A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

3 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

i get that done in my local club.

cost me a bit but worth it!

yes make it

Any random sandbox  game community : we want big crater or  10 km high tower,  epic battlefield , stadion etc

7dtd comunity : just add  a strip club plis

Guys what... XD

3 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Any random sandbox  game community : we want big crater or  10 km high tower,  epic battlefield , stadion etc

Guys what... XD

We have The Duke around 🎈

4 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Guys what... XD

We're also the same community asking for daycares to spawn next to strip clubs and churches. 😜

2 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

We're also the same community asking for daycares to spawn next to strip clubs and churches. 😜

yeez XD in my country was something like that in one small city : on this same street - church , strip club and police station XD so  immersive level above 4000 XD

Hey @Adam the Waster and @MechanicalLens as Forum Arch Protector in short FA... well you know how is going , you are choosen <Klassik mortal kombat vibs> as our forum champions to do glorious quest <clap clap from backgroud>. Your job is simple : convience @faatal and @madmole to add into 7dtd stip club called snowdog or  Knuckle Rub ( or both even better) and zombie girl in ragged japansse school uniform with cat ears and tail and one dirty thigs higs on leg and bare feet on another one ( well bitten above ankle because it will be looking ... estetic I guess? well i want to add to some my ideas to ! and well so a lot girls are weebs now so it will be immersive as hell!). So it will fullfile are fanservice requests and make are dreams alive . So , great champions  good luck in yours quest  and will memes  will be with you.. always. <clap clap in background again for ... the reasons >

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

17 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Hey @Adam the Waster and @MechanicalLens as Forum Arch Protector in short FA... well you know how is going , you are choosen <Klassik mortal kombat vibs> as our forum champions to do glorious quest <clap clap from backgroud>. Your job is simple : convience @faatal and @madmole to add into 7dtd stip club called snowdog or  Knuckle Rub ( or both even better) and zombie girl in ragged japansse school uniform with cat ears and tail and one dirty thigs higs on leg and bare feet on another one ( well bitten above ankle because it will be looking ... estetic I guess? well i want to add to some my ideas to ! and well so a lot girls are weebs now so it will be immersive as hell!). So it will fullfile are fanservice requests and make are dreams alive . So , great champions  good luck in yours quest  and will memes  will be with you.. always. <clap clap in background again for ... the reasons >

Ill do what i must.

add a Church stripclub!

GOOD MORNING NAVEZGANE SURVIVORS.

Today in our Forum Arch Protector show  we have special guest : @SnowDog1942 Welcome welcome , how do you feel today? Did honey helped you with zombie infection or you are going to eat brains very soon? 

And moreee important : what do you think about become canonical 7DTD  stip club owner ? And  about zombies girl in japanse school uniform ofc?

3 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Maybe a stupid question but do main roads ( well with asphalt not gravel roads) will be more "straighty" because there is too much turns ? 

The use of vehicles is already extremely boring. This linear acceleration, monotonous sound, lack of dynamics. Turns make it a little more realistic, riding in a straight line looks very pathetic

51 minutes ago, Morloc said:

But dad!...

Immagine

-Morloc

That newspaper is completely outdated and has nothing to do with the zombie apocalypse.

It actually was displayed in Navezgane's library as part of a "cold war exhibition".

Just look at the date which is drawn at the upper right edg...oh.

Doesn't matter, the real reason must be the also ruled out "volcano" scenario though.

Other explanations than seismic activity for all the way-too-bumpy roads would be absolutely far-fetched.

-don't have to sign my post cause there's an avatar doing that job

Edited by meilodasreh (see edit history)

1 hour ago, bachgaman said:

The use of vehicles is already extremely boring. This linear acceleration, monotonous sound, lack of dynamics. Turns make it a little more realistic, riding in a straight line looks very pathetic

i can't agrea , most road are  straighty on the world but for example in road of the dead 1 and 2 ( flash game ) l4d2, dying light or walking dead very unridible. Why? a lot of wracks boxes road works sight baricades etc so i will give example how to make it less boring. Bridge -  there is a lot of wracked cars are military barricade so first you need to clean it until you could get there . Another idea - there is sight "road working" a big hole- first you must put rocks or asphalt and you can drive throught it easy. In some places can be mines metal barriers etc and it will be rly easy to add this now - so you have straigh road but hard to drive throught it right?

