Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

4 hours ago, meilodasreh said:

Not sure, at least I can't find any more about airdrops in the patch notes besides the "fixed an issue with..." 🤔

But as you say it, I should have got an airdrop by now, and I can't remember having heard the plane...well was clearing higashi tower, so I might just have missed it, because it was during one of those "why is there this strangely calm passage with all these exhaust vent walls?-situations"😄

So what happened for me the first time playing b15 (with an old save) was still no airdrop first time I hit 12:00 but then got an airdrop at 19:00 that day and then back to the normal 12:00 daily airdrops after that

On 8/3/2023 at 12:22 PM, Morloc said:

If there isn't....there should be! 🧛🏻‍♂️

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

Like a few things *cough* *cough* Enemie spawn rate, *cough* flamethrower trap, *cough* Enemie aggression *COUGH* 

Sorry had a cold

(Also I don't know how spoilers work on moble)

b64561d4-fd0b-4ae5-b15e-34e15359e0c0.png

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

Good day TFP's

Question ... I keep getting this warning message when checking "F1" for issues and it just started after starting to build a base .. at first I thought it might have something to Do with old POI that I was using ... But have removed all containers.

Just wondering if it is a bug, as a yellow alert no biggie. Just wondering🤔

Thank You and have a Great week. The OldGamer 😌

New copy posted on 8/09/23

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

i think if we have  added options for the menu above the console port will have more customisability over game settings and player preferred options (assuming console wont get mods to choose from since they cannot mod the spawn rates of enemies themselves.)

a common argument made is if you want extra zombie spawn amounts the answer is they are easily moddable (which is very true on pc) but console folk do not have the same privilege

Edited by Callum123456789 (see edit history)

33 minutes ago, Callum123456789 said:

i think if we have  added options for the menu above the console port will have more customisability over game settings and player preferred options (assuming console wont get mods to choose from since they cannot mod the spawn rates of enemies themselves.)

a common argument made is if you want extra zombie spawn amounts the answer is they are easily moddable (which is very true on pc) but console folk do not have the same privilege

thats what ive been saying for....

uummmm
however long ive been on here Lmao

Are there any plans to actually disable Gamesense trying to connect to a game that has it disabled in the settings? Twice now I've had a very strange error throw up in the middle of fighting zombies when gamesense can't try to not-connect to my game. I think it might be my internet going dark for a few seconds which I guess maybe... actually stops it from trying to connect to the server? idk I'm not smart LOL

That and when did the change occur that your new game settings reset every time you make a new one? I don't remember that ever happening before a21, but I go through games like zombies go through animal corpses that die on cacti in the desert, and my options don't stay anymore :(

2 hours ago, Callum123456789 said:

They might not do it so people don't see their console experience instant combustion with extra zombie spawns.

9 hours ago, Doomofman said:

So what happened for me the first time playing b15 (with an old save) was still no airdrop first time I hit 12:00 but then got an airdrop at 19:00 that day and then back to the normal 12:00 daily airdrops after that

Been playing on a dedi server in the latest experimental and have had air drops -- still at 12:00 every time. Sometimes two air drops at once (I think because there are a lot of players on)

Edited by NekoPawtato (see edit history)

On 8/4/2023 at 11:23 PM, meganoth said:

You are correct, but see it this way. If I said that Australia and New Zeeland are continents, wouldn't it be sensible to correct me on the wrong part even though the other part was correct?

ummm, first, its new zeAland bro, and second, science just recently gave us continental status, just that most of it is underwater.

that surely mandates adding fishing into 7dtd.

so its hard to correct either part if they are both correct...

fake news alert?

1 hour ago, NukemDed said:

ummm, first, its new zeAland bro, and second, science just recently gave us continental status, just that most of it is underwater.

that surely mandates adding fishing into 7dtd.

so its hard to correct either part if they are both correct...

fake news alert?

You are from Australia or NZ ? Please don`t ask The Pimps to add spiders. Please, man ! 

P.S. On second thought, I am looking for a reason, for a flamethrower to be added, so go on :)

Edited by beerfly (see edit history)

14 hours ago, RhinoW said:

They might not do it so people don't see their console experience instant combustion with extra zombie spawns.

I'm able to play Ark with tons of dinos at my base moving and it's fine (I'm next gen) 

Don't think they will be able to update Xbox 1 and Ps4 

Tbh those consoles held it back alot

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

On 8/6/2023 at 8:20 PM, beerfly said:

You are from Australia or NZ ? Please don`t ask The Pimps to add spiders. Please, man ! 

P.S. On second thought, I am looking for a reason, for a flamethrower to be added, so go on :)

yeah mate, new zealand 🙂

we have only one native poisonous spider (that can bite you - some have fangs too weak but are deadly) which is the katipo, and i got bit by them when i was a kid, no worse than a bee or wasp. no snakes, no crocs, no stonefish, no dingos, no blue ringed octopus, no fire ants. the worst bit of nature down here is the sandflies and mossies.

we do have sharks though...

id be willing to try a flamethrower on a shark if i had to

So I came across this POI called Rotten Cavern in a random gen world. It feels very unfinished: no loot room, no zombie spawn triggers, no skull rating, can't find it in official Navegane map. The layout is confusing due to 70% of the cave is very small, claustrophobic tunnel with samey badly textured rock. Sometime you can't even tell where the wall, floor or ceiling is. Weird protruding rock edges also force you to jump (instead of simply walk) through seemingly flat terrain. I got lost many times and motion sickness after I was done with this POI.

While I do like the ideal of descending into a zombie ridden cave, this is probably the worst POI at this state. Please improve this POI: increase the reward, more landmark for navigation, straighten and smooth out all the small tunnels.

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, sieungau96 said:

So I came across this POI called Rotten Cavern in a random gen world. It feels very unfinished: no loot room, no zombie spawn triggers, no skull rating, can't find it in official Navegane map. The layout is confusing due to 70% of the cave is very small, claustrophobic tunnel with samey badly textured rock. Sometime you can't even tell where the wall, floor or ceiling is. Weird protruding rock edges also force you to jump (instead of simply walk) through seemingly flat terrain. I got lost many times and motion sickness after I was done with this POI.

While I do like the ideal of descending into a zombie ridden cave, this is probably the worst POI at this state. Please improve this POI: increase the reward, more landmark for navigation, straighten and smooth out all the small tunnels.

Generally, locations with a name but no skull rating are 'fragments'. They're not a full POI, and don't have a 'loot room', and will never be the target of a trader quest. Kind of a 'Tier 0' POI.

They generally seem to be used as small footprint filler to avoid too many open spaces on tiles, but some of them seem designed to make rather good starter bases.

5 hours ago, sieungau96 said:

this is probably the worst POI at this state

Just use the hole on the top to drop down right to the bottom on day 2 (don't forget to break your leg doing that), then slowly make your way back up in the dark using all the nice ropes here and there (don't forget to fall down once or twice more when trying).

During this you may encounter a handful of scattered zombies that come out of nowhere (poop your pants if you like here, because you have to switch from your torch to your club and swing into the dark hoping to hit anything).

And when you finally get back to surface you recognize that this thing has an actual "official" entrance, when you don't just run up the nice little hill at night, which is the backside of the poi.

Then call it a successful clear quest to yourself, reward you with drinking your last water and move on.

at least that's what I did 😀

And I really liked that little episode...at least when I thought back to it several days later, sitting in my comfy base sipping coffee.

no sh!$. Happened exactly like that.

Edited by meilodasreh (see edit history)

@faatal @TFP

I have a question regarding spawning. More specifically respawndelay within the biomes.

The respawn delay in xml has a decimal example 2.9. The type is Int, which doesn't include

a decimal. Doesn't it just automatically round up to the nearest whole number.

In order for it to work completely as intended would the int need to be changed to a float?

A long conversation passed, I played with the spawn timing for a personal mod, had to jump through

hoops to get float to be accepted in the place of the int. This came about because I was corrected

and shown the difference, that I had missed.

Is it possible for this to be changed by TFP? It would allow for the cascade onslaught in the city streets,

while keeping a check on AI generation.

4SheetZ