Alpha 21 Discussion Overflow

meilodasreh

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

Well there is bigger chance to find magasine about something in places connected with this thing? i mean - in bar top chef magazine, in electric shop advance engenering etc

Themed looting is also something that would be cool and, IIRC, they are already headed in that direction.

Though, coupling it with the new magazine "system" would just be the icing on the cake, IMO. :eyebrows:

5 hours ago, Roland said:

That's because you already had many hours played before the update. We have reports of players already into the 1000s of hours and they started with A20. 

So even soulless A20 seems to still have the power to provide the type of fun you remember from when you began for many new players today. :)

The point of the updates is not to add enough new content to keep veteran players enamored but to get the base game fleshed out and ready for release. 

If it isn't too much trouble, kindly leave that determination to me. 

I think I'm better qualified to give my reasons than you or anyone else.

53 minutes ago, Beelzebubs Ghost said:

*soothing hypnotic voice*

"You feel tired... very tired of playing 7D2D again... your eyelids are heavy... you want to stop playing 7D2D and go to sleep... at the count of three" :yawn:

4 hours ago, Beelzebubs Ghost said:

I think I'm better qualified to give my reasons than you or anyone else.

If it makes you feel better just read my “you” as being a generalized “you” for anyone who could be called a veteran player. It’s pretty reasonable to expect any such person to not get as many hours of further enjoyment from updates that are meant to bolster the basic version of the game. 

It doesn’t take a leap of logic to see why a typical veteran of the game is going to want new and exciting content that pthey’ve never experienced rather than adjustments to existing features, graphical updates of existing decorations, animation improvements of existing models, and updates of existing POIs. 

I mean…not you of course…just other veterans who make the same exact complaints that you do and want the same sort of content updates that you want and get bored of each new alpha update a little faster than the one before exactly as you described.

And the fact that new players without so much time sunk into the game are extremely pleased with the gameplay and are happily putting 1000’s of hours into A20 belies the claim that the game is actually empty. 

What’s wrong with that assessment for the general population of veteran players?

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Roland said:

If it makes you feel better just read my “you” as being a generalized “you” for anyone who could be called a veteran player. It’s pretty reasonable to expect any such person to not get as many hours of further enjoyment from updates that are meant to bolster the basic version of the game. 

It doesn’t take a leap of logic to see why a typical veteran of the game is going to want new and exciting content that pthey’ve never experienced rather than adjustments to existing features, graphical updates of existing decorations, animation improvements of existing models, and updates of existing POIs. 

I mean…not you of course…just other veterans who make the same exact complaints that you do and want the same sort of content updates that you want and get bored of each new alpha update a little faster than the one before exactly as you described.

And the fact that new players without so much time sunk into the game are extremely pleased with the gameplay and are happily putting 1000’s of hours into A20 belies the claim that the game is actually empty. 

What’s wrong with that assessment for the general population of veteran players?

If you don't mean me then leave me out of the quote when making generalisms.

The rest of your comment does not apply to me. I made clear my experience and gave my reasons why, determinations you are in no way qualified to make, nor is anyone else.

Kindly leave me aside of the general crowd and continue your speculations on the aforementioned as you see fit.

On 6/1/2022 at 9:43 AM, Matt115 said:

Had because people still buy Skyrim. Why would a  lot people  stil buying skyrim 5 years after released if there wasn't mods?

Rumors about Starfield are old - if i good remember i saw first news about that after Fallout new vegas. Btw that's why i hope starfiled will be terrible.  I just want new things. 

This really sounds conceited.  If I can't get TES VI, I hope that Starfield is terrible for anyone looking forward to it.  You know, BGS should be able to make other games than Fallout and TES without getting the hatred towards their new projects.

i"m not anti modding. I'm anti modding about TES. Why? i don't have problems with DOW 1. Because Warhammer 40k have tons of books, codexs etc . Tes had only games and 3 books. I like stalker mods but we have a lot of canon stalker books too. 

Unoffical game patch mod was even in Daggerfall and honestly .... lore is only reason to play Daggerfall without this patch. RLY if you play daggerfall "for fun" you would stop very fast because of bugs.

