Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

A 17 must appear later otherwise we can not reach page 3000!

It might still reach 3000. There's still the frenzy of Kracken related posts, happy exclamations and About Time type posts, and then all the clamour over the streams, and discussions of what is observed in them.

At present most of the 7D2D audience is still unaware of the impending release, and some won't know until they see Steam doing an update on Monday (or later, depending on their settings and Steam use).

Personally, I expect this forum to go nuts over the weekend... a bad time to be Roland perhaps (my sympathies and respect to the guy - I don't know how he does it all... the regular job, the family, the forum).

Yes I was super rusty on that early 17 game play video I did. I'm a hardcore player again now. A17 is a new beast to tame though, and an amazing one at that. Its so incredible. You can mod everything... tools, weapons, armor. Vehicle mods in a18 I'm sure. The game has so much more content now and a deep late game compared to before. I managed to get to level 65 before one of my long saves broke and there was so much more I needed and wanted yet regarding perks, gear, mods a better base, etc. A16 I was pretty much end game at level 30 and building a mega castle for entertainment. Now you will be busy until level 100 for sure, if not further.

Might this be influenced by warframe? if so im so happy!

I have actually stared modding a16 to have a deeper purpose for grinding and looting, but now i hope i dont have to.

Yes, Monday it is in our hands (A17e), the "e" = bad bugs still might be there.

I anticipated the 19th so I have that whole week off (part of it being Thanksgiving holiday).

I took Monday as a day of vacation as I work the weekend nights and normally Monday and Tuesday nights but got Tuesday off for the Thanksgiving holiday so took Monday off.. right now SOO happy! LOL

Just a quick question.

Is it possible to use the experimental database after the stable branch was released?

I'm asking, because if it's possible, we don't need to begin from the beginning, after the stable branch was released.

That would depend on what bugs are found during experimental and what it takes to fix them. In other words impossible to answer now but highly unlikely.

Just a quick question.

Is it possible to use the experimental database after the stable branch was released?

I'm asking, because if it's possible, we don't need to begin from the beginning, after the stable branch was released.

Depends on the type of bugs they need to fix after releasing experimental really. So short answer: no way to tell but if you assume a wipe is needed, it wont frustrate you when it does.

Cheers

-edit- aaaaah beaten by a crook! ;)

Archived