TFP new games?

Matt115

Well i'm not 100% so i'm want to make sure : Do TFP work's on another games too? i mean by this something like they say they have concepts from another games after finish 7DTD. I think someone wrote about that in past but i'm not sure so maybe someone know if i'm wrong ?

You guys mention Chess like that'd be a bad thing...

I actually remember playing the old Battle Chess game from 1988 when the pieces were alive and would kill or destroy the opponents pieces. I thought that was the coolest thing in the world back then. I think I still own it in my CD games collection.

In fact, I actually found the game on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/622830/Battle_Chess/

Am I just really old now? lol

10 hours ago, Fox said:

There's been mentions of another game being made behind the curtain, but nothing official yet (at least not that I'm aware of).

So it was my imagination

5 hours ago, Fox said:

You guys mention Chess like that'd be a bad thing...

I actually remember playing the old Battle Chess game from 1988 when the pieces were alive and would kill or destroy the opponents pieces. I thought that was the coolest thing in the world back then. I think I still own it in my CD games collection.

In fact, I actually found the game on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/622830/Battle_Chess/

Am I just really old now? lol

Well i remember similiar Battle Chess 3d ( or Fantasy Battle Chess because this had few names). 

People mention Chess like bad thing because.... if you played in one Chess game you played one of them. For some Chess was for some companies like "easy and cheap to make game with 100% chance of return" and nobody was thinking what can be change : add new figures with new lines etc.

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Madmole and Lathan stated in one of the dev streams that they are already working on a new game, even before A20 dropped. It´s offical as you can see here at their website: https://thefunpimps.com/jobs/  We propably won´t know anything specific about it before 7 days does release though. They only said it will not be 7 days to die part 2.

well so i'm right about that but... i hope it will be something similar

@Matt115 The description for the UE Senior Programmer says they want someone with "A love for survival and RPG games". So chances are there that it might be similar.

I am just happy that they go unreal engine this time. The restrictions that unity has is why we can´t have nice things in 7 days. Like really huge hordes.

14 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Well i'm not 100% so i'm want to make sure : Do TFP work's on another games too? i mean by this something like they say they have concepts from another games after finish 7DTD. I think someone wrote about that in past but i'm not sure so maybe someone know if i'm wrong ?

Of course yes, lol, otherwise what are they doing there at all?

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@Matt115 The description for the UE Senior Programmer says they want someone with "A love for survival and RPG games". So chances are there that it might be similar.

I am just happy that they go unreal engine this time. The restrictions that unity has is why we can´t have nice things in 7 days. Like really huge hordes.

Well yes and no because in theory it can more similiar to  for example skyrim. So next game can be not voxel game

35 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

Of course yes, lol, otherwise what are they doing there at all?

Making 7dtd?

Ah, that kind of similar. Well i actually don´t mind a different setting. I played a ton of conan exiles and valheim, so a fantasy setting really wouldn´t bother me as long as the gameplay is good.

You can do voxels in Unreal Engine 5. To my understanding (wich doesn´t mean anything here, i know nothing basically) you can have parts of the world as voxel for example. Wich would mean it would be less demanding on the hardware while still having the freedom of destruction in the gameplay i guess. Need to inform myself on that if i have some time left.

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Ah, that kind of similar. Well i actually don´t mind a different setting. I played a ton of conan exiles and valheim, so a fantasy setting really wouldn´t bother me as long as the gameplay is good.

You can do voxels in Unreal Engine 5. To my understanding (wich doesn´t mean anything here, i know nothing basically) you can have parts of the world as voxel for example. Wich would mean it would be less demanding on the hardware while still having the freedom of destruction in the gameplay i guess. Need to inform myself on that if i have some time left.

they say it will be not 7DTD 2 so : theory 1. they are tired of voxel game and want to make something not voxel  or 2 . survival can be put everwhere even to cod ( cod zombies) so this can be something like witcher in this hardcore mode ( you have to drink and eat).

I hope for medival setting very dark like plague tale but i usualy i'm wrong so there is small chance for it

20 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

they say it will be not 7DTD 2 so : theory 1. they are tired of voxel game and want to make something not voxel  or 2 . survival can be put everwhere even to cod ( cod zombies) so this can be something like witcher in this hardcore mode ( you have to drink and eat).

I don't think they want to get rid of voxels completely. They have invested too much work not to use the knowledge they have acquired. However, they will probably limit the use. For example, the map could be static but buildings could be voxels.

Just now, RipClaw said:

I don't think they want to get rid of voxels completely. They have invested too much work not to use the knowledge they have acquired. However, they will probably limit the use. For example, the map could be static but buildings could be voxels.

well experiences can be use in another way - even like destoing building in BF or red faction style. So this don't have to be voxel game

58 minutes ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

I'm going with something to do with space.

From a creative standpoint, I don't think it can be resisted after a decade of developing. I couldn't resist it at least.

Well space if it will something like 7dtd it will be  for sure not 100% about space to avoid "no man's sky" syndrom. So it will be probably medival because madmole love vikings 

Archived