Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

also, sometimes (not always) there may be a regular brown burlap bag dropped after corpse despawns.. that is not the rare corpse loot... that was most likey some arrows. again... it doesnt happen all the time and not suppose to. but an FYI.

I was going to ask about that - does that mean that if you don't recover your arrows from the corpse before it despawns you don't lose them?

i agree more testing is never a bad thing as it has been proven... but point i was at is... the "misconception" that the streamers have to test before the public gets it which is totally wrong.

the concept was and still is... the streamers play thru and show off some aspects of the new stuff added or changed and if they stumble onto any bugs it will be caught by testers/devs and the public and thus looked into with hopes of no game breakers to hold back public release.

Ah I see... Well the fact that the streamer weekend is for marketing reasons, I believed to be well known...

Im just trying to point out, that it's not all boring/bad :)

But.... When you opt into latest_experimental, you will always automatically download the latest experimental build, and you can't revert to a previous experimental build. So if you want to play a17 before the stable release, then you will need to download the latest build every time you log in.

What? If you get a new version. Then login and find the world all screwy. Log back out, go to steam and opt in to the previous alpha. Go back to game and load save.

This has worked for me in the past for any update... You telling me I've been lucky?

After watching a couple of streams I can already tell there will be lots of complaining caused by the new difficulty on horde nights. Please don't listen to those people.

From what I saw, the streamers were genuinely excited.

Will there be complaints? Absolutely.

I expect rivers of delicious tears of unfathomable sadness.

The problem now is, everybody will get iron tools at lvl 20. It's not much of a choice, it's a "must take" skill at 20.

And why is that so? You refuse to loot anything? That's more of a personal restriction.

It's funny; I'm blessed and get to watch modders still excitedly mod for a16, like manux and his boat mod...

... I'm feeling super blessed that the pimps have made modding easier in a17, and want to take this last opportunity to thank them before the a18 thread is opened...

Thanks guys!

Those are awesome....would love to see the boats and fishing in game. Even the rebar trap having crabs in it would be cool. TFP just has to add a chance to get worms in the soil and a recipe for the fishing pole...VERY COOL!!

Boat animations looked great, but would love to be able to build more rustic boats , like on your server Gup.

I was going to ask about that - does that mean that if you don't recover your arrows from the corpse before it despawns you don't lose them?

"sometimes"... rng remember and its by design... thats why i noted "not always". but i have had a few fall on their face and got lucky with the sack appearing to fetch my arrows that i otherwise couldnt get...

No it doesn't. If the zombie despawns with your arrows in it your arrows will automatically become a sack (much like the sack when you throw out wood, stone etc) which you can pick up.

Seen it several times on streams.

After watching a couple of streams I can already tell there will be lots of complaining caused by the new difficulty on horde nights. Please don't listen to those people.

I would say Yes do listen to them. We as old school 7dtd:ers get easely bored. But for new players having a too difficult entry level will make people stop playing and give bad reviews, which leads to less money for TFP to develop cool stuff for us old timers.

@GAZZ would you say that it's easy for a new player to get by without having some one to hold his/her hand or studying tons of youtube videos?

Nobody knows...I think QA team and other people are working this we and I hope it will be released at noon CST tomorrow.

We can just hope they release it at 00:00 CST, there is no reason to delay it.

I don't understand company's that release them at random times.

A new player if going solo, needs to play on the easiest settings

and 120 mins per day

and shortest night

and airdrops every day.

Might have a chance if they don't want to die a lot.

Multi-player (even 2) is much stronger.

Edit: Why Multi-player is far better:

Group up and don't stop killing zombies for the first 4 days, for a big boost to exp, as each player will have a multiple that a single play could get. (I.E. with the shared experience, 4 players could each have 4 times the exp).

And why is that so? You refuse to loot anything? That's more of a personal restriction.

is there a specific USA streamer that highlighted horde night best? I would love to see that one.

A new player if going solo, needs to play on the easiest settings

and 120 mins per day

and shortest night

and airdrops every day.

Might have a chance if they don't want to die a lot.

Multi-player (even 2) is much stronger.

Edit: Why Multi-player is far better:

Group up and don't stop killing zombies for the first 4 days, for a big boost to exp, as each player will have a multiple that a single play could get. (I.E. with the shared experience, 4 players could each have 4 times the exp).

Difficulty of enemies is keyed on your xp progress in A17 it seems ( please correct me if I'm wrong). I don't see rushing xp gain is making you better because you will be at a high level with difficult enemies but don't have the good gear and materials to defend yourself.

This strategy worked much better in A16 because there enemy difficulty increased constantly with time so getting xp fast gave you an advantage

Archived