Matt115

13 hours ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

Spaceheim

Well vikings in space sounds like warhammer 40k

13 hours ago, Roland said:

Heimpyrion: 7 Lightyears to Die

and 700 time for gold XD

13 hours ago, Laz Man said:

A dating sim crossover would be unique....

7 senpai's noticed me....😅

Stealth play and sleeper tech. Already done.....😅

@Laz Man .... i expect something like that wrote by snowdog not by you! 

Damn but i have idea.... tyccon simulator mixed with dating sim in 7DTD universe! 

You play as trader and in this time you have to take on making bussiness and about love while siting in newsstand!

16 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Well space if it will something like 7dtd it will be  for sure not 100% about space to avoid "no man's sky" syndrom. So it will be probably medival because madmole love vikings 

What is 100% about space ? A game showing only a black screen ? 😉

Mentioning NMS in this regard when that is at least half about planets and animals does not help in any way. There are games that are much more space than NMS because all you can do is attach your ship to space stations.

3 minutes ago, meganoth said:

What is 100% about space ?

Mentioning NMS in this regard when that is at least half about planets and animals does not help in any way. There are games that are much more space than NMS because all you can do is attach your ship to space stations.

You wrote this 3 time - i mean i think space is 100% bad idea now ( now i mean next few years). Well at least from my experience - even if game is in space this game must be connected with any planet to have chance to be good except dead space and "flying simulator". So - i think TFP won't make their own X wing variation. let say it will be connected with rpg and survival shall we? So - it would be hard to make something similiar to 7dtd in space so we can throw this idea into bin, horror game with rpg and survival elements like dead space? well dead space remake will be soon this would be too risky.  

So i think : medival or alien planet are the most realistic variants. Or unusuall like ww1 or wild west

Personally, it might be fun to have a “trapped in a city” survival. Few animals, lots of buildings and corridors, etc. with a large park and zoo animals to hunt (meaning: very variable animals).

additionally: a sprawling and dangerous underground area.

even if it were 7D2D “like” (meaning all the voxels, all the look and feel of the current game), it would be a neat idea with a smallish hand curated map that’s very “in depth” in terms of layers above and below ground. I’m thinking like a staten island or jersey feel (big city islands).

other than different time periods, I feel there’s “survival” games in every biome/land/area I can think of. It’s hard to come up with a unique one that wouldn’t just be a run and shoot.  TFP kinda has a cornered market on voxel survival (with that particular look and feel) so I kinda with they did attempt a 7D2D sequel, just with the possibility of making it possible to “jump to different maps” so you could make very small, custom maps (maybe each having its own quests/special things) and then just hop from one to another via roads at the edges, or “planes/boats” etc you can find/build. Doing an amazing “expansion” would be neat, and they could reuse all the existing assets.

I know, just a dream and I’m not anywhere near the “business side” of it :)  I guess if they went bigger but the same they could just model the Earth with mini maps and we could literally fight using real world “locations” except it would be hard to model the interiors of the buildings… would need a crap ton of “pois” to fit any number of random building sizes and widths.  Imagine getting on a boat and sailing for a week in game with just the food and gas you have on board :)  you could even find “your home” in the real world (though it would be generic and not exact)  and build it up/defend.

23 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

You wrote this 3 time

Browser or internet malfunction, I immediately edited it.

23 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

- i mean i think space is 100% bad idea now ( now i mean next few years). Well at least from my experience - even if game is in space this game must be connected with any planet to have chance to be good except dead space and "flying simulator". So - i think TFP won't make their own X wing variation. let say it will be connected with rpg and survival shall we? So - it would be hard to make something similiar to 7dtd in space so we can throw this idea into bin, horror game with rpg and survival elements like dead space? well dead space remake will be soon this would be too risky.  

So i think : medival or alien planet are the most realistic variants. Or unusuall like ww1 or wild west

There is no unusual scenario anymore. Everything has been milked already. Especially the medieval period.

