Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I just wish there were a way to set a battery bank down for stuff, then have a solar panel or two linked to recharge the banks during the day. Or a way to set up an auto-fueling for Generators.

In over 2000 hours, I've never found a use for either the battery bank or found/ made solar panels.

Because I thought you meant. "If it can be overcome it's not a threat"

Starving is a threat building a farm fixed that.

More appropriate analogy would maybe be the weather/climate system.

I was more hung up on you saying air should be the MAIN threat underground. Don't get me wrong, Im not against it, I just think it won't add much. If I have to build a gas mask before going underground so be it. Its not really a MAIN threat in the loosest sense of the word.

A horde of zombies trying to eat my face day after day is a main threat. Building a gas mask once and done.. not so much.

Shoot, I'd almost say the best way to do it is just everyone gets all xp at all times, haha.

i still dont know if u get xp for stuff in the forge/workbench, or if u have 2 watch it, or if u get xp at all for crafting, since they re changing it every other alpha. :apathy:

So, regarding farming and the lack of fertiliser, I take it you still need to till the ground with the hoe before planting crops? I ask mainly because the tilled ground for me is a very ugly low res texture, anyone else getting this or is it just a glitch?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25989[/ATTACH]

Same here (but once you get your plantations, you don't see the ground anymore). Work in progress ;)

I was more hung up on you saying air should be the MAIN threat underground. Don't get me wrong, Im not against it, I just think it won't add much. If I have to build a gas mask before going underground so be it. Its not really a MAIN threat in the loosest sense of the word.

A horde of zombies trying to eat my face day after day is a main threat. Building a gas mask once and done.. not so much.

Fair enough semantics and different views.

I dont venture out in the snow or desert biome in early game because I see the climate as the main threat to my health not the zombies. But that's how I see it.

Ok, but this is still only half the equation. If for example you lose a constant amount of fullness (I assume 1 to make it simple) whenever you expend max stamina once, then the calculation is:

With 100 stamina and 100 fullness you would use up 100+99+98= 297 stamina to get to fullness of 97 and max stamina of 97.

With 130 max stamina and 100 fullness you would use up 130+128+125= 383 stamina to get to fullness of 97 and max stamina of 117

That is, with 130 stamina you have expended about 50% more stamina and your max stamina is still higher.

I'm not sure where you got these numbers from. I just did a crude test and it took about 378 stamina to reduce fullness by 1%.

i still dont know if u get xp for stuff in the forge/workbench, or if u have 2 watch it, or if u get xp at all for crafting, since they re changing it every other alpha. :apathy:

lol, right now, for b208, you have to watch it on completion unless it's crafted in personal inventory.

I feel like having more stam and using less stam per swing drops my fullness faster due to the fact I don't have to stop to wait for my stam to regen as often. So I have to eat more and more often, but I do harvest, fight longer, etc much more consistently instead of waiting for stam to come back.

It's the stamina breaks that gets to me.

I wounder how mining would feel if they connect the fancy new slow animation to mining, So when stamina is low you hit slower but actually never stop hitting.

They have perfectly sane system before in A16.4. When you go below 40, your block damage will slowly start to degrade, and hits near 0 will be much weaker but will still go trough. I liked it much more along with constant stamina regeneration instead of current "X pet tick".

@faatah

I will dare to ask again: are screamers still seeing trough closed doors? I focked up mentioned A16.4 game on other PC due to one screaming at me at night and called horde taking out my place along with one of two forges (the one that already had crucible) and my main loot chest. Instant ragequit dammit.

Hello Fun Pimps

we play on the hardest level currently and still find it a bit easy,

How about a new level of difficulty, for the very tough guys.

* Singleplayer

* Insane

* 60 minute days

* Daylight 12 Hours

* Allways run

* 25% loot

* Loot respawn 50 Days

* Blood moon count 64

* No airdrops

* Death is Death

* No use of repair

* No Gardening

If you say yes to all and you still say its too easy i guess you are not very honest

Hello Fun Pimps

we play on the hardest level currently and still find it a bit easy,

How about a new level of difficulty, for the very tough guys.

I would say the new hardesr setting should automatically set everything to the hardest possible:

Always run

No airdrops

32 (64?) Max zombies in hordes or active.

Extra hard hitting zombies.

That might work.

* Singleplayer

* Insane

* 60 minute days

* Daylight 12 Hours

* Allways run

* 25% loot

* Loot respawn 50 Days

* Blood moon count 64

* No airdrops

* Death is Death

* No use of repair

* No Gardening

If you say yes to all and you still say its too easy i guess you are not very honest

Oh wow, that would be badass! :)

Good for a leaderboard on how long a person could play if they could disable DM.

* Singleplayer

* Insane

* 60 minute days

* Daylight 12 Hours

* Allways run

* 25% loot

* Loot respawn 50 Days

* Blood moon count 64

* No airdrops

* Death is Death

* No use of repair

* No Gardening

lol, yeah, no thank you :p. Though if I could figure out how to give a mining helmet at start, I'd do 24 hour night. That way I can see, but a lot more jump scares from it.

YES, that's what I want to see too. Of course on Never Run if there will be that many. There becomes a point that if they all run, the base won't survive if there is that many coming at you.

Honestly, that combined with halved or even triple lower block damage would be perfect horde for me. Not current eight or dozen dudes breaking hardened concrete with bare fists (which is dumb), but few dozens of weaker zeds getting trough by mirriads of small bites. With current "muh dissapearing bodies" this can be implemented with lesser optimization problems.

Oh wow, that would be badass! :)

Good for a leaderboard on how long a person could play if they could disable DM.

They could simply add a small star icon that appears and stay at the build info as soon as CM or DM is used

(Brigade 7.62 changed the playername to cheater if you used console commands. And X showed "Modded" if you used mods)

It's very easy to test within the game. Don't even need a calculator. Just your max stamina above 100 and get hungry.

If everything would have worked exactly the way developers meant it to work there would be no bugs.

As a proof: I have max stamina of 130 right now and fullness of 94. With linear stamina loss I should have stamina cap @ 124 right? However it's capped at 122. Here is why:

130 * 0.94 = 122.2

I am pretty sure that what Gazz was talking about was the loss/recovery rate of stamina, not of the max stamina cap. That's also how I understood your initial message. The max stamina cap gets lowered the more you use stamina, not from hunger. At least that's what I remember the devs saying in the forums. For every 100 points of stamina used, your max stamina goes down by 1, so you still get more juice out of having more maximum stamina.

As for the bug part, yes, I'm aware there might be bugs and a dev might not be aware of them, which is why I specified that you would usually provide proof of your claim (saying "there's a bug" isn't of much help).

I'm not sure where you got these numbers from. I just did a crude test and it took about 378 stamina to reduce fullness by 1%.

Sorry, instead of "assume 1" I should have said "use 1 as an example". I know that 1 is too much, but it showed the principle and made calculation easy.

Archived