Alpha 21 Discussion Overflow

meilodasreh

1 hour ago, thatguy619 said:

I know this is PC but I had a dream where console got an update and I was very happy and I woke up to play it and MD 5 error taken my whole bas away

That sounds traumatic, how did it make you feel? 🤪

7 hours ago, thatguy619 said:

I know this is PC but I had a dream where console got an update and I was very happy and I woke up to play it and MD 5 error taken my whole bas away

This error Will never be correct because the actual version is abandonned. BUT a new console version is in preparation (same version of pc) just wait and ignore this md5 problem until New version is out like me.

Yeah yeah i'm a console players i see critic coming because pc players hate us we are baby cry because we reclam an update but they cry when they passed 3 months without update. Who is the worst if we check the reality. Not console community. Not necessary respond me i never read answers except if its developper themself.

10 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

paternalizing

Perhaps the word you're looking to misapply is 'Patronising.'

10 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

You talk about acting like a child and then, when you're confronted with real arguments, you kick the ball out of the courtyard and run away.

Tu Quoque. You really love those fallacies.

This conversation is done, move on.

Edited by Beelzebubs Ghost (see edit history)

22 minutes ago, maxousara said:

This error Will never be correct because the actual version is abandonned. BUT a new console version is in preparation (same version of pc) just wait and ignore this md5 problem until New version is out like me.

Yeah yeah i'm a console players i see critic coming because pc players hate us we are baby cry because we reclam an update but they cry when they passed 3 months without update. Who is the worst if we check the reality. Not console community. Not necessary respond me i never read answers except if its developper themself.

PC players do not hate console players. What we "hate" are people who can`t read or comprehend basic information always asking the same question even if it has been answered multiple times.

On 8/27/2022 at 10:14 AM, Blake_ said:

What if you could tell the drone to go harvest <select a field of crops> for you? Or have some kind of electric contraption that harvests for us in the late, LATE game.

Farming is nice. But it gets tedious later in the game if you plant, say , just a few dozen crops. Having a way to reduce that time would give us more of that precious time to do any other thing, like enjoying emergent gameplay or watching the sunset while holding hands with Snowdog.

That sound interesting and doable!

Something like a  blade trap, moves on a track (trains will be a sure thing!) cutting down (and digging up?) one row on each side with the drones picking up the food.  

It could be done...

5 hours ago, Beelzebubs Ghost said:

Tu Quoque. You really love those fallacies.

Except that Jost wasn't trying to justify his argument or his own behavior by saying "You're doing it too". He was simply pointing out your hypocrisy. Tu Quoque is a fallacy when a person avoids talking about the the argument and instead focuses on how the person is behaving badly. Jost is addressing your points AND pointing out how you are not adhering to the same level of discourse you accuse others of violating. Instead of offering a counter-argument you simply say that the discussion is over.

I just saw on Reddit on r/gaming yesterday, an indie developer posted a short video of his water in action for a voxel game he’s developing. The waves in the water look incredible. He didn’t mention the game engine but did mention that he got water flowing by rounding the water voxels, whatever that means.

58 minutes ago, Star69 said:

I just saw on Reddit on r/gaming yesterday, an indie developer posted a short video of his water in action for a voxel game he’s developing. The waves in the water look incredible. He didn’t mention the game engine but did mention that he got water flowing by rounding the water voxels, whatever that means.

Looks like it might be this post? and yeah it looks amazing if those are voxels

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

The game is called Foundry, a sort of mash up between Satisfactory, Factorio and Minecraft. The actual water won't end up being nearly this crazy, but this was a really cool experiment that I wanted to share.

I guess they decided to start big and then downgrade it to more realistic levels. 

look at it flow tho. 🤤

Imgur

12 hours ago, thatguy619 said:

It sucks lol but I know there will be an update but not soon enough there taking  there sweet ass time with this new update please fix MD 5 error 

Not gonna happen - ever. The current console version is no longer updated. Period. The NEW and standalone console port will be done after the PC game is finished being developed. So if you have the current console version, live with it or don't play it. Those are your options.

1 hour ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

I want to add Will the random creepy sounds come back. The ones that sounded like whispers I think they were in alpha 12

sounds like this from Alpha 11

Unless I'm mistaken, that first clip sounds awfully like what you currently hear in the wasteland, so I don't think those sounds went anywhere. I guess it's possible they were in A19 (when I first started playing) and removed for A20.

As far the as the whispers, damn those are creepy, but I almost don't think it fits in the universe. Feels more paranormal than horror, but that's just me.

3 hours ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

I want to add Will the random creepy sounds come back. The ones that sounded like whispers I think they were in alpha 12

sounds like this from Alpha 11

Or this

I never played these earlier alphas  but it all sounds familiar to me.  was any of that in the stalker franchise or similar to it?  or maybe in alpha 15-17?  either way i  see what your saying it fits fairly well.  the creepy whispering is still there.  its made me jump recently lol

3 hours ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

I want to add Will the random creepy sounds come back. 

Brings back so much good moments.

These sounds really gave this feeling that we are in a lost place, in which something really bad and big happened and continues to happen, but we had to survive and move on somehow. Each one of us in its own way. Even alone. 

The creepiness and awareness, that these sounds added to the world out there was just fantastic. 

Man, been a while since I have heard those creepy sounds.  I don't blame the player who recorded the video to stop and look behind them lol...

The cries didn't seem like babies to me, but creepy dying gasps of someone unfortunate...*looks behind himself*

😅

3 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Man, been a while since I have heard those creepy sounds.  I don't blame the player who recorded the video to stop and look behind them lol...

The cries didn't seem like babies to me, but creepy dying gasps of someone unfortunate...*looks behind himself*

😅

I always took the crying to be the more intelligent zeds using mimicry to try to lure gullible "good Samaritans" into a trap.

6 hours ago, Syphon583 said:

Unless I'm mistaken, that first clip sounds awfully like what you currently hear in the wasteland, so I don't think those sounds went anywhere. I guess it's possible they were in A19 (when I first started playing) and removed for A20.

As far the as the whispers, damn those are creepy, but I almost don't think it fits in the universe. Feels more paranormal than horror, but that's just me.

Not necessarily. Think The Whisperers from The Walking Dead. Nothing paranormal about those crazy bastages.