Secondly the release date of that game is so far in the future that the circumnstances are quite unpredictable for that time, at least concerning fashionable szenarios and rival games.

16 minutes ago, doughphunghus said:

Personally, it might be fun to have a “trapped in a city” survival. Few animals, lots of buildings and corridors, etc. with a large park and zoo animals to hunt (meaning: very variable animals).

additionally: a sprawling and dangerous underground area.

even if it were 7D2D “like” (meaning all the voxels, all the look and feel of the current game), it would be a neat idea with a smallish hand curated map that’s very “in depth” in terms of layers above and below ground. I’m thinking like a staten island or jersey feel (big city islands).

other than different time periods, I feel there’s “survival” games in every biome/land/area I can think of. It’s hard to come up with a unique one that wouldn’t just be a run and shoot.  TFP kinda has a cornered market on voxel survival (with that particular look and feel) so I kinda with they did attempt a 7D2D sequel, just with the possibility of making it possible to “jump to different maps” so you could make very small, custom maps (maybe each having its own quests/special things) and then just hop from one to another via roads at the edges, or “planes/boats” etc you can find/build. Doing an amazing “expansion” would be neat, and they could reuse all the existing assets.

I know, just a dream and I’m not anywhere near the “business side” of it :)  I guess if they went bigger but the same they could just model the Earth with mini maps and we could literally fight using real world “locations” except it would be hard to model the interiors of the buildings… would need a crap ton of “pois” to fit any number of random building sizes and widths.  Imagine getting on a boat and sailing for a week in game with just the food and gas you have on board :)  you could even find “your home” in the real world (though it would be generic and not exact)  and build it up/defend.

13 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Browser or internet malfunction, I immediately edited it.

There is no unusual scenario anymore. Everything has been milked already. Especially the medieval period.

Secondly the release date of that game is so far in the future that the circumnstances are quite unpredictable for that time, at least concerning fashionable szenarios and rival games.

unsual - not popular

few example

very popular : modern world ( i mean by this modern setting and conficts), ww2 , medival in europe and in Japan, alien planets

popular : abbadoned places,  , ww1 , vietnam , wild west , hell

not popular -  before ancient period, korea war, indians 

Well - it is not so far i think 7dtd will get gold after 2 - 3 years. So in this time will be released dead space remake for example. 

Well i suggest medieval period or steam punk because.... it would be pretty similiar to 7dtd so most thing is just done and most things need just to converse + make some things better and  new

27 minutes ago, meganoth said:

In addition, TFP doesn't seem to worry about it. The whole lifetime of 7D2D was and still is during a moment where zombies is considered to be overdone, and yet look at the success.

On 3/22/2022 at 2:28 AM, Fox said:

You guys mention Chess like that'd be a bad thing...

I actually remember playing the old Battle Chess game from 1988 when the pieces were alive and would kill or destroy the opponents pieces. I thought that was the coolest thing in the world back then. I think I still own it in my CD games collection.

In fact, I actually found the game on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/622830/Battle_Chess/

Am I just really old now? lol

Wow... holy crap!   I remember this game until my brother and I fought over the disks and ruined them.  :(

5 hours ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

In addition, TFP doesn't seem to worry about it. The whole lifetime of 7D2D was and still is during a moment where zombies is considered to be overdone, and yet look at the success.

Zombie were not considered as overdone - cod zombie community was very  active in this period

I am actually hoping for a fantasy setting. Maybe even with magic. Something like Conan Exiles with Age of Calamitous and EEWA mod, had a ton of fun with that. Done in TFP style with a gameplay more like 7 days than CE. What i don´t want 7 days like is the style of building. Really hoping for a game where we can build nice and beautiful looking stuff.

I would build a lot more in 7 days if it wasn´t for that forced worn out look on everything with the colours beeing hardcoded so we can´t even mod in nice colours. That really sucks hard.

