), and another rebalancing. In my opinion, all we need right now is simply tweaking of loot and mod effects, and a larger variety of mods, both of those that improve numbers, and of those that change behaviours. They could also add mods with several tiers of quality, so that you might find a mod that does +25% damage, but down the line you might find the same mod that's of better quality that does +50% damage instead.

Parts can be a steady increase to get the most out of your gun whilst mods are the icing on the cake. Why not incorporate both? You still find assembled guns but the parts can be improved. It just adds a extra juicy layer to gun modding and function.

Has anyone else run into their minibike disappearing on them?

I was killed by a wandering horde of soldiers that a couple of ferals intruded upon and back at my base I grabbed my bicycle and could see my marker for the minibike. I put the bike down and rode for my stash and my minibike and got my stash but the icon for my minibike disappeared when I got close to it and it wasn't where I left it. The minibike had around 150 forged iron with 10 to 15 honey and many other assorted items including a sledge hammer and other tools that are now gone forever.

EDIT - I am running a half dozen modlets, but nothing that touches the vehicles.

I am running no mods, and I had my bicycle vanish on me a while back. I checked the ground ot see if it did the typical fall through the earth, but nope. Just gone lol. Only happened once.

@Roland Are you in here? Thanks for backing me up in the past. I have calmed down. If anyone has information on "Portal Vein Thrombosis" let me know. That is my new "Battle". Now for A17 - I hope the DEV's are watching!!! 1) Fishing Rod 2) Fishing for Food 3) Baits for different types of fish.

I have to make a public apology to "The Fun Pimps" for my prior behavior that was not nice on posting stuff in here. I am sorry. Paul

absolutely agree. i avoid mining right now, because mine tunnels collapse all the time. sand has no SI, it can not hold up even my stomach breeze.

seeing xp is good in my opinion, but since many do not like it, perhaps make xp icon as option?

you are doing it wrong

yes I know sand has the si of wet toilet paper but you dont just start digging into it

start by digging

down to bedrock

out to sand

up to stone

that means while you are at bedrock dig straight out till you see sand

then dig straight up through the sand till you reach stone.

the stone has a greater SI

once you hit stone dig out the sand in all directions till you find more stone

if you see more sand above you dig up till stone again

in short get to the top of the sand column and then dig it out 1 layer at a time

always keeping stone above your head and not sand

not only does this stop the cave in but also stops wasteing the ore that falls with the cavein

the sand basically forms a cave and you hollow it out from the top of the cave down

I just cleared a whole sand column along with all the lead ore without a single cavein

just remember

sand above your head, you're soon dead

Guys, what's up with beakers drop rate? Does it even drop? I'm lvl 92, completely looted 3 large towns, including the hospital in the forest biome, killed hundreds of nurses, but still didnt get a single one? It doesnt bother be me a lot because i'm playing in Navezgane with many working chem stations, but what if it was a random gen? Maybe I'm missing smth?

Guys, what's up with beakers drop rate? Does it even drop? I'm lvl 92, completely looted 3 large towns, including the hospital in the forest biome, killed hundreds of nurses, but still didnt get a single one? It doesnt bother be me a lot because i'm playing in Navezgane with many working chem stations, but what if it was a random gen? Maybe I'm missing smth?

U must loot a pop n pill. I usually get at least 1.

they are there just not spawning tons like they used to. i used to get 2-6 in a lot of air drops and that was ridiculous.