"And every time you argue against mods, you always bring up the extreme ones in your crusade against mods (nudity, cartoonish, joke, etc)." - this is only problem with skyrim and it was problem before l4d2 get workshop. Skyrim, l4d2 , stalker , sw bf 2 have a lot of rly seriouse mods too - last alpha for stalker, clone wars for sw bf2 etc,

"Bethseda decided they wanted to do minimal effort in porting the game from the consoles to the PC" do you remember paid mods in console editions?  Paid Mods | The Elder Scrolls Mods Wiki | Fandom . This was option for  bethesda to get more cash right?

Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but modding for TES is here to stay.   If Bethesda were to shoot themselves in the foot, they would remove it and see what the fanbase says.  The thing is, modding in TES does not affect you at all.  You can still play the TES games without mods.

2 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

This really sounds conceited.  If I can't get TES VI, I hope that Starfield is terrible for anyone looking forward to it.  You know, BGS should be able to make other games than Fallout and TES without getting the hatred towards their new projects.

Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but modding for TES is here to stay.   If Bethesda were to shoot themselves in the foot, they would remove it and see what the fanbase says.  The thing is, modding in TES does not affect you at all.  You can still play the TES games without mods.

1. Not rly - CD projekt probably now making W4 because well Cyberpunk have bad opinion. And that's pretty normal if new brand don't work studio back to making "old brand" games. CoD ghost looks... generic so Acti decided to throw this to bin and return to "classic" series, NZ mode in WW2 was meh? in V they decided to return into Aeather story. Chaos story was boring? return of classic one. PoP 2008 was "reboot" and people don't liked this? return of old PoP.  DmC was bad? Devs decided to make Devil may Cry 5  etc.  So... if  Starfield will be bad they will back to F and TES because this will "safer" option for them that making another starfield or another new brand for some time. 

Conceited? no. Maybe hm... too much negative and deppresing. Because i focus how market works - if new brand don't work this mean it's usually best option to focus on actual brands until you get enough resources. Damn i wish i could think more like typical human XD 

2. I agree with you. Because after skyrim popularity it would be very stupid idea. But if they give up after morrowind probably oblivion and skyrim would be like witcher ( i know there is some mods to witcher but are not such popular as skyrim mods)  - know becauche this game have good story and world.

Well, I should rethink the time I make my comments then, so devs can read them before Roland checks in 😁 Its a shame another comment straight up mentioning LBD was there but mine wasn't.

Now that we are here, I can push the discussion further, right?

I will start with the very basic: no one cares about crafting LBD. None of the mods that reimplement it include crafting, and no one complains about the lack of it. I'm saying this because its the reason given in comments and streams regarding the removal of it.

The second point is the limitation on modding it back . Right now we have LBD mods with limited capabilities and a rough UI, and you know.. its better than nothing, but would be amazing to have what we once had. Even if just an option or modding capability.

Third point is a bit rude, I'm trying to find a good way to describe it. The game has been oversimplified despite so many people voicing against it; blocks, biomes, weapons, everything. Meanwhile we got stuff like candies that give superpowers and the "improvement" of punching crops instead of collecting them. A lot of decisions just make no sense, and while its 100% up to you to decide what to implement, it really sucks when someone comes and says he knows whats fun. In that sense I have full respect for Rick who came in a stream and actually answered why LBD was gone.

My ideal scenario includes LBD as a complement to the perk system, not as the main thing.  It would increase weapon handling, reload times and other stuff that you are supposed to improve with use. Its not a "learn to craft pistols by shooting with them".

It could MAYBE affect the loss of quality while repairing, which is another mechanic ripped from a16. 600 quality, weapon parts assembly, stuff that helped sink the excess of loot thats a problem nowadays. A problem that was literally created as a bonus while dumbing down the system. 🤷‍♂️

-------

Now completely unrelated, traders could get a pass. Some of the best clothes are cheap as hell. Firearms start with very low prices, despite being a huge improvement even at low tiers. Quests give insane and unbalanced rewards. Lootable trader shelves are weird.