4 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Zombie were not considered as overdone - cod zombie community was very  active in this period

Yes, a quick google search is all you need. People have been saying it for quite some time now. Do a search on YouTube and you'll find people talking about zombies being overused in media as long as 9 years ago (probably goes back even further but I don't feel like playing historian right now). Go to the Steam store and search for zombies and get 4500+ results.  Go to Wikipedia and look up a list of zombie movies. Compare the number created in the past 15 years to the rest of the list. Even the Walking Dead thought it would be best to call them something else. For kicks, I counted the number of zombie games I own and found 14. These are just the games where zombies are featured, not including games where zombies are secondary characters or games where the zombies have been called something else even though we all know they are zombies.

The one game that has never seen a sequel or a copy-cat of is Freelancer. The worst part is there is still a high demand for another Freelancer type game. That game is nearly 20 years old and yet it's still being compared to or at least talked about with nearly every space game out there being made today. A lot of space games claim to be similar to Freelancer, but they're just false claims and don't even come close in my opinion.

The closest I've seen to Freelancer was Rebel Galaxy, but that game was essentially capital ships only and far lower game budget. But you could tell there was some major inspiration taken from that game.

There's another game style that I know would sell several millions of copies easily and has never been done before, but it's my game concept and I don't want anyone to steal it from me, especially since I'm pretty sure TFP would consider it if given the chance.

How about a Shadowrun style sandbox game set in a run-down sleazy dystopia, using the proc gen city tech they've already developed. Make the style lower poly like Unreal engine 3. That looks nice but it's a lot less work to develop assets for and you can run it on a potato. People don't really care about graphics in indie games. What matters is gameplay and innovation.

The setting has endless potential. There could be biomes like the slums, abandoned wasteland, industrial area, etc. You could manage a gang and choose what to specialize in, such as hacking/infiltration, security/bodyguarding, or ghoul/supernatural creature extermination. Then take over territory, fight other gangs and corps, do proc gen missions, respond to attacks from other organizations, amass your funds and resources, and take over the city. Endgame could be an endless fight for power against another super powerful competing megacorp. It could be kind of like Kenshi but more exciting and more accessible.

I really hope they're working on something we haven't seen before. I'd be disappointed if it turned out to be following current trends or be set in the same European forest we've seen 1000 times already.

1 hour ago, Fox said:

but it's my game concept and I don't want anyone to steal it from me

A long time ago I would have agreed... now I know, "ideas are cheap". :dispirited:

What makes the real difference is not the actual idea, but if someone is able to implement that idea in the best possible way.

As much as i like the idea of a RPG/Survival game in the Shadowrun universe, there is a reason it hasn´t been one yet. It´s way too complex. At least if you wanna stay true to SR. Hackers and riggers would need a game inside the game when using their abilities for example. And imagine beeing a character using magic facing a street samurai with reflexboosters. A balancing nightmare.

I played the pen&paper SR for years, but i don´t think this would be a good idea to make. They would have to cut down a lot of what SR is to keep it managable in a survival game.

Also most people nowadays would think it´s a CP2077 clone. Sadly

11 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I am actually hoping for a fantasy setting. Maybe even with magic. Something like Conan Exiles with Age of Calamitous and EEWA mod, had a ton of fun with that. Done in TFP style with a gameplay more like 7 days than CE. What i don´t want 7 days like is the style of building. Really hoping for a game where we can build nice and beautiful looking stuff.

I would build a lot more in 7 days if it wasn´t for that forced worn out look on everything with the colours beeing hardcoded so we can´t even mod in nice colours. That really sucks hard.

i hope too but i prefere darker setting

9 hours ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

Yes, a quick google search is all you need. People have been saying it for quite some time now. Do a search on YouTube and you'll find people talking about zombies being overused in media as long as 9 years ago (probably goes back even further but I don't feel like playing historian right now). Go to the Steam store and search for zombies and get 4500+ results.  Go to Wikipedia and look up a list of zombie movies. Compare the number created in the past 15 years to the rest of the list. Even the Walking Dead thought it would be best to call them something else. For kicks, I counted the number of zombie games I own and found 14. These are just the games where zombies are featured, not including games where zombies are secondary characters or games where the zombies have been called something else even though we all know they are zombies.

cod 2012  - cod bo 2 one of the best maps in cod zombie history. And look how many people talk about zombie mode in cod there and now . 

