Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

39 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Okay but what if there is more that few players? so this would be problematic

Ps. i like this idea just i think what can be problem and how to solve this

It's not a real issue.  Red is 💯 right.

...this feature (editing spawn points) has been available as long as I've been playing the game, in one form or another.

...to have a parser set spawn points on prefab generation is something I've already got a mod for (I didn't write it); mine is to limit and ensure a particular poi spawn, but it could easily be repurposed for this.

And that's a mod.  Just think what kinyajuu could do.  

2 hours ago, Guppycur said:

...this feature (editing spawn points) has been available as long as I've been playing the game, in one form or another.

...to have a parser set spawn points on prefab generation is something I've already got a mod for (I didn't write it); mine is to limit and ensure a particular poi spawn, but it could easily be repurposed for this.

ok about thay. Well i have spawn issues in a lot of games ( i lose saves in one of them because of that xd) so...  bugless is the most important thing here.

well this depends if he have times. total war shogun 2 is good rts. But Darthmod make this game perfect rts. but mods are making in free time. here spawnpoint need to be connected with choosen POI's so... i think best thing what we can do is just suggest what POI'S could be used for that to safe his time

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

Did something happen to the horde pathing, ai or spawning? 

Just noticed that now when I am running from a nightmare speed 64 horde, they kinda get lost. 

In some ways it is more interesting, because they can spawn more as you are running, but it is also kinda easier and you get a lot of breaks where you can fiddle your thumbs. 

On 3/12/2022 at 5:54 PM, Guppycur said:

Honestly, the POI idea was just a notion. The main ask was to have different "difficulty tiers" for spawn points. I'd be happy if it were just something like a setting to spawn in the desert on harder difficulties.

If we could get that, then world builders could modify these spawn points however they liked, so TFP wouldn't necessarily have to do that work.

But it's also one of those "nice to have" features. It's not important enough to take away dev time from NPCs or fixing water.

9 hours ago, pregnable said:

Did something happen to the horde pathing, ai or spawning? 

Just noticed that now when I am running from a nightmare speed 64 horde, they kinda get lost. 

Just a guess here, but I would assume that might be because there's just too many entities around at the same time.

Everybody is just constantly bumping into everybody else, and so pathing gets messed up.

Because they all try to avoid and get around anything, and at the same time being obstacles for anything else around.

1 hour ago, Beelzebubs Ghost said:

This thread is as dry as a nuns crotch 🙄

I wonder when this will be closed and the official A21 one opened. We need another good start point with the roadmap on it so we can all go mental over the next big release.

Any devs or Roland have an update, 🤔

*Old preacher's voice* :hail: :kev:

"The Devs have abandoned us! ... Save yourselves! The Time of A21 is nigh!"

Wasteland Biome needs revamping

now that the burnt forest has been incorporated into wasteland, it no longer makes sense that the entire wasteland ground is composed of "terrDestroyedStone". this block is understandable around prefabs, in towns, and in cities, but for the wilderness, it makes no sense. never really did. The wilderness sections of wasteland should be "terrBurntForestGround" to make more sense. I mean the trees and grass and what little brush there is grew out of soil. Dropping nukes and burning the ground would not have converted soil to stone and then destroyed the stone.

You incorporated the 2 biomes, Please use them creatively in a way that makes sense and is fun.

Edited by wolfbain5 (see edit history)

8 hours ago, wolfbain5 said:

Wasteland Biome needs revamping

now that the burnt forest has been incorporated into wasteland, it no longer makes sense that the entire wasteland ground is composed of "terrDestroyedStone". this block is understandable around prefabs, in towns, and in cities, but for the wilderness, it makes no sense. never really did. The wilderness sections of wasteland should be "terrBurntForestGround" to make more sense. I mean the trees and grass and what little brush there is grew out of soil. Dropping nukes and burning the ground would not have converted soil to stone and then destroyed the stone.

You incorporated the 2 biomes, Please use them creatively in a way that makes sense and is fun.

Indeed, this can go further, since Hub City I`ve always accepted Wasteland as a walk over the ruins of the buildings that existed Before.

And the layer or two under them is just the rest of the small pieces left. 

There should be more hell out there. 

Edited by beerfly
Combined with the props of Burnt Forest (see edit history)

7 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

only.... it's not Christmas Eve yet :)

It's Christmas every time we start the game.

Can we at least know what 20.4 is bringing ? 

*handing you 265 dukes and a two potato seeds under the table* 😇

9 minutes ago, Trankitas said:

Hi guys, I've been off for a while and I can't make an ETA for A21 dev diary.  

Does anyone have a guess?

(Don't "when it's done" me) Thanks.

Late next week for 20.4 and Mothers Day weekend for A21, precisely at 11am EDT when I will be doing Morhersday Brunch and can't play

1 hour ago, Lord Morphleyes said:
2 hours ago, Trankitas said:

Hi guys, I've been off for a while and I can't make an ETA for A21 dev diary.  

Does anyone have a guess?

(Don't "when it's done" me) Thanks.

Late next week for 20.4 and Mothers Day weekend for A21, precisely at 11am EDT when I will be doing Morhersday Brunch and can't play

*stealing old preacher's voice from @Jost Amman*:

Fear not! I'm pretty sure that the A21 dev diary won't have any playable content 😉😛

Edited by meilodasreh (see edit history)