Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

24 minutes ago, Syphon583 said:

You know, I hadn't thought about BM, but I would agree. They could work in lore that prevented this mechanic from being effective during a blood moon. Off the top of my head, blood moon or not, this mechanic should be rendered useless if you start attacking the zombies (either directly, or by use of a trap that you or your party owns). The Z's would recognize that as abnormal behavior for a fellow zombie and start attacking you. On the other hand, if you want to use this as a way to avoid blood moon, so be it. As long as you don't attack zombies, they won't bother you, but you also won't be gaining the valuable XP you get from participating in the BM.

Anyway, I just thought this would be a fun mechanic to play with. I can't think of any other game that does something similar.

This solution have 1 big problem : this could be very exploitable. well people on PVP will complain a lot.

So this idea sounds good for let say  spinoff or SP sequel

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Zombiepoptard said:

To be more specific I don't want another tier. I'm talking about having more tier 3 weapons and not extending the ceiling for us to inevitably reach in under a week. 

Look at Killing Floor 2 and how they manage to make a leveling system that isn't just based solely off damage. Depends what weapon you use as well.

Maybe a more inventive shotgun that has 4 barrels or a super one barrel shotgun that you'd probably want the perk to reload fast. Just an example off the top of my head. I'm sure they could think of something better since this is their job. Having just one very strong weapon would get pretty boring after a while of playing one build that you'd have to spend huge amounts of dukes to spec out of.

What should 4 barrels do? When an autoshotgun (with a massive damage output) already has a magazine size of 16? And that super one barrel shotgun sounds like it is just about damage, right? 😉

40 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

Yo mumpfy has been making some fan art.  Pimps, y'all consider making more t shirt variants?

PYuj7qT.jpg

Hm.. kinda yes but... I think screamer figure could be better. Honestly i wish i could buy screamer and spider zombie figure

35 minutes ago, meganoth said:

What should 4 barrels do? When an autoshotgun (with a massive damage output) already has a magazine size of 16? And that super one barrel shotgun sounds like it is just about damage, right? 😉

Pistolet typu kacza stopa, 1580 rok. Odsyłam do... - myrmekochoria -  Wykop.pl

7 barrel pistol. so.... yep 4 barrel shotgun can work 

1 minute ago, Roland said:

The infection in the game is not the zombie..er..bacteria. It is just plain regular infection.

Roland you are genious! zombie plant! i mean - zombie overgrown  by plants! ( idk how my logic work but i still want TFP game about vampires XD)

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

Faster reload speed for a gun that would have you reloading every single shot or double down on damage. I would like to see both choices play out.

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

Hm.. kinda yes but... I think screamer figure could be better. Honestly i wish i could buy screamer and spider zombie figure

Pistolet typu kacza stopa, 1580 rok. Odsyłam do... - myrmekochoria -  Wykop.pl

7 barrel pistol. so.... yep 4 barrel shotgun can work 

Roland you are genious! zombie plant! i mean - zombie overgrown  by plants! ( idk how my logic work but i still want TFP game about vampires XD)

There we go! What every they want to put in the game the point is to broaden the choices for end game across all the systems via skills and weapons.

11 hours ago, Roland said:

No. He didn't.

It never did. Bad translation?

"I can feel the change like an itch in the back of my skull ". That's... roughly his neck? Scalp? Who cares about a little paraphrasing? It all depends on the Duke's size I guess. Also, Jared says he can sense something stirring inside of him. I consider myself a polite gentleman and won't comment any further on the subject. I am loving this deep, profound lore. 

10 hours ago, Zombiepoptard said:

Faster reload speed for a gun that would have you reloading every single shot or double down on damage. I would like to see both choices play out.

There we go! What every they want to put in the game the point is to broaden the choices for end game across all the systems via skills and weapons.

So the solution is trading magazine size/reload speed for higher damage?

I can see why there is a choice in Agility because there the different weapons are really different. I don't see why I would have a significant choice with that. But don't mind me, I'm not the one who decides anyway. I like your underground bunker idea by the way.

17 minutes ago, meganoth said:

I can see why there is a choice in Agility because there the different weapons are really different. I don't see why I would have a significant choice with that. But don't mind me, I'm not the one who decides anyway. I like your underground bunker idea by the way.

I spend so time playing in vanguard and something like that could have sense if guns woudn't be connected with perks ( because this would allow to have 3 cubs only and 10 smg) - you want to deal as much dmg as you can to single but powerfull enemy? more powerfull bullets with shorter mag. You have to deal with group of weak enemies? weaker bullets but longer mags.  

This idea is good to add in sequel

On 3/7/2022 at 12:52 PM, Lord Morphleyes said:

To that point, it's there a way to REDUCE the block damage of the shotgun without buffing all blocks from player damage?  I am very limited in my shotgun use in POI clearing do the the damage it does to walls, floors, bookshelves...

It helps to add the mod that reduces projectile spread, and more important: close in distance before firing a shotty at your enemy.

A shotgun isn't the weapon of choice to target enemies at the other side of the room or up from a higher floor.

It works best when more or less directly standing on front of that poor (non-)being you want to sent to the ninth dimension.

In fact shottys work quite realistic in that context: you fire in the general direction and you just hit everything.

Making them the best and worst weapon choice for home defense...the best, considering the fact that there's nothing more intimidating than looking into the barrel(s) from the wrong end...and the worst, because if it comes to the point that you really have to fire that thing...

Well I guess I would rather having myself getting robbed out. Comes cheaper than having to renovate the whole room where you fired it. 😲

...oh and please: no changes to projectile block damage.

I absolutely love that ability to create a random panic exit point just by firing straight down when standing on a wooden floor.