Well in this came Dead space 3 which is zombie  game without calling them zombie ( Btw in WD there zombie are not called zombie because Romeo never made a movie in this universe), the last of us with clickers etc. well in tlous2 , DL2 zombie are secondary characters too :)

4 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

A long time ago I would have agreed... now I know, "ideas are cheap". :dispirited:

What makes the real difference is not the actual idea, but if someone is able to implement that idea in the best possible way.

Yep that's true.

5 hours ago, geengaween said:

How about a Shadowrun style sandbox game set in a run-down sleazy dystopia, using the proc gen city tech they've already developed. Make the style lower poly like Unreal engine 3. That looks nice but it's a lot less work to develop assets for and you can run it on a potato. People don't really care about graphics in indie games. What matters is gameplay and innovation.

The setting has endless potential. There could be biomes like the slums, abandoned wasteland, industrial area, etc. You could manage a gang and choose what to specialize in, such as hacking/infiltration, security/bodyguarding, or ghoul/supernatural creature extermination. Then take over territory, fight other gangs and corps, do proc gen missions, respond to attacks from other organizations, amass your funds and resources, and take over the city. Endgame could be an endless fight for power against another super powerful competing megacorp. It could be kind of like Kenshi but more exciting and more accessible.

I really hope they're working on something we haven't seen before. I'd be disappointed if it turned out to be following current trends or be set in the same European forest we've seen 1000 times already.

This setting is dead as hell. Honestly this new necromunda and hire gun setting is similiar, and few other's game that i don't even remember games.  Copy past similiar locations etc. so honestly few games show that can't work good. So - if even studios with $$$$  don't touch something it mean better to left this as it is dead.

Well - martha is dead is good example how to use nice WW2 setting or plague tale how to make unique setting for medival game

3 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

As much as i like the idea of a RPG/Survival game in the Shadowrun universe, there is a reason it hasn´t been one yet. It´s way too complex. At least if you wanna stay true to SR. Hackers and riggers would need a game inside the game when using their abilities for example. And imagine beeing a character using magic facing a street samurai with reflexboosters. A balancing nightmare.

I played the pen&paper SR for years, but i don´t think this would be a good idea to make. They would have to cut down a lot of what SR is to keep it managable in a survival game.

Also most people nowadays would think it´s a CP2077 clone. Sadly

Well - people complain about hacking in games  and balance in rpg with guns ( i mean  deus ex as example) and killing setting if you make 50 head shot to bald guy and this guy is still alive. So i hope this setting will be just dead and used for fps and rts only

23 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

Two games iirc.  A brand new one and one that has to do with 7days.  I'd *guess* it's medieval based given Joel's love for medieval. 

Yep i think this same. And honestly it would be pretty easy to convers 7dtd into 7dtd medival

21 hours ago, Matt115 said:

unsual - not popular

few example

very popular : modern world ( i mean by this modern setting and conficts), ww2 , medival in europe and in Japan, alien planets

popular : abbadoned places,  , ww1 , vietnam , wild west , hell

not popular -  before ancient period, korea war, indians 

Well - it is not so far i think 7dtd will get gold after 2 - 3 years. So in this time will be released dead space remake for example. 

Well i suggest medieval period or steam punk because.... it would be pretty similiar to 7dtd so most thing is just done and most things need just to converse + make some things better and  new

So what if dead space is released in 2-3 years when 7D2D comes out? Most people will play DS in the following 1-2 months after release. That will be long forgotten when say 5-7 years after THAT event the new game from TFP comes out.

Dead Space would have to be the catalyst of a huge multi-year wave of copy-cat games to make the space survival genre unpopular at that time.

Now sure, TFP could use EA with the new game as well, but to start they would need just a moderately big crowd of players not influenced by flighty fashions. They can wait for opinions to swing around while their game is growing in EA

Archived