-------

On 6/2/2022 at 10:21 PM, Roland said:

Welp, people that didn't experience previous systems can't compare them and judge if it feels empty or not. A player that would have enjoyed 3k hours before may enjoy 1k now and have no idea on what he is missing. Remember I was the one to say the game feels empty, and I was comparing with previous alphas while describing it.

Its a great game, worth buying for sure. I didn't make a negative review on steam, instead I recommended friends to buy it. Whether some decisions were positive or not is a different thing and can coexist with it still being a good game.

11 hours ago, danielspoa said:

A player that would have enjoyed 3k hours before may enjoy 1k now and have no idea on what he is missing.

We can explore the multiverse of what ifs forever but what it comes down to is results. This game still inspires people to devote a thousand hours to playing it. You’re saying that they might have enjoyed 3k hours vs the 1k they are getting now. Most games studios are thrilled if they can keep the attention of a player for 20-40 hours on their game. I’d love to see a negative review where someone complains that they could only eke out 1k hours of entertainment. 

8 hours ago, Roland said:

We can explore the multiverse of what ifs forever but what it comes down to is results. This game still inspires people to devote a thousand hours to playing it. You’re saying that they might have enjoyed 3k hours vs the 1k they are getting now. Most games studios are thrilled if they can keep the attention of a player for 20-40 hours on their game. I’d love to see a negative review where someone complains that they could only eke out 1k hours of entertainment. 

so you are agreeing to my point. The game is still great, but we can't say as a fact its more or less empty than before. We can have opinions.

When you used that to contest my feeling of it being more empty you were basing it on the IF above. Nothing that invalidates the previous comments.

It was a successful game. It still is a successful game.

I don't take that from you.

Edited by danielspoa (see edit history)

What we need in 7 days to die. You need a new super tough zombie. I play alot of kanes modded 7 days to die and love the demons. Now let's get a resident evil style zombie. Completely random you kill a zombie and it sprouts the head and tentacles and becomes a super tough zombie. I thunk this would add a huge element to an already great game

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

I think there are more important questions: What about underwater newsstands?

😉

Yes this is imporant too - well you remind me one time when i  saw halve flooded newsstand XD 

45 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Now that makes no sense at all...then all of the magazines would get wet....

Yes but it's not only point of newsstands. Do you want water ? newsstand. Do you want  chemicals? newsstand! Do you want knife? newsstand! plastic? newsstand! parts? newsstands! , glue? newsstands! As you see - newsstand is ultimate shop. Just put there skeleton and it will be perfect

1 hour ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

@faatal what’s the approximate ETA for Alpha 21. We all have been around long enough to know whatever date is a realistic estimate and that estimate can change.

i dont believe there is an approximate date for release it depends on what they chose makes it into a21 and once its all in the alpha they need to get rid of all the mf bugs which is must fix then they can get some sort of release window out to the public my guess being if all goes well most likely end of this year and if something goes horribly wrong latest would be mid way through feb of next year but that may depend on if bandits are coming still which i dont think they are in this alpha 

56 minutes ago, Roland said:

Thanks Shape Guy!

That's a shortsighted description. He also does concrete things. Seriously, the shape menu is one of the best features in the game. No need to be "edgy" about it and hide in corners. I would write 50cm columns about it. Clocking out.

1 hour ago, Dutchie said:

In the future, will there be more options on how players can decide to progress through their levels? I thoroughly enjoyed how leveling was done in A15 and 16 and would like an option of that capability to make its way into later updates. I don't know how much work would go into making something like that possible, but giving players old and new different ways to play the game is the reason i love this game.

Cheers!

Wait! Are you talking about...

Spoiler

Suspicious Blank Template - ImgflipREINTRODUCING LBD??

Edited by Jost Amman (see edit history)

44 minutes ago, Captain Mightypants said:

The only Question I have, regarding the Water overhaul, will I be able to build some kind of Fountain by digging a straight line from Sea ?

faatal said water wont flow.... 😞