but heres where they are

<lootgroup name="rareMedicine" count="1">
<item name="medicalFirstAidKit"/>
<item name="toolBeaker"/>
<item name="drugAntibiotics"/>
<item name="medicalBloodDrawKit"/>
<!--<item name="firstAidKitSchematic"/>-->
<item name="drugSteroids"/>
<item name="drugRecog"/>
<item name="drugFortBites"/>
</lootgroup>
<lootgroup name="airdropMedicine">
<item name="drugPainkillers" count="1,3"/>
<item name="medicalFirstAidKit" count="1,2"/>
<item name="drugAntibiotics" count="1,2"/>
<item name="toolBeaker" prob="0.4"/>
</lootgroup>
<lootgroup name="labEquipment">
<item group="books" count="1"/>
<item group="rareBooks" count="1" prob="0.5"/>
<item name="resourceScrapPolymers" count="1,7"/>
<item name="drinkJarEmpty" count="1,20" prob="2"/>
<item name="drinkJarGrainAlcohol" count="5,10"/>
<item name="drugVitamins" count="1,2"/>
<item name="resourceAnimalFat" count="4,10"/>
<item name="resourceCoal" count="10,20" prob="2"/>
<item name="resourcePotassiumNitratePowder" count="10,20" prob="2"/>
<item name="resourceGlue" count="1,5"/>
<item name="resourceOilShale" count="10,30"/>
<item name="drugPainkillers" count="1,2"/>
<item name="drugAntibiotics" prob="0.5"/>
<item name="medicalBloodDrawKit" prob="0.15"/>
<!--<item name="firstAidKitSchematic" prob="0.15"/>-->
<item name="toolBeaker" prob="0.15"/>
</lootgroup>

I love melee in A17. It's better than it's ever been.

With that said, somthing took the fun out of building for me. Not sure what it is exactly, but the "feel" is gone :(.

I dont think it's any one thing, but a combination of things... I, for example, dont care that the clay and earth was combined. But this does effect the grinding when building...

So, I noticed this since I just stopped playing after day 10 or so, and have just been watching Z-Nation play since really...

I'm sad :(

I would say melee needs a bit more polishing, right now, even if you're standing perfectly still and perfectly time your power strike at the body of a running feral, most of the time the hit isn't registered. And the same thing happens when zeds stand very close to the player, the attacks just magically go through them. Because of it, even with the perk 'stay still' you always have to waste bullets on running ferals

Melee does need some more polish but it is really really damn good at this point also thanks to the new ragdoll.

agreed. It feels much better, but although I think the ragdoll system is huge in this change, the power attack animations are also relevant. Normal attacks look so.. weak.

Actually there was a difference. In A16 the range of loot offered was different depending on where you looted it. Wall Safe > Gun Safe > Munitions Box > Shotgun Messiah Crate > Hidden Stash.

Now, I only need to loot one house and I have everything I need. Why not have the mod system with the parts system but still make it so you still find assembled guns as in A17? The best of both worlds if you will. That way people who like gun parts are happy and people who like full guns are happy. Combined with the mods of A17 and you have a broad range of involvement with your guns. I would also say lower the gun drops, right now you can be swimming in guns and ammo on day one.

You still don't get it. Guns are common scrapables now. High level guns are more rare, and what you are looting for is the mods. I've got two mods on my compound bow now and its easily twice as effective, and I just found a mod for my axe that adds 50% more wood damage.

You are all about the common guns, BUT you should be all about the mods.

You still don't get it. Guns are common scrapables now. High level guns are more rare, and what you are looting for is the mods. I've got two mods on my compound bow now and its easily twice as effective, and I just found a mod for my axe that adds 50% more wood damage.

You are all about the common guns, BUT you should be all about the mods.

I don't think you get it. What I am saying is why not have both systems?

you are doing it wrong

yes I know sand has the si of wet toilet paper but you dont just start digging into it

start by digging

down to bedrock

out to sand

up to stone

that means while you are at bedrock dig straight out till you see sand

then dig straight up through the sand till you reach stone.

the stone has a greater SI

once you hit stone dig out the sand in all directions till you find more stone

if you see more sand above you dig up till stone again

in short get to the top of the sand column and then dig it out 1 layer at a time

always keeping stone above your head and not sand

not only does this stop the cave in but also stops wasteing the ore that falls with the cavein

the sand basically forms a cave and you hollow it out from the top of the cave down

I just cleared a whole sand column along with all the lead ore without a single cavein

just remember

sand above your head, you're soon dead

yes, i can work around that way, but it is not how it suppose to be. normally i could dig 1 wide and 2 or 3 high tunnel through sand. not any more. that makes getting on top of sand more dangerous too.

I got one in my day 2-3, so I say you just had bad luck.

- - - Updated - - -

agreed. It feels much better, but although I think the ragdoll system is huge in this change, the power attack animations are also relevant. Normal attacks look so.. weak.

I saw some poeple so head been popup, but is it happening now? I didn't see any body part been dismantled. in 16.4 it was good to break some legs etc but after 600+ kills I didn't see anyone losing limb.

Archived