Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

• Roland unpinned this topic
58 minutes ago, Demonoid74 said:

ooo can we have another countdown timer made up of emotes or other pointless symbols just to mess with people! ;)

i dont know... i think silence is the best way to mess with people... after all... everyone on the TFP team has packed bags and moved to the Bahamas. (at least that is what people think when they dont hear from the devs of any game.)  :)

5 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

i dont know... i think silence is the best way to mess with people... after all... everyone on the TFP team has packed bags and moved to the Bahamas. (at least that is what people think when they dont hear from the devs of any game.)  :)

Nah valve is exception because everyone know they are bussy to forge crowbars 

On 3/4/2022 at 5:56 PM, Lord Morphleyes said:

@dcsobral

THIS. It says shotguns get a stun but that doesn't happen

I did some experiments and it does seem like it doesn't happen. Specifically, I turned on dm, pressed F3 to get the stats info, clicked on whatever checkbox it is that turns on buff information, then shot zombies while pressing SHIFT so that the buffs for those zombies would be shown. I never saw a stun buff on them except after they were dead. And, yet, I wasn't basing my comment on the description but on the XML itself. As far as I can tell, it should have worked. It definitely looks like a bug, possibly a bug affecting other perks. I won't go to the trouble of reporting it myself but if anyone wants to report it and wants help reproducing the steps above, just send me a direct message.

progression.xml:

<effect_group>
                        <requirement name="ItemHasTags" tags="perkBoomstick"/>
                                <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfAttackedOther" action="AddBuff" target="other" buff="buffInjuryStunned01Shotgun">
                                        <requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkBoomstick" operation="Equals" value="0"/>
                                </triggered_effect>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfAttackedOther" action="AddBuff" target="other" buff="buffInjuryStunned02Shotgun">
                                        <requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkBoomstick" operation="GTE" value="1"/>
                                        <requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkBoomstick" operation="LTE" value="2"/>
                                </triggered_effect>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfAttackedOther" action="AddBuff" target="other" buff="buffInjuryStunned03Shotgun">
                                        <requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkBoomstick" operation="GTE" value="3"/>
                                </triggered_effect>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfAttackedOther" action="AddBuff" target="other" target_tags="walker" buff="buffInjuryCrippled01">
                                        <requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkBoomstick" operation="Equals" value="5"/>
                                        <requirement name="HitLocation" body_parts="LeftUpperLeg,RightUpperLeg,LeftLowerLeg,RightLowerLeg"/>
                                </triggered_effect>

<effect_description level="1" desc_key="perkBoomstickRank1Desc" long_desc_key="perkBoomstickRank1LongDesc"/>
                        <effect_description level="2" desc_key="perkBoomstickRank2Desc" long_desc_key="perkBoomstickRank2LongDesc"/>
                        <effect_description level="3" desc_key="perkBoomstickRank3Desc" long_desc_key="perkBoomstickRank3LongDesc"/>
                        <effect_description level="4" desc_key="perkBoomstickRank4Desc" long_desc_key="perkBoomstickRank4LongDesc"/>
                        <effect_description level="5" desc_key="perkBoomstickRank5Desc" long_desc_key="perkBoomstickRank5LongDesc"/>
                </effect_group>

buffs.xml:

<buff name="buffInjuryStunned01Shotgun" name_key="buff Injury Stunned 01 Shotgun" hidden="true" icon="ui_game_symbol_stunned" icon_color="255,128,0">
    <damage_type value="stun"/>
    <stack_type value="replace"/>
    <duration value="3"/>
    <effect_group>
      <requirement name="!EntityTagCompare" tags="player"/>
      <requirement name="EntityTagCompare" tags="walker"/>
      <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="ModifyCVar" cvar=".shotgunSuppressCooldown" operation="set" value="1"/>
      <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffInjuryStunned01Cooldown"/>
      <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AddBuff" buff="buffInjuryStunned01"/>
    </effect_group>
  </buff>

On 3/5/2022 at 2:08 AM, Babuchas said:

There is something odd going on on those series where people find a book in almost every newspaper stand or mailbox. In 2 different series, with very high loot stage (over 200), i found a book maybe 25% of the time. So if they tone it down i guess i wont be able to find a single book until i get to lootstage 250...

Actually, it's the other way around. The higher the gamestage, the less likely you are to find books in the mailboxes.

Why is such an important feature (in my opinion) of finding your backpack after your death, still so bugged after so many alpha's I played?

Again just now. Got killed by a bear, went back to the blue backpack icon and again no backpack.

Playing since alpha 15 and every alpha had this problem. Don't understand why this is either such a hard bug to fix, or it's just not being fixed because it's not important enough to spend time on.

On 3/19/2022 at 10:52 AM, Aero said:

Why is such an important feature (in my opinion) of finding your backpack after your death, still so bugged after so many alpha's I played?

Again just now. Got killed by a bear, went back to the blue backpack icon and again no backpack.

Playing since alpha 15 and every alpha had this problem. Don't understand why this is either such a hard bug to fix, or it's just not being fixed because it's not important enough to spend time on.

There is also the possibility that this bug depends on something you did or have. I don't remember the last time I have seen this bug personally but it must be years ago. At the minimum it is a bug that is hard to reproduce consistently and that makes it a very difficult bug to fix.

Have you cleared your configuration data when you updated to the newest alpha? (i.e. did you go into the launcher, tools tab last option, activate all checkboxes, to clean out everything from the previous alpha?).

Is your hardware adequate to play 7d2d at your current settings ? I.e. are you consistently reaching more than 20-25 fps?

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, meganoth said:

There is also the possibility that this bug depends on something you did or have. I don't remember the last time I have seen this bug personally but it must be years ago. At the minimum it is a bug that is hard to reproduce consistently and that makes it a very difficult bug to fix.

Have you cleared your configuration data when you updated to the newest alpha? (i.e. did you go into the launcher, tools tab, and cleaned out everything from the last one?).

Is your hardware adequate to play 7d2d? I.e. are you consistently reaching more than 20-25 fps?

this can sounds stupid but... are backpack  ignored by zombies?

On 3/20/2022 at 8:37 AM, meganoth said:

Have you cleared your configuration data when you updated to the newest alpha? (i.e. did you go into the launcher, tools tab last option, activate all checkboxes, to clean out everything from the previous alpha?).

Is your hardware adequate to play 7d2d at your current settings ? I.e. are you consistently reaching more than 20-25 fps?

Yep, this bug was again addressed for what appeared to be the last time like a year ago. This is the first time it has been mentioned since then.

On 3/20/2022 at 8:44 AM, Matt115 said:

this can sounds stupid but... are backpack  ignored by zombies?

AI does not see backpacks.

On 3/23/2022 at 3:00 PM, meganoth said:

And since there is a simple way to generate backpacks I offer the new slogan: "dying to stay alive"

This should have been the slogan of the game since there were no death penalties in it. Right now death is only a reward, so the game literally says "die to survive"

On 3/24/2022 at 4:21 PM, RussianMafia said:

Long time since last experimental branch, must be lots of sweet fixes done.

Any chance we will get to see dismemberment added to the rest of zombies in this alpha or has that been pushed to a21 now?

I'd also like to see attacking limbs after the dismemberment. Or players getting attacked by wandering hordes of 'Thing T. Thing'. 😉

11 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Then file a bug report with all the details you can remember, no need to post it here.

i wasnt complaining, its a feature not a bug..... 

I am sure the Pimps are well aware of any issues with RWG and will have tweaked it for A21. 

So put your keyboard away there are no zombies to slay here.

• Roland locked this topic