Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

We actually added a function to save your base or selected area as a POI. I'm not sure how to use it and stuff yet, but if someone made a cool POI in a real game, you could save it as a POI and share with others, restore your base because of an update breaking stuff, etc.

Super excited about this! Thank you for adding this function to the base game:hug: I can't wait to see how it's actually done:cheerful:

I have one question, that might seem silly to some given all that's been added to Navezgane. Will I be able to make my saved map load in A17. I realize that with the changes in the leveling system my character file is probably corrupt, I just want to save some of the stuff I built in Navezgane. I spent a huge amount of time collecting stuff to build a castle in the Desert across the bridges to Departure, and it took FOREVER to build in Survival. I realize that if it loads then I won't get the new POIs, but I don't really mind starting a new CHARACTER with an old map.

I doubt it will load. A lot of blocks have changed and how blocks are referenced by maps has changed.

sweeet, so excited to play. I'll be on most every night playing it. Trying to set up a time now with friends for us to play a full day. Also, is it still the same way to run a dedicated server with the startdedicated.bat? I figure it is, just wondering if that'll work right off.

At the house?

...leave a little room at the window for me.

Sorry, already there with a stack of pizzas, beer fridge and three ladies of... experience. No room!

I'll yell over to you what is happening: "Oh. My. God! That was amazing!"

I'll be more descriptive when they start streaming... :)

We actually added a function to save your base or selected area as a POI. I'm not sure how to use it and stuff yet, but if someone made a cool POI in a real game, you could save it as a POI and share with others, restore your base because of an update breaking stuff, etc.

Holy (Removed - A17e)!! No way, that actually gives me huge incentive to play serious on the experimental.

Sorry but for clarification, will the Monday release be A17-e or just A17?

It'll be a17-e

They do this so they can find game breaking bugs and fix them before the next major update.

It's already been stated in the forum here that they hope they can resolve any issues in three weeks before the holiday break. If they release weekly updates prepare to wipe your game completely and restart, or just wait until it moves from experimental to stable.

Archived