11 hours ago, meilodasreh said:

That newspaper is completely outdated and has nothing to do with the zombie apocalypse.

It actually was displayed in Navezgane's library as part of a "cold war exhibition".

Just look at the date which is drawn at the upper right edg...oh.

Doesn't matter, the real reason must be the also ruled out "volcano" scenario though.

Other explanations than seismic activity for all the way-too-bumpy roads would be absolutely far-fetched.

-don't have to sign my post cause there's an avatar doing that job

Those decals on the roads are placeholders, and by no means represent the definitive game lore. Madmole stated a few months ago that they want to change them to something better/cooler. They also stated that they don't want much depth to it  though, as the game will mainly focus on the near past/present/near future (they want a "The Walking Dead" day-to-day survival scenario).

Hey guys, just a quick question in the wrong topic:

When I activate cheat mode and press Q in-game nothing happens. I have checked hotkeys and Q should activate God mode. Is there anything else I have to do to get it done?

U key for cheat build menu works as well as H key for flying around.

Newest build A19.

14 minutes ago, PoloPoPo said:

Hey guys, just a quick question in the wrong topic:

When I activate cheat mode and press Q in-game nothing happens. I have checked hotkeys and Q should activate God mode. Is there anything else I have to do to get it done?

U key for cheat build menu works as well as H key for flying around.

Newest build A19.

Did you open the console and type in dm?  I believe you have to do that in additional to enabling cheat mode via the UI at the start.

I rebind my keys so am not even sure now what is what but I always thought G was for God mode. And I am pretty sure BFT2020 is also correct that you have to open console and type dm then hit enter to be able to use it. "Cheat mode" from what I recall is just creative mode so you can use all blocks, items, etc in the game.

Can we get an update as to approximately when we can expect 19.5 and alpha 20?
I know a bunch of turds used to complain but I believe most of the hard and angry turds have likely moved on to something else.

I am not looking for an exact date just a general idea like 19.5 in 30 to 90 days, alpha 20 by fall or whatever.

2 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

Can we get an update as to approximately when we can expect 19.5 and alpha 20?
I know a bunch of turds used to complain but I believe most of the hard and angry turds have likely moved on to something else.

I am not looking for an exact date just a general idea like 19.5 in 30 to 90 days, alpha 20 by fall or whatever.

Most likely within the span of this year.

31 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Most likely within the span of this year.

31 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

ITS DONE WHEN ITS DONE!

My understanding is that if a release date for experimental hasn't been announced, then any timeframes given (even those directly provided by the devs) are just suggestions/guesses. 

my armchair speculation sense tells me that we'll see A19.5 in the next couple months, with most of the stuff we've seen advertised so far in this thread.

A20 will either release holiday 2021(if it has little new content and is effectively a patch to A19.5) or mid-late 2022 (if there is serious game-changing new content, such as NPC's or a dramatic RWG overhaul)

13 hours ago, faatal said:

No. A bigger or smaller POI is not going to make the map bigger.

Don't know.

We are not working on vehicles other than adding mods. For a20 anyway.

I'm not working on it, so I don't know all the details.

i can't agrea  about POI ; map can be this same  size but bigger. For example :  flat and skyscraper in my city are almost this same with small changes : their is a elevater in skycrapers and have 10 floor . Flats have 4 floors. So this same surface but have more m^2 . So if you decide to another skyscraper it will make map bigger without changing it size    

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

no i mean in terms of variety of cars in GTA not taking them and adding them. 

just add a truck, van, jeep, cop car, Army car, SUV, Gas truck and that would be enough cars to scrap down and to add variety    

but how come expand the map was expanded in terms of the rad barrier? 

there is that whole area in the wasteland that is a lay out for a city, I don't even care if you guys reuses POIs in nav! more to nav would be great!

some more cool areas would be neet too!

like a Farm in the Snow that is super dead, a airfield in the desert. etc

Hell even some more pregen maps would be nice to!  

ITS DONE WHEN ITS DONE!

Yeah i understand you point but add more colours for "civilians" cars, maybe crashed it other , civilian truck with diffrent compan's logos ( just cope it froms shops) , military with diffrents camoes will be cool and well still using this same model but with diffrents textures 

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)