I can't remember right now if it is a book or the completion bonus that you can literally shred through wood blocks...anyway, please don't touch that.

Edited by meilodasreh (see edit history)

59 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

n fact shottys work quite realistic in that context: you fire in the general direction and you just hit everything.

That's not even close to correct or "realistic" as you say, Shotgun spread at 15 feet (across an avg room) is about 10 inches. 26 inches at 15 yds, that's 45 feet. If you want it gamey then sure, you hit everything across the room but don't even think about using the realism argument for that.

13 hours ago, Blake_ said:

"I can feel the change like an itch in the back of my skull ". That's... roughly his neck? Scalp? Who cares about a little paraphrasing? It all depends on the Duke's size I guess. Also, Jared says he can sense something stirring inside of him. I consider myself a polite gentleman and won't comment any further on the subject. I am loving this deep, profound lore. 

That means the person felt the change happening to them, like they would feel an itch in the back of their skull.  That's a great way to describe what the author is experiencing to a new condition (none of us have been converted to zombies as far as I know) by comparing it to something we probably have experienced in our lives.

6 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

That means the person felt the change happening to them, like they would feel an itch in the back of their skull.  That's a great way to describe what the author is experiencing to a new condition (none of us have been converted to zombies as far as I know) by comparing it to something we probably have experienced in our lives.

Blake has the interpretation he wants and he isn't letting go...

6 hours ago, meganoth said:

I guess that choice idea thing could get lost in specifics but I want the character building system to be more robust.

I'm glad you mentioned my bunker idea because I think that was the best spit ball I had in that clump up spit balls. It's would make things easier on the poi builders to create challenging fun levels just meant for gameplay and not recognizable city esthetics. I would like multiple pathways you could take like vents or sewer systems to ad to the stealthy prospective of the game.  They could have the freedom to make anything that they wanted with traps and the key/button system they put in to alpha 20. It would be mostly bandits with some special infected sprinkled in.

4 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

That's not even close to correct or "realistic" as you say, Shotgun spread at 15 feet (across an avg room) is about 10 inches. 26 inches at 15 yds, that's 45 feet. If you want it gamey then sure, you hit everything across the room but don't even think about using the realism argument for that.

This sounds like payday 2 and i like this so : yes realism argument can work- it will make so make perks pointless? yes but i don't like weapon/tool connected perks

3 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

hm being vampire count too or not?

3 hours ago, Roland said:

Blake has the interpretation he wants and he isn't letting go...

let it go  let it go 🥶

2 hours ago, Zombiepoptard said:

I guess that choice idea thing could get lost in specifics but I want the character building system to be more robust.

I'm glad you mentioned my bunker idea because I think that was the best spit ball I had in that clump up spit balls. It's would make things easier on the poi builders to create challenging fun levels just meant for gameplay and not recognizable city esthetics. I would like multiple pathways you could take like vents or sewer systems to ad to the stealthy prospective of the game.  They could have the freedom to make anything that they wanted with traps and the key/button system they put in to alpha 20. It would be mostly bandits with some special infected sprinkled in.

this would work in ms survival not here

On 3/8/2022 at 6:46 PM, JCrook1028 said:

Of course you are right, I shouldn't have used the bad "r..." word in that context. It's only useful to upset people around here.

The behaviour of shotguns in 7d2d is just as realistic as it is to live in the zombie apocalypse, carrying a self-constructed motorbike whilst climbing a ladder, not to forget the 6000m³ of wet concrete mix...amongst other things of course. 👍

Edited by meilodasreh (see edit history)

Speaking of Tier4 weapons, it would be great if those were late game crafting goals.  Make the requirements for components stupid high and/or very expensive trader items.  It would give a late game goal that is somewhat missing now.

1 hour ago, meilodasreh said:

Of course you are right, I shouldn't have used the bad "r..." word in that context. It's only useful to upset people around here.

The behaviour of shotguns in 7d2d is just as realistic as it is to live in the zombie apocalypse, carrying a self-constructed motorbike whilst climbing a ladder, not to forget the 6000m³ of wet concrete mix...amongst other things of course. 👍

Well we have zombie ants.... soooo....

but seriously. you can make game "realistic" - like assasin creed. ( this is just like style - bordelands have comics style, loop hero have " 16 bit console style", far cry have black comedy style etc.)

NZA is good example for this ( because it use system + assets from V2)- you have realistic soldiers uniforms, tanks, things in bunkers , logical bases. Then are "fantasy" things like zombies occult stuff etc.  ofc things can be chang to more suit into gameplay that's true but you can still keep "realism" like : mp40 have 32 magasine,  sdk using mg42, vikings don't have helmets.

So that's why devs spends so much time looking how bulding was looking in XV century, what people was wearing etc.  Assasin screed can be good example - in ac1 they wanted to give altair crossbow but artists say it would unrealistic because crossbow wasn't used in this period and in this same time add alien tech.  

So let say - realistic can be "artist" style - plague tale is realistic or horizon zero dawn or origins.

Autentic is diffrent style  - red orchestra, heart of iron , let hell loose or sturmovik.

so i will give you example ( WARNING! NOW DON'T MATTER IF THIS WOULD BE ADDED IN 7DTD OR NOT THIS IS JUST EXAMPLE HOW THIS WORK)

So let say - someone suggest change ak47 into m16 because usa military use more m16 - this is realistic idea

another person suggest change m60 bullet types because m60 don't use this same bullet time as ak 47 - this is autentic idea.

so "realism " shotguns could works if guns woudn't  be connected with perks - so shotguns could works that way in let say - l4d2 or in contagion.