Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

On 8/18/2023 at 10:31 AM, meilodasreh said:

Moon has an atmosphere in 7D2D, and the story is to build a rocket and get there to escape the zombies.

The recipe is

10.000.000 electrical parts

15.000.000 mechanical parts

5.000.000 polymer

1.000.000 steel

10 leather 

10 cotton

1 ElonMusk (loot only item that has a 1:100.000.000 chance to drop from an airdrop at gamestage 5000 or higher)

also needs 50.000.000 fuel

But don't sweat, trader Bob has a good chance to have a rocket for sale as from day 7000, at a cost of 180billion dukes.

...and people are complaining there is no end game content, pfffft... 

Wait, can we sell the 1 Elon and buy 1 Roland for just 9000. He is also much more human, genuine and loved. And knows math. The solution for every problem. 

We would name him Roland 9000 👁️

Edited by beerfly
um..nothing (see edit history)

21 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

Marauder Armor in Alpha 22
seen before but still cool!

Reveal hidden contents

Also Raider and Marauder basicly mean the same thing so i made this

so what is scrap armor? Pillager?
image.jpeg.e8975ab456f85bb9860d2db8bb23feaa.jpeg

Cool design broken by not neccesary nails and comb on helmet xd

20 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Didn't realize this got shared earlier this month.  Shameless repost for those who may have missed it.  😅

10/10. realy good i love it just maybe add military corpses

On 8/18/2023 at 2:24 AM, Jost Amman said:

Wow! Chromatic aberration abortion IS pretty ugly! :fear:

FTFY!

11 hours ago, falloutcloud said:

I've got my fingers crossed for the helicopter. Especially since we have those helipads at all the traders now. I haven't tried landing the gyrocopter at one yet but without a runway I don't think it'll be that successful.

Landing is doable, but yeah, there isn't enough room to take-off. 

Edited by Krougal (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Krougal said:

Landing is doable,

Yes and even recommended with the vehicle damage overhaul in A21.

Away are the good old times when Jen welcomed me with a warm "oh there you are...",

and I was like "yeah don't act so surprised, I know you noticed the gyro crash into the side of your building"

On 8/19/2023 at 4:01 AM, Jost Amman said:

As far as I know, this is a known, and never resolved, issue with the Structural Integrity engine.

Sometimes you get a glitch like this and there's no apparent reason.

It's a bit of a long shot, but one thing you could try, is to use the console command: repairchunkdensity (RCD) on all the chunks of that column, up to bedrock.

Maybe there's some issue in the terrain below which messes up the SI calculations?

Turns out after spending hours being angry why it wasn't working, it was my fault. On the 1st floor I had a 5x3 Powered Garage Door put into the wall as an entrance into my base, which was where one of the support beams underneath my base was, therefore making no support go above to the top floors. The game is not broken, it's amazing just the way it is, you rock fun pimps!

4 hours ago, beerfly said:

We could really compete on the anticipation levels about that particular part of the game. The new outfits, can`t wait ! 

I'm also interested in the new UI the one we have now is pretty old. I don't remember what alpha. 

Really with this one the one thing that changed was text and that's it. Plus some additions like food ,water and xp

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

On 7/22/2023 at 9:24 PM, khzmusik said:

I just noticed there was a new experimental build. I just read through the changes.

Can anyone explain what this means exactly?

Trader area data is no longer stored inside chunks. It calculates if a position or bounds overlaps a trader when one of those functions gets called by using each trader bounds. That is the dynamic part. Not pre storing it in chunks.

3 hours ago, faatal said:

Trader area data is no longer stored inside chunks. It calculates if a position or bounds overlaps a trader when one of those functions gets called by using each trader bounds. That is the dynamic part. Not pre storing it in chunks.

Which for us regular players means...? :confused2:

On 7/31/2023 at 2:09 PM, BFT2020 said:

faatal responds to people that tag him, he has been doing that for some time now.  He reads things that members tag him on, and most of the time, he responds to it.  It may not be the response you want, but he does read things brought to his attention.

Yes, I generally do, but I have not been keeping up with this thread for about a month now, as I am busy elsewhere.

Some topics I am not going to say much about and tend to skip over, like art style or design directions as I don't make those decisions or contribute much to them. I may complain about them like anyone else on the team but those are not my call.

@faatal Tried out the new "loot container" command you had added.

There seems to be some strange bias. Try "loot container bookcase 50000 1 1" and you'll see that the vehiclesSkillMagazine always drops 60% more often than other skill magazines. And bookTechJunkie1Damage is always last with a similar difference to the most often found book bookArtOfMiningDiamondTools.

Is the command always reseting the random number seed? Or is is it the RNGs fault?

14 hours ago, faatal said:

i am so glad that people that are so much smarter than i are spending their efforts on entertaining me rather than trying to take my stuff

although there are plenty of those that are trying

thanks @faatal for making my world a better place, even though i dont understand a thing you say 🙂