Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Like a little bit easier?

Like exactly twice as fast at leveling.

Instead of killing about 10 zombies per level each player kills 5 and you can kill them much safer (one guy trolls the zombie, the other smashes them from the side or back.

Then only one guy needs to specialize at certain skills. (cooking and crafting). A four player team is probably perfect.

Like exactly twice as fast at leveling.

I think it's great that co-op gets some real luv in this update. Also seeing the healthbar of friends is a big plus. With that said.

If it's that hard for new players that they have to team up I think it's a bad design.

But I doubt that it will be that hard for new players.

I have a soft spot for new players of this game and want them to have a great experience! that's why I'm so keen on this topic.

I am resting a finger to be prepared for the usual F5 pressing event. A bit hyped to be honest.

Last 5 releases I remember were always late afternoon in Europe.

If I recall correctly, A16e came out somewhere during the night (here in mainland Europe).. I remember distinctly since I got out of bed very, very early on a Sunday morning.

My wife called me crazy for doing that just to play a zombie video game ^^

Not even close. It grew from 16 square kilometers(4km x 4km) to 36 square kilometers(6km x 6km). The old RWG was about 400 square km(20km x 20km).

I think the 16.4 RandomGen World is round with a Radius of 10km (314 squarekilometers) :)

If I recall correctly, A16e came out somewhere during the night (here in mainland Europe).. I remember distinctly since I got out of bed very, very early on a Sunday morning.

Crazy is better than normal. Indeed , I remember I was in a friend when a tweet from joel poped up saying A16e is out. I jumped from the sofa dancing and ppl wonder whats wrong/right. They thought it was because of a girl. Next morning was happy one.

Lol my wife just read you comment over my shoulder. And she agrees with your wife.

A few observations we made while watching various streams.. almost no one is using stealth at all, so its very hard to judge its impact. I know I'm always using it when going into a new poi.

Rare loot drops from zombies is great, but I think there needs to be a better visual cue to loot dropping. My wife pointed out the brown sack does blend in a lot with many of the ground textures. Maybe like the bird nests it can be brighter, or not affected by lighting and shadows as much?

Another improvement might be an audio que that loot has dropped.. not a toon bell or whistle, but maybe the sound of something hitting the ground or floor like a thump or something?

Its also really had to judge combat with streamers because they haven't levelled up enough perks to have thm stacked for combat enhancement.

We did watch one day 14 horde night stream.. they camped out at the navezgame diresville hospital roof. The zombies decimated the spikes by the ladders, then did navigate well to the roof access... but by midnight on day 14 horde night, there was just a tiny trickle of occasional zombies that were easily dispatched.

That seemed anticlimatic for seeing the first a17 night 14 horde night.

So I like that I can get some of my arrows back, will I be able to retrieve my casings? maybe an casing catcher mod?

Hm, sir, finding and getting a bullet casing out from a body is not like getting a stick out of it. I know what you mean and brass being ballanced could fix the problem with lack of .. of it.

I think it's great that co-op gets some real luv in this update. Also seeing the healthbar of friends is a big plus. With that said.

If it's that hard for new players that they have to team up I think it's a bad design.

But I doubt that it will be that hard for new players.

I have a soft spot for new players of this game and want them to have a great experience! that's why I'm so keen on this topic.

For SP, Easy has left the building.

A well organized team of four veteran players will face roll the game.

So far, SP is unrelentingly oppressive even to the expert players. Some have stopped streaming or are trying to figure things out offline.

Stamina is the center of everything a player does in A17. So, one player can do only so much in 7 days and no more (unless they find a coffee warehouse) :)

Judging my past releases. Expect it in the late afternoon. That is based on a PST time zone. When you see the forum crashing then you know its close

Thank you, brother. Im on eastern time, so I guess I'll go to work Monday and call out Tuesday lol. Anyone else feel like it's xmas eve? Geez I'm antsy.

Can't wait to see what you modders do with this too! ;-)

For SP, Easy has left the building.

A well organized team of four veteran players will face roll the game.

So far, SP is unrelentingly oppressive even to the expert players. Some have stopped streaming or are trying to figure things out offline.

Stamina is the center of everything a player does in A17. So, one player can do only so much in 7 days and no more (unless they find a coffee warehouse) :)

...or lower the difficulty setting. Which is harder to do then one would think. (I.e. ego in the way) :)

I am resting a finger to be prepared for the usual F5 pressing event. A bit hyped to be honest.

Last 5 releases I remember were always late afternoon in Europe.

keep seeing posts about pressing F5....what does this refer to? I almost never use the F keys, so I'm clueless about this. Is it for in game or on forums, or steam?

- - - Updated - - -

So when is A17 going to be released?? at midnight?? or just sometime on Monday??

I heard it would be in the evening so they can patch it tomorrow.....something like that

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if this was answered in anyones stream. But is there a party size limit?

heard party limit is 6

I've gotta say, this whole streamer-weekend setup is pretty torturous for those like me who want to avoid spoilers at all costs. My resistance to taking a peek is getting weaker by the minute.

To be fair, you already know the plot, and a heads up to how some of the mechanics work is frequently a lifesaver ;) I know what you mean though, getting to go in without anyone else's preconceptions and work out everything for yourself is way more fun

A17 will drop SOMETIME TOMORROW, provided no major bugs are discovered. This could mean tomorrow Papau New Guinea time or GMT or any other time zone on this planet or any other. There, you are answered. F5 is the REFRESH key, people use it to see if the announcement for the drop has happened. Go watch the streamers, nothing to see here for at least 13 more hours.

Archived