Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

This is definitely going to shake alot of people's worlds. It was interesting to watch kage848 in his stream have to come to a full stop to gather himself when he realized he couldn't rush to building a forge right way.

Right, wrong, or indifferent, the pimps are challenging us to approach the game differently to see if the experience is more fun and rewarding.

Instead of resisting all the changes, I encourage everyone to side table their worries for now and give it a try. I am certain TFPs will be watching and will tweak accordingly. At the very least, easy modding is also available for those who must absolutely play things a certain way (in regards to skills/abilities)

Considering i would have concrete well before night 7, A17 is gunna mess up my routine... im def looking forward to that

A17 will drop SOMETIME TOMORROW, provided no major bugs are discovered. This could mean tomorrow Papau New Guinea time or GMT or any other time zone on this planet or any other. There, you are answered. F5 is the REFRESH key, people use it to see if the announcement for the drop has happened. Go watch the streamers, nothing to see here for at least 13 more hours.

According to the QA discord:

TwiggToday at 1:56 PM

hopefully late tomorrow evening, subject to testing

Rick has called for an 11:30 am meeting (CST) so they can assess what else they need to fix (They’ve been fixing stuff all weekend as they’ve noticed things). Then they’ll create a release candidate, test it to make sure it doesn’t crash. They’re shooting for a late afternoon release.

For SP, Easy has left the building.

A well organized team of four veteran players will face roll the game.

So far, SP is unrelentingly oppressive even to the expert players. Some have stopped streaming or are trying to figure things out offline.

Stamina is the center of everything a player does in A17. So, one player can do only so much in 7 days and no more (unless they find a coffee warehouse) :)

Yeah, I've been critical in the past of the game level defaulting to a point at which a noob player will just get decimated, punished over and over. It's a good way to drive players away.

Personally, I'm not so proud as to run into A17 on my usual level. I'm going to drop it to the easiest settings while I familiarise myself with all the changes to equipment and perks, and depending on how that goes I'll then consider restarting at a tougher setting some days later.

I play SP, so the game sounds like it's going to be challenging, but it also sounds like it favours my early game play styles anyway. Recoverable arrows saves time wasted finding birds nests, and I've always concentrated on headshots and careful melee range, so I think the combat learning curve will be short for me (just expecting some harsh reminders to never abandon caution).

It's already Monday here for me, but release is still likely more than 24 hours away.

The bug reporting thread is only 2 pages (with some repetition in there), so the game is going to be pretty sweet once we get it.

Rick has called for an 11:30 am meeting (CST) so they can assess what else they need to fix (They’ve been fixing stuff all weekend as they’ve noticed things). Then they’ll create a release candidate, test it to make sure it doesn’t crash. They’re shooting for a late afternoon release.

So, are you saying potential release late Sunday afternoon (CST)?

Never mind, I just checked, and it's currently 1.40pm Sunday CST... so release late Monday... I'l get it sometime Tues afternoon. Damn this international timeline.

I haven't read about it, but i guess there is still no option in A17 to make all Players spawn within a small area. So still needs workarounds like using admin commands to teleport new players to a starting location, e.g. you want to play with few players coop only?

And how to setup a dedicated server of the experimental branch? I know how to setup "trunk", but not how to switch branches in Steam console with anonymous login?

Yeay... I brought my Batman undies.. hope im not to late for the party!

QMWM82u.jpg

...or lower the difficulty setting. Which is harder to do then one would think. (I.e. ego in the way) :)

Setting difficulty to Normal is as far down as I can go. I don't think any veteran will go lower than that.

I must die several times before I will let them pry my cold dead hand from that setting :)

Hm, sir, finding and getting a bullet casing out from a body is not like getting a stick out of it. I know what you mean and brass being ballanced could fix the problem with lack of .. of it.

the casing never goes to the body, that is what falls out of the gun. The bullet (lead) is what is lost in the body. Lead is easy to get/mine but brass is not. or was not in A16.x

-snip-

My point is I can see how much fun it is to "town build" because I've done it.

I personally like to deck out a cool base late game in 7 days, just to give a finger to the zombie apocalypse and its cool to show off to your friends and nice not looking at drab reinforced concrete or steel.

Yep... Somtimes multiple bases, just because.

Nice to know this behavior runs deep :)

zombies seem to get up pretty fast?? it certainly doesn't feel realistic, imo :)

Realistic? Correct. Last time I was killing zombies in my back yard, they definitely were getting up slower, but our zombies drink coffee, so they are a bit peppier.

no zomebie loot?

There is zombie loot. 2% from normals and 3% from ferals/radiated. What there is not, is endless rifling through corpses.

the casing never goes to the body, that is what falls out of the gun. The bullet (lead) is what is lost in the body. Lead is easy to get/mine but brass is not. or was not in A16.x

You proved it. I am part time stupid idiot sometimes. I might get profesional, who knows.

According to the QA discord:

TwiggToday at 1:56 PM

hopefully late tomorrow evening, subject to testing

When I think "Release to public opt-in Monday Nov 19" I think Monday 00:00 GMT.

And If there where any big bugs/errors etc or further testing needed I feel like It would be a bit to late to "Call" it off now.

I'd like to add that I can see people getting frustrated.

I want to know when I and my friends can play, so we maybe can adjust or day around it, a slight bit, also the fact that its been 1 year + since we had such a good reason to wanting to play ;)

Any idea what bugs are being worked on over the weekend that should be completed before the public experimental?

Changes since b194 on Friday:

Fixed: Toolbelt item swap delay to 0.3 seconds when scrolling the mousewheel

Adding prefabs and temp XML for ammo piles

Weapons lowered. VO raised.

Client see trees that have no hitbox (full fix)

Changed: Water is twice as hydrating now, and reduced recipes to use one jar of water

Fixed: Several drinks had improper amounts of water

Changed: Fixed coffee water values

Fixed entities with LODs disappearing too close when Tree Quality reduced (code overrides lowest LOD height).

Fixed: Hidden strike desc was wrong, it works with melee and ranged attacks

Missing conversion block

Fixed: Power attack stat is listed on repair tools

Fixed: Redundant metal trussing recipe

Fixed: augmentGunsTip hooked up

Fixed: wet concrete missing price info

Fixed: You can not craft vehicleWheels

Fixed: Beer does not have the listed effect

Changed: Drink items provide stamina regen over a longer duration

Fixed: Corrected several item stat displays

ZPack (Zombie dropped pack) spawn and bag impact sounds (WIP, code/art changes incoming)

Fixed: Adjusted armor on the zombie soldier

Fixed: Ambiguous wording of Boom! Headshot

Implement Lethal Radiation IN RWG (client fix)

Fixed: Bacon and eggs are made in a cooking pot again

Fixed: Some light armor descriptions said decrease instead of increase

Fixed: Some greae monkey requirements were not localized

Fixed: Crouch screen effect was darkening the entire screen instead of just the outer edges

Changed: brightened pine forest night

Edit:

Fixed: pine forest fog transition from night to morning

Archived