Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I have one question, that might seem silly to some given all that's been added to Navezgane. Will I be able to make my saved map load in A17. I realize that with the changes in the leveling system my character file is probably corrupt, I just want to save some of the stuff I built in Navezgane. I spent a huge amount of time collecting stuff to build a castle in the Desert across the bridges to Departure, and it took FOREVER to build in Survival. I realize that if it loads then I won't get the new POIs, but I don't really mind starting a new CHARACTER with an old map.

i luv u madmol, pls giv mega castel poi in randomgenn tankss <33

Can't wait for next week.

We actually added a function to save your base or selected area as a POI. I'm not sure how to use it and stuff yet, but if someone made a cool POI in a real game, you could save it as a POI and share with others, restore your base because of an update breaking stuff, etc.

We actually added a function to save your base or selected area as a POI. I'm not sure how to use it and stuff yet, but if someone made a cool POI in a real game, you could save it as a POI and share with others, restore your base because of an update breaking stuff, etc.

That sounds great MadMole :) ! I can't wait to be able to share my best designs with my friends!

May I suggest another use? Perhaps allow admins to restore bases that were griefed in multiplayer servers?

That is amazing!

Servers have had this ability for some time, it will be nice to have the option to do in in single player though.

Does it actually work, or is it one of those luxury things that will be set in place during the experimental phase?

I usually build a smaller horde night bunker, and assuming it survives in a17, itd be nice to build automatically once I have the materials collected for it.

I also wonder if the RAT server manager will work with a17? If there was ONE person to give access to it early to, it would be the Rat developer so he can check it and we can setup servers with it on Monday.

Gazz mentioned a while back that the converter will be part of a17

OHhhh… nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Jezus. Crusader Kings 2 released their biggest DLC yesterday, and now 7 Days will get an update next week?

Too much stuff to play!

Battlfield 5 on Nov 20th..... I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!

I know, whichever has better lighting is getting my attention.

Jezus. Crusader Kings 2 released their biggest DLC yesterday, and now 7 Days will get an update next week?

Too much stuff to play!

Don`t call my name for no reason. We both know your choise in monday:)

- - - Updated - - -

Ha, you are afraid of dark.

@TFP

Now that A17e is going to be released I have a few questions regarding game play.

In A16 the chemistry station is gated to player level 60 because of the Science skill requirement of level 7 which seriously impeded progression, is that still the case in A17?

Is the quest system an integral part of progression in A17?

How many different trader factions made it into A17?

Did NPC parts runners for the various trading factions make it into A17 and if so will they have dialog that will give you the locations of traders for their faction?

Thanks in advance.

Just yesterday I tohught about this feature while playing A16.

I had built a base in a location that seemed like nice spot. Later, when I was exploring the map, I found so much more scenic place. I wished I had found that earlier but too much work had gone into my base to just leave it and build another one.

So I was thinking, could there be aprocess that lets me pack up my base and move it to a new spot?

It could require resources and time to do that of course - like run a generator for 24h in game straight until it packs up and the same time for setup. It seems it could be doable with this new feature.

OHhhh… nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Battlfield 5 on Nov 20th..... I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!

In Crusader Kings 2 you can pray to the god of lightning.. Does that count? Hah.. Count.. get it?

I'll show myself out.

- - - Updated - - -

Don`t call my name for no reason. We both know your choise in monday:)

- - - Updated - - -

Ha, you are afraid of dark.

Well.. Monday will probably be a Tuesday here in Europe.. And guess who's on a business-trip then? xD

That. Is. Awesome